Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

RPM launch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RPM launch?

i have a 1990 Cb7 stock just with bolt-on's
    what is the best RPM to launch it at?
    anyone? ive launched it 5,500rpm and it does wheel spin alot so i know its not that... i dont want to waste my tires trying to find out so someone can you please help me?

what do you know about tire pressure.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well i have regular tires with regular tire pressure.

Comment

you have a 5 speed right?

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Whats your tire pressure and size?

Comment

its auto lol
            14" and with regular tire pressure. idk what it is i havent checked but its what the guys at the tire shop put on them.

Comment

Quit doing neutral launches in your auto.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
              1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
              2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

why? i been doing it for about a year. no problems.

Comment

one day it will be a partsscatter. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

my car has 290k miles and ive always high revved it for about 2 years and been launching it at 5,000 rpms for a year and nothin has gone bad with it. ive topped it out at a lil over 130mph aswell several times. and my car still runs smooth when im driving normal.

Comment

Well then go ahead and keep doing it then it's your car.

when it goes out more reason to do a manual swap.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by iamdoby4life View Post
                        why? i been doing it for about a year. no problems.
                        ...Yet.

When your in neutral revving it up like that and you shift into drive, the clutches inside the automatic transmission end up initially slipping for a while (excessively), which is not good on them. Normally if your RPM's are low most of the "slippage" happens inside the torque converter where its supposed to.

If your really looking to launch faster with an automatic, you could hold the brakes and give it a little gas (in drive, at a stop) to kind of "pre-load" the torque converter. Of course thats not good on things either- your generating alot of heat and can very well break many components, but I suppose if you must, then its probably a little better on it than a "neutral-drop"

Besides if you have an automatic transmission designed almost 20 years ago for reliability and fuel economy, its not supposed to be "fast". Trying to force it to go faster than intended will most likely cause failure of the transmission.
                        Dont get me wrong, everyone wants to go fast, but you need the right equipment. Get a 5-speed swap (or a factory 5-speed accord), and get whichever clutch you want, and you can launch at whatever RPM you find is best!
                        Last edited by ON_N20; 04-16-2010, 12:48 AM.
                        ON_N20
                        Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Originally posted by iamdoby4life View Post
                          its auto lol
                          14" and with regular tire pressure. idk what it is i havent checked but its what the guys at the tire shop put on them.
                          ok heres my vid on an auto launch..
                          tire size is 205/55r15s pressure 35 on all four
                          basic bolt ons

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

to prevent wheel spin, you need to lower your tire pressure and launching rpm.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Dude what do you race with a heavy ass automatic accord? Cause two stock accords racing ain't a good scene if you ask me.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                              My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Working...
                              X