Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

shaved fire wall & engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaved fire wall & engine bay

I just pulled the motor thought I would share what I got going on alongside my engine build.

cut all the studs off and all the brackets
    I've also got stainless brake lines for the whole car & am moving the proportioning valve inside the car I think or somewhere less noticeable
    sorry the images are so large I been using Facebook to upload the images
    No marathon gets easier later. ...

did you weld all that, or did you just bondo it over?

also, facebook SUCKS as a photo host. Flickr or Imgur are good options.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
      did you weld all that, or did you just bondo it over?

also, facebook SUCKS as a photo host. Flickr or Imgur are good options.

I bondo'd everything but with the bigger holes I put hardens like steel tap. I ran out of gas on my welder an was feeling lazy since my cars far from perfect I'm okay with it, and it will be better then it was

Comment

I really hope all that doesn't crack or pop off when you go over a bump for the first time. I understand doing it - I've got a long term project with a sheetmetal firewall and even more shaved than you have - but I don't understand doing it the lazy way, especially when it doesn't take that much longer.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          I really hope all that doesn't crack or pop off when you go over a bump for the first time. I understand doing it - I've got a long term project with a sheetmetal firewall and even more shaved than you have - but I don't understand doing it the lazy way, especially when it doesn't take that much longer.
          i really apriciate the advise i went around and poked all the easy ones out that would of been a real pain in the ass! What do you think about fiberglassing the holes or the hole firewall? i peeped your build thread your engine bays super clean!

here are a couple update pictures

Comment

fiberglass and metal don't mix. Fiberglass holds moisture next to metal and makes it rust. You have a welder, get a gas refill and do it right.

Comment

or buy some fluxcore wire and forget about the gas. No need for a gas mig weld bead when you are just going to cover it up anyway.

Here is how mine sits right now,

by GhostAccord, on Flickr

It still needs a few spots filled then a little grinding cleaning up. After that there will be no need for any fiberglass, just some spot putty/filler.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

And I thought i was the only one....

I just finished painting the other day

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                  or buy some fluxcore wire and forget about the gas. No need for a gas mig weld bead when you are just going to cover it up anyway.

Here is how mine sits right now,

It still needs a few spots filled then a little grinding cleaning up. After that there will be no need for any fiberglass, just some spot putty/filler.

OKAY! I bought gas and will be filling in the holes threw out the week thanks to everyone. I really just had a job to go do and need to get gas anyway so it all worked out. Now I can finish tig welding my 3in stainless steel intake

Comment

I can't wait to see it!

Comment

started welding

made some progress this morning until it got hot out .. it already over 100 in az! I'm glad you guys pushed me to weld all the holes in to make it 100% really excited to see how it look later this week!

Comment

haha.... you'll never finish this project now You'll keep wanting to make it look better. Mine a month ago, so if you have any questions PM me.

Comment

Jesus christ great work yall

Comment

so what's the update?

Comment

odbweldingwerksfab.com has a complete cb7 shave kit now. i might peep the scene if i ever pull my k24 back out.
                              Last edited by '93CB7Ex; 05-17-2018, 08:50 PM.
                              COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                              X