Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stick or auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is a deep story bro.^^^ i am all about stick. i've had both, a 90ex sedan and 90ex sedan stick and now 93lx sedan that is stick. when i drove the auto it was pretty zippy if that's a good term but my stick cb's were just like a dream come true. when it really comes down to it, stick keeps you focused on the road and makes you appreciate how a car really works. to be honest i feel like if you are physically capable of driving stick you SHOULD!
    hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex
      my cb is auto an i love it
      I feel you bro. I love auto too!

Comment

When I bought my CB it was AUTO, cuz I got a really good deal on it. Couldn't stand the granny shift. Converted it to 5 speed a couple months later.

Love the 5 speed! More performance, more control, more fun to drive! Wish it was a 6 speed though.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Depends on what your looking for...Obviously auto isnt a wise idea on an autocross track. On a drag strip however it has potential. Most 7 sec cars run an auto because of the quicker shifting and such plus they can focus on keeping the car in a straight line. The only six speeds I can think of is the Yellow Viper (forgot who its built by), Ryan Woon and one of his buddies running 8 sec six speed supras. But back to the question I prefer manual since I like to take my car onto tracks and backroads. If I got a luxury car however I would prefer auto but thats not the case. An example would be the e39 m5 which I would love to have in my garage.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

oh i also have another manual car story i seen a guy try to park and some woman took his parking spot (it was his but he was taking a while to park at the angle he was in) and she rolled straight into it and he kept reving his car and cursing. she just got out and kept walking to the store. he then stepped out and was cursing her up and down "bitch get out my f'in space etc.." she turned around and was like "f you do somethin" but he left his car in neutral and it rolled down and hit another parked car. was embarrassing for him alot of ppl were watching and laughing cos when she said "DO something" he stayed quiet and couldnt come up with a come back. haha he even sped outta there didnt even leave registration or info and the car that got hit was scratched pretty bad. he shoulda payed attention and pulled the E brake. but yea when things are getting hectic you must remain calm and focus and take care of the basics..

Comment

I have an auto, and sometimes it's good like when I want to eat and talk on the jack at the same time. But, when I want jam in and out of traffic I would prefer to have a manual. It is good to have an auto if you like to drive and relax alot; however, that ain't me! I have test driven a manual CB7 before and loved it. Also, tou can squeeze better MPG's out of a manual. That's why I want one so bad. If anyone has a stock/ almost stock blk or blue 93 4dr manual one for sale, pls holla at me.
              Last edited by Straight Success; 06-26-2007, 10:13 PM.
              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

ALWAYS stick. Auto seems fun...until ya notice your mileage. And eventually you want something to do. Don't know, it's mostly just a personal thing.

Comment

i actually driven both, it really all depends on what kind of day your having . I love my 5spd. For a 4cylinder car i think it's always best to get a manual. i could only see myself buying an auto if i bought a luxury car like a lexus, or if i got married and we needed another veichle. Stick is where it's at..
                  %101 stock

Comment

Working...
                  X