Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car starting problem

Hey Guys I have another problem to recap I have a 91 Honda Accord Lx 4 door Automatic with the F22a1. This past week I've been running into starting problems. The car would start and then almost right after sounds like your choking it and bog out until it dies. Then it wont start. A month prior to this I had a system installed with a battery relocation to the trunk so I have a brand new battery running thru a 60 amp fuse. Within the past 4 months I have installed a New starter and alternator and just recently had an oil change and tranny flush about a month ago. I also Had a new crank seal timing belt oil seal and and harmonix balancer belt replaced. Every now and again if I start the car go somewhere turn it off and then a few minutes later try to start it I get the dreaded S light blinking but later after it stops the car will start.But in the past week without the s light blinking the car just wont start sometimes it will roll but wont fire, so yesterday I did a tune up put a new filter on my short ram,cleaned out my throttle body and intake manifold and did new plugs and wires. Then it started fine until today. Started right up in the morning drove to my wifes work was there half hour and then went to my car and it wouldn't start the S light wasn't blinking it started with the whole bog down thing then just refused to start. I kept trying until the S light came on then I waited for it to stop blinking and tried again then nothing still no fire. Then when my wife came out from work 15 mins later I tried to start it again nothing then again and again really quick and then it fired. I drove it home and haven't touch it since. Any ideas or soultions would help greatly its the only car I have so the faster I can fix it and the cheapest would be the best. Thanks for your help again guys. (Sorry if I had run ons I think faster then I type sometimes)

Have you checked to see if the problem is spark related when it's giving trouble to start? I would suggest you do so, and if spark is the problem, consider the coil, distributor & Ignition Control Module (ICM). Not sure if the ICM is in the distributor like on the H22, but when my h22 was giving me trouble to start, it was due to the ICM. So the distributor I think is a good possibility.
    I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

Its getting spark I believe, I have a see thru cap and you can see it sparking

Comment

Working...
      X