Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

"Personal Preference" Threads will be deleted.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Personal Preference" Threads will be deleted.

Minus any mechanic's or finance liens that you may have, your car essentially belongs to you. What you do with it is your personal choice. Just like choices you make in life, not all will be popular, some will, and some will be 50/50.

In summary, if you think something will look good on your car, do it. Don't worry about who might jeer and who might cheer. It's YOUR CAR!!!!

Any threads asking "Do you guys like this?" or "Should I do Option A or Option B?" will be deleted. It does nothing in the way of contributing to the community, it just collects a tally of who likes what. I'm not saying nobody cares, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't move the collective as a whole forward.

Repeat offenders will be addressed accordingly.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

does this apply to the regular section as well?
    visit vgruk

Comment

About time this happened. It's the next biggest offense to "where can I get such and such parts?" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
        does this apply to the regular section as well?
        Yea, pretty much. But since when have you ever noticed these threads pop up out side of the Beginner Section? You never see non descriptive titles or "where can I buy" threads either. It's like a maturation process has been completed.

You have a concern?
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Nobody feels the need to post-whore in the regular section.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
            Minus any mechanic's or finance liens that you may have, your car essentially belongs to you. What you do with it is your personal choice. Just like choices you make in life, not all will be popular, some will, and some will be 50/50.

In summary, if you think something will look good on your car, do it. Don't worry about who might jeer and who might cheer. It's YOUR CAR!!!!

Any threads asking "Do you guys like this?" or "Should I do Option A or Option B?" will be deleted. It does nothing in the way of contributing to the community, it just collects a tally of who likes what. I'm not saying nobody cares, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't move the collective as a whole forward.

Repeat offenders will be addressed accordingly.
            shouldnt that be in the off topic section? for asking those questions.
            work in progress

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...07#post3185107

Comment

We usually don't delete such things in the OT sections. OT posts don't add to the post count, so discussions of personal preference aren't good for post whoring.

Comment

ok so besides the opinion consensus..the threads like, hey Im doing this and that to my car and asking for help will be okay still right? even if said "option" might be distasteful helping is okay..obviously flaming isnt tolerated and injecting your opinion with no constructive criticism behind it wont be either.

Lets say Im adding some bigass bouzouki pipes and needing a secure way to mount them..

im all for it. maybe this will get people to search more and posters to add more descriptive pictures so people can get the jist of things.

Comment

Nothing wrong with sharing opinions. Saying "I think that's ugly, but you could do it this way" is fine. Saying "you're a moron" is another thing.

My stance on the matter is that as long as you provide useful information, being nice isn't necessarily required. This isn't kindergarten. We don't need to wear the kid gloves all the time. You can say you don't like something without outright attacking someone. However, if you're going to post at all, it's best to provide information that is useful in answering the question asked, even if you don't like the intentions.

"How do I do this?" questions are what this is all about.
                  "What do you think about this?" ends up with 5 dozen "look gud bro" posts from people that just want to whore up their post count. If it's a matter of personal preference in terms of appearance (wheel design, paint color, etc...) then it's just that. PERSONAL PREFERENCE. If you're so simple minded that you require the input of others to determine what YOU like, you should pick another hobby.
                  If the questions are regarding the quality or function of a particular item, like "What do you think of the OBX LSD?" then that's at least somewhat technical. That's more than just a "do you like it" question.

Comment

Back when I started I was asking the same stupiduestions. Back then deev and a lot of other *****s were on my ass. But thanks to that bullshit I learned to type in the web, to own other people on outside forums and it taught me how to build a car. I get how it can become annoying at a point but this forum is like parenting, and we're just getting old. We're in a digital era nowadays things are completely different from how they were years ago. The scene, the people and the trends. Nothing is getting easier and everything is getting more stupid. No need to delete a thread for a stupid question, its easier to warn and inform before taking the shot.
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                    X