F22B1 Will Not Start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B1 Will Not Start...

What's up guys...here again. I could really use some help from the experts on this site. Ok so I have a 91 Accord with a F22B1 swap. Just recently I ordered another engine harness which is just the harness around the motor.

Just finished installing it today, however now it will not start. The new harness came with a couple of connectors I did not recognize so I just left them unplugged because I have no use for them.

I just need a list of what is vital to the start of this motor, because I had it running before...idk what I might of missed this time around. BTW I have a POA-A01 ecu. The engine harness is a stock 91 Accord Ex M/T harness.
    F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

if you are using the F22B1 harness from the car that the motor came from, then it isn't going to work in your car - you need to use ALL of your original '91 wiring. The new motor should not include any wiring at all - just the motor and metal accessories. You will need to make minor adjustments to your wiring to match up to the new accessories (like the distributor or whatever) but at least you know the main wiring matches the rest of your car.

if you tried to use a harness from another car, it will match up to the engine, but won't mate up to your car. You'll be left with some of the main harness connectors being left disconnected, which is the equivalent of completely disconnecting entire sections of your engine (like, miss one connection, and your entire distributor and transmission are no longer connected... miss another one, and the entire Intake manifold is disconnected...)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Make sure the ground wires on the thermostat housing are good and tight an making connection. Check your ecu fuse aswell.

02 Crv
      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        if you are using the F22B1 harness from the car that the motor came from, then it isn't going to work in your car - you need to use ALL of your original '91 wiring. The new motor should not include any wiring at all - just the motor and metal accessories. You will need to make minor adjustments to your wiring to match up to the new accessories (like the distributor or whatever) but at least you know the main wiring matches the rest of your car.

if you tried to use a harness from another car, it will match up to the engine, but won't mate up to your car. You'll be left with some of the main harness connectors being left disconnected, which is the equivalent of completely disconnecting entire sections of your engine (like, miss one connection, and your entire distributor and transmission are no longer connected... miss another one, and the entire Intake manifold is disconnected...)
        Dude I'm not using the 94 accord harness f22b1...I'm using the 91 accord f22ax harness...

91' Accord Project

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
          Make sure the ground wires on the thermostat housing are good and tight an making connection. Check your ecu fuse aswell.
          Pretty sure the grounds are making good connection, when you say thermostat housing do you mean the ground right below it? Or should it be grounded to the housing?...where would this ecu fuse be located? Also I have an oil light on the cluster when I put the key in the on position though I have plenty of oil if that means anything. She cranks but I can not get her to start.

91' Accord Project

Comment

http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=150257
            Can you hear the fuel pump kicking on and are you getting spark?

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by DGOfTheCentury View Post
              Dude I'm not using the 94 accord harness f22b1...I'm using the 91 accord f22ax harness...
              Sorry, I need to learn how to read

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=150257
                Can you hear the fuel pump kicking on and are you getting spark?
                Oh think tht ground is on the back of the block below the thermostat housing...but I will switch it around tomorrow and give it a go...

No I do not hear the fuel pump...
                How loud would the pump be? I should hear it when I put the key in the on position right?...the way I checked the fuel pressure...I squeezed the feed line with my hand felt pretty solid

There is a few sensors I do not have hooked up...like the EGR, Idle Air Control, and whatever sensor is to the left of the MAP sensor when you are in front of the throttle body...my MAP is on top of the throttle body
                Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 02-23-2015, 12:44 AM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Ok, let's see if I got this right.

- 91 manual wire harness
                  - 94 F22B1
                  - 91 CB chassis
                  - POA-A01 ecu

First off, is the chassis originally a manual or automatic?

Secondly, did you do the A6-11 mod?

Can you take pictures of the unplugged connectors. You should be using them all and adding a VTEC harness. That sensor to the left of the map on the throttle body sounds like the TPS. That needs to be plugged in.
                  Last edited by djcaz_aom; 02-23-2015, 07:55 AM.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                    Ok, let's see if I got this right.

- 91 manual wire harness
                    - 94 F22B1
                    - 91 CB chassis
                    - POA-A01 ecu

First off, is the chassis originally a manual or automatic?

Secondly, did you do the A6-11 mod?

Can you take pictures of the unplugged connectors. You should be using them all and adding a VTEC harness. That sensor to the left of the map on the throttle body sounds like the TPS. That needs to be plugged in.
                    To the best of my knowledge she has always been manual.

Not sure if I did the A6 to A11...if I remember correctly it was optional

Will get those pictures to you asap.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Took a couple of pictures before I had to be to class. Pictures of the sensors and connectors I have just hanging out.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Plug in that TPS sensor. She should start then.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Bad and good new...discovered my problem

Would appear the ECU is fried lol

Had a recent thread about a water leak I was having...I did not know it was this bad. It would seem that the water got to my ecu.
                          Going to go to the pick a part and search for another one...if it does not start after this...then I will splice the harness so the TPS can be plugged in as well.

Pretty sure this is my problem...I have fuel, sparks are good, fuel injectors are brand new, starter works like a dream...the car should at least sound like it is going to come on with all that...but all I can hear is the starter...off to pick a part

91' Accord Project

Comment

Originally posted by DGOfTheCentury View Post
                            Pretty sure this is my problem...I have fuel, sparks are good, fuel injectors are brand new, starter works like a dream...the car should at least sound like it is going to come on with all that...but all I can hear is the starter...off to pick a part
                            Hard to believe that you would have spark with a fried ECU.
                            Last edited by wagon-r; 02-24-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wagon-r View Post
                              Hard to believe that you would have spark with a fried ECU.
                              when i said "sparks" i was using slang for the plugs...but everyone loves a little sarcasm...

91' Accord Project

Comment

Working...
                              X