I am bowing out of racing CB7s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am bowing out of racing CB7s.

This has been a tough decision for me but a few weeks ago I decided that I am no longer going to race my cb7. At this point in time/my life I just don't have the time and or money to spend racing a 16 year old car that I still drive 500+ miles per week.

This year has been the first year in which I have been seriously competing in a steady class in solo competition. I have been in ST. I am nearly maxed out on the modifications I can do to the car and stay in class. I bought a set of very competitive tires (Dunlop Direzza Star Spec). I have finished in 3rd in every event this year, behind a subaru 2.5rs and a neon r/t. I have realized that it is nearly impossible to win ST with the CB7, I have driven my competitors cars and get times very, very close to theirs. At the end of the day the CB7 is just too heavy, too long, and too underpowered for ST class. I am certain that there is a class for it, however I feel that it is probably one of the prepared or modified classes which means that it would take many more modifications to compete. Which also detracts from the daily driveability of the car and costs a lot of money as well.

Daily driveablility is paramount for me at this time. I drive around 500 miles a week, and as it sits my car is bearable on streets. I am tired of the super loud ricer exhaust, dragging the midpipe on inclines and speed bumps, and the very twitchy stiff suspension when I hit nasty potholes.

With that said, I am planning on returning my suspension back to stock with new OE replacement struts, and a stock exhaust. I need to daily drive this car for at least 2 more years.

I am not withdrawing from automobile competition at this time. I have been offered a car which I can drive basically whenever I want for competition purposes. It is much more suited for competition as well.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

I hope you had (and continue to have) fun.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

yea this whole daily driving thing really sucks

Comment

What car were you offered to drive for competition???

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Since you have a lot of suspension mods already, why not just get a milder spring like the Eibach Pro Kit and appropriate shocks for them. My car is set up exactly for the reasons you mentioned why you don't like daily driving you car as it is now. No reason why a daily driver can't be fun to drive and ride well too.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
            i was going to ask that. >:|
            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

you could always get a carbon fiber hood and trunk, get rid of your back seat. get a f20b, they rev higer. lsd trans. get your koni yellows. i bet then your cb would feel alot better.

Comment

Wait, what suspension do you have? Handling well and riding poorly don't have to coincide.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
                  x3

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

good choice man, CB's are comfy, and OEM parts do good work.

Ever since I picked up my new CB, I've been hesitant to "modify" it for the same reason. I like how the suspension gives, the tires slip and the exhaust hisses. Its so 'luxury' compared to my previous pig of a car.

I'm falling for my CB all over again.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

well at least u are doing the racing in the proper place and it is totally respectable for a cb7 to win 3rd in any competition. im sure the whole community respects u for your efforts. At least u didnt destroy ur car and quit while u were ahead hehe. ( we got the same enekis ) haha CB is an awesome RELIABLE DD !!
                      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

im sad now..
                        Blake.
                        1994 Accord Part out!
                        Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                          Civic/CRX
                          Nope. Not even Japanese.

Sad to hear you won't be competing in the CB7 and giving it a good rep. But, good luck in the future with the new auto-x'er.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

neon acr?

Comment

Working...
                            X