Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

BURN1 troubleshooting, help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BURN1 troubleshooting, help me!

ok well i am having huge issues burning chips.
    I am using SST 27SF512 chips.

I thought my chip was bad, but I just got some new ones from xenocron.
    I can verify the chip and succeed but hen I try to open the file in crome or BRE,
    it tells me the file can not be loaded.

So weird since the day before this happened I burned a chip with no issues.

Could static electricity potentially have killed my burn1?
    I did see small spark from it when I picked it up one day.
    just curious.

or does anyone else have some troubleshooting techniques.
    might be buying a burn2.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Resolder the joints on the usb connector. I had problems with the USB connector and not burning chips.

Comment

I will do that tomorrow.it detects it, and can verify i have a blank chip.
      but that is all.

I have a burn2 on the way, so if I can't fix this one, at least I have another plan.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Are you using the same laptop or computer you always have used?Anyway I have been having trouble with my burn1....It will load but not burn...Basicaly the same thing yours is doing.....I went back and reset all of my settings and it seems to be working?..Ive noticed with windows 7 it acts funny....Windows xp I never had a problem with it...Sometimes it takes me a few times to burn a chip?Im just basicaly sayn try and reset everything and try even if it detects the burner and chip..........But all and all i think both of our burners is going bye bye
        Only give advice when I know or have done it and it worked

Comment

Working...
        X