Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cranks with No Start After Clutch Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cranks with No Start After Clutch Replacement

Hi all,

I am relatively new here to the forum I made an account a while back but I have never posted anything up until now, and I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a 1991 Accord Sedan LX that I replaced the clutch on. I started the job about 9 or 10 months ago but ran into some problems and school came around so I let it sit the whole time while I was away and only worked on it on breaks or whenever I was back home. Ran great before I let it sit. Spring break came around and I got the tranny back on to getting everything fitted up with some help. Right after going to try and turn the car on the clutch pedal didn't have any pressure so I spent a day bleeding it and eventually got pressure in it. Now I go to crank it and it just cranks but does not start. It also gives the most weirdest cranking sound. The battery was brand new 10 months ago and still has some juice because it cranks the car pretty strongly. I replaced the main relay about a year ago and my guess is that it should still be good. I had my cousin crank the car while I stuck a screw driver in the spark plug wires and got zapped from all four wires so I am assuming I have spark. I undid the gas cap and I heard all this pressure be released and I put fresh gas in. I cranked for a couple more times and still nothing so I loosed up the bolt that relieves pressure from the fuel rail and nothing happened. No gas came out and no apparent pressure was released.

I am just wondering if something with the injectors must have gotten clogged from the time it was sitting or why is it that I am not getting any pressure. I got an injector cleaning about two years ago. I also am not hearing the 'fuel priming' after turning the key.

Just wondering what I should do from here.
    Thank you
    -Antonio
    Last edited by antoniorm; 04-03-2015, 06:36 PM.

Do you hear the main relay click and the fuel pump prime when you put the key into the IN position?

Edit, just caught the part about not hearing the fuel pump prime. I would swap your main relay out.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

You need fuel/spark just to name a few to make it run. Try starter fluid while someone turns engine over if it runs you know its a fuel issue. If it does NOT run while spraying in starter fluid then you know to look more into a spark problem. Just my thought.

Comment

Hi thank you for the input I will try switching the relay as a last step because I replaced it about a year ago. Yesterday i sprayed starter fluid into the intake and took spark plugs out and sprayed in there too and still nothing happened after cranking so yes must be no spark. I also took the dstributor cap off and it was green and corroded on the points where the rotor touches and the coil looked some what rusty. I am hoping i wont have to replace the coil only cap and rotor but I will keep posting what happens.
        Last edited by antoniorm; 04-04-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I would like to thank you two guys for your help.

Spent all day trying to diagnose why there was no spark and why the fuel was not flowing. I kept looking around the engine to see if there were any loose wires or plugs that I had overlooked when putting the tranny back on the engine and I found what looked like a ground wire underneath the thermostat housing that was not connected to anything and a empty bolt hole right underneath the thermostat housing. Turns out it was the g101 ground wire that i believe grounds the ecu so I hooked that up and the car turned right up.

The only bad thing is that the car smokes now a little from the engine bay and little blue smoke from the exhaust. Not sure if its because the car sat for almost a year with no oil in it or what but I am going to keep an eye on the oil level and hopefully its nothing bad.
          Last edited by antoniorm; 04-05-2015, 01:50 AM.

Comment

it is amazingly common for that ground wire not to get hooked up after any kind of swap work.
            CB7TUNER.com
            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
              it is amazingly common for that ground wire not to get hooked up after any kind of swap work.
              I can see why. I have learned my lesson.

Comment

Working...
              X