No announcement yet.

EXT: Custom Front Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres mine.. sorry for the shitty pictures but i didnt feel like putting the car outside and taking pictures since it was cold..

but this is the 92/93 front bumper and headlights with a 90-91 grill.. i made it so it was almost perfect. can someone tell me if the 90-91 hood is different from the 92-93?

Comment

what does the release button in there look like, cuz im looking and poking at stuff to release those stupid clips, and nothins workin so any help would be awesome

1999 Honda Prelude
      Photography Site

Comment

Originally posted by shadetreecustom
        heres mine did it about a 2 years ago and didnt clear should have

i got the same thing... nice apeerance when done..

Comment

My version of a custom grille:

I actually put slots in the sides of the grille with a hacksaw blade so the the mech had a place to sit and just sandwiched it between the molding anf the frame of the grille.

Comment

dont forget the $1.25 home depte grill

the build and demise
            buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

My Accord is a 1993 SE, but my grill was out of a 90-91. I used bondo and wire mesh to get this smooth look. It will be comming out soon for a Charge Speed grill!

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

R33, your grill looks sick...i didn't really pay much attention, scrolling thru the entire thread, but how did that bondo hold up?

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                  R33, your grill looks sick...i didn't really pay much attention, scrolling thru the entire thread, but how did that bondo hold up?
                  Good, I have no problem. If you do the same, make sure you use some good bondo, no the cheap Pep boys stuff.

Comment

what grit did you guys sand with cuz that chrome is a BIATCH to get off...i've been using 60 and its a pain in the ass......bouts to try 36 or something let me know and im hand sanding as well

Comment

The chrome doesn't have to come off completely, you just need to scuff it up good for the paint/bondo to stick well.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by kings_blend
                        Aight this is how i did my grill.... the pics are kinda dark but i didnt know how to set the camera up yet soooo put on ur glasses....

1. Buy the grill off ebay if u dont have one, or use ur original one from 90-91 accords.
                        2. Sand the hell out of it, so the paint sticks real nice.
                        3. Cut out the various plastic parts in the black part of the grill so it dosnt look so ugly without any mesh and it isnt really necessary.
                        4. I filled in the space for the H emblem with bondo, put a piece of tape on the back so the bondo can lay on the tape (you can remove it later)

5. Once the bondo dries sand it down to be even with the rest of the plastic grill and clean it off with alcohol and prime it.

6. Sand as many times as you need to get any small hole or imperfections out...

Once your done sanding and perfecting your ready for the paint, you can either take it to a paint shop and they can paint it for you, which will look the best, or you can go to a paint store and get em to mix up a can of 95% matching paint and spray paint it like I did, looks pretty good except the paint chips

7. Once your done painting, usually takes about 3 or 4 nice coats, then you can put in some kind of mesh to make it look sweet....
                        heres what the finished product should look like....

Good luck and post pics if you use this if not at least give me credit for writing this lol just playin ya'll.......
                        PEACE
                        I like it. I think someone in Hong Kong liked it better though 'cause they stole your picture for their auction.

your car on ebay

Fucked up, huh?

Comment

holy shit...you've got to be kidding me....

ahahaha, i can't believe they stole your picture.

do something about it, get pissed.
                          tear em up [:

Comment

HOLY SHIT!!! $100?? god damn thats crazy....hahaha...shows that you did such a great job making your grill...lol
                            edit: i didn't know this :
                            "This grille will improve the look and the performance of your car."
                            Last edited by papychulo82; 03-28-2006, 11:17 PM.

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                            Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                            by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

yo kings blend, nice write up! I just followed your diy and it turned out great!

My 90 Accord EX
                              Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Here's another 92-93 grill.

Comment

Working...
                                X