Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 crank but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Fuel pump/line issue.
    Did you check your main relay?
    All Sauders on main relay were fine...

Comment

so no fuel came out when you unbolted the line from the fuel rail and turned key to on but you can hear your fuel pump priming.. how much gas is in your tank?

Comment

Originally posted by 92LxCoupe92 View Post
        so no fuel came out when you unbolted the line from the fuel rail and turned key to on but you can hear your fuel pump priming.. how much gas is in your tank?
        exactly the first time i unbotelted anything was the fuel line that connects to fuel filter to swap it out there was pressure and a good amount of gas that came out with it put the new filter on no problems went very smooth. i can hear the fuel pump prime and when i went back to see if it was riming to filter very little came out then used my remote start to crank over from engine bay and didn't get one drop from filters 17mm hole. my gas gauge is stuck on full so I'm not sure i put twenty bucks in two days before it started acting up and went and bought two more gallons to put in after all this (any advice on gas gaude fix would be awesome)

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS IM GETTING CLOSER TO THE PROBLEM SOURCE EVEYDAY!!!!

Comment

Have you inspected the gas lines to be sure there isn't a pinched off line or leaks anywhere? That's most definitely a problem that fuel isn't making it to the engine. Twenty bones worth of gas should be enough...

Comment

From what I am reading you replaced the fuel filter and now you're not getting gas to your fuel rail. Am I understanding this correctly? If so I would check the fuel filter and make sure everything was installed correctly and make sure there are no obstructions causing no gas to fuel rail.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggyky84 View Post
              From what I am reading you replaced the fuel filter and now you're not getting gas to your fuel rail. Am I understanding this correctly? If so I would check the fuel filter and make sure everything was installed correctly and make sure there are no obstructions causing no gas to fuel rail.
              bought a fuel pressure test and i have 0 pressure during priming and crank i can hear the whine from fuel pump during priming so i know its getting power. checked fuel filter wouldn't think anything would be wrong with it, it was a very simple install and went smooth all washers in place.
              Last edited by Nomad93; 02-21-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

have you tried priming the pump with the line directly from the pump inlet side of filter?

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7 View Post
                  have you tried priming the pump with the line directly from the pump inlet side of filter?
                  yes i have just put in new fuel pump and i have gas flow now directly from that line that connects to fuel filter,i also hooked up fuel pressure test after new fuel pump install i hooked up to the outlet with a 14mm bolt on fuel rail when i took off bolt there was fuel coming out of fuel rail but when i did pressure test during priming and when engine is cranking over there was still 0 pressure and still no start with new fuel pump

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad93 View Post
                    yes i have just put in new fuel pump and i have gas flow now directly from that line that connects to fuel filter,i also hooked up fuel pressure test after new fuel pump install i hooked up to the outlet with a 14mm bolt on fuel rail when i took off bolt there was fuel coming out of fuel rail but when i did pressure test during priming and when engine is cranking over there was still 0 pressure and still no start with new fuel pump
                    You did the pressure check with the line reinstalled, correct? To check the pump, clamp off the return line from the pressure regulator on the left end (driver side) of the fuel rail, then turn the key on. You should get about 60 psi. If you do, but get zero with the return line unclamped, then your pressure regulator is bad.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Definitely bad fuel pump/and or filter.

One more check you can do to confirm engine will run is hit it with some ether (starting fluid) that will 100% rule out timing and compression issues.

Comment

Originally posted by RedTRex View Post
                        Definitely bad fuel pump/and or filter.

One more check you can do to confirm engine will run is hit it with some ether (starting fluid) that will 100% rule out timing and compression issues.

if you read any of the previous convos on the forum i started you could cancel out everything you just told me. thanks for the advice though...

Comment

hello everyone who has been helping me get through to the source of my crank and no start situation.... I HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE!!!!! i had my car towed down to work and not even two minutes of it being in the garage and being swarmed but all my fellow techs that were wondering why the hell i couldn't get it started this whole time we had it started. the IACV that plugs into the injector rail to power injectors had corrosion and was not getting any power because of this. simply cleaned corrosion plugged in and she fired right up
                          thanks for all the reply's and help!!

Comment

The IACV connector was corroded causing the injectors not to receive power? That's not logical. Sounds more like coincidence, but at least you got it started!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                              The IACV connector was corroded causing the injectors not to receive power? That's not logical. Sounds more like coincidence, but at least you got it started!
                              yeah idk man they pulled it off and pointed out problem and it seemed pretty logical to me cause it was blocking connector from a actual connection idk! just glad it started!

Comment

Working...
                              X