Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just finished Final Fantasy X. X-2 might be next. Then what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just finished Final Fantasy X. X-2 might be next. Then what?

I've got PCX2 (PS2 emulator) running nearly flawlessly on my computer, which means I can FINALLY play all the PS2 games I never got around to playing when I had the console hooked up!

I just played through Final Fantasy X, which I really enjoyed. I spent too much time grinding, and powered up a handful of characters to the point that the final bosses were all taken down in a single hit each... so that was a little anticlimactic... but the game itself was a lot of fun, with a great story.
    I'm thinking of going on to X-2, though I read that it's not quite as good. It'll be interesting to continue in the same world, though!

Other than that, what worthwhile RPGs are there for the PS2? I'm hesitant to get Final Fantasy XII, because I heard it was absolutely terrible.

I'm not too familiar with the RPG offerings for the PS2, since I kinda fell out of gaming by the time I finally got my hands on one.

I'm trying to stick to PS2 titles for now, rather than reverting to SNES and PS1 games (of which I can think of MANY that I would like to play or re-play!)

I decided to give Xenosaga a try. Not usually a fan of futuristic space stuff, but I did enjoy the original Xenogears (what I played of it, anyway.) Xenosaga is made by the same guy, after he bailed on Squaresoft. Voice acting is superior to Final Fantasy, that's for sure. I'm getting the hang of it, and so far, so good.

Comment

I loved Crash Bandacoot. Other than that I played FPS's. It's not a ps2 game, but try the Fallout series. Best damn games period. There's a new one coming out this November and I can't wait.

Comment

No Fallout games were ever released for PS2, sadly.

Comment

But they are for PC!

Comment

Yeah, but I'm looking specifically for PS2 games.

Comment

Persona 3/4, kingdom hearts, and metal gear solid were the ones I enjoyed.

Comment

Do NOT play X-2. Do NOT. Try out radiata stories and star ocean til the end of time. Star ocean is futuristic-ish but it's pretty fun.

Comment

You know what game I played and beat and really enjoyed?

Zone of the enders.

Its kind of like mech warrior only airborne.

It was a lot of fun, with intuititve controls and I thought it was a beautiful game.

Same dev as MGS which im also a big fan of.

I was not a big fan of games like FF.

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
                    Do NOT play X-2. Do NOT. Try out radiata stories and star ocean til the end of time. Star ocean is futuristic-ish but it's pretty fun.
                    Is X-2 really that bad?

I played the Star Ocean game for PS1 and enjoyed it (never finished it... I'll have to go back to it once I start in on PS1 games again... after Christmas, when the fiancee gives me a Raspberry Pi )
                    I'll have to give the PS2 one a shot. Is it an independent game, or would it be better if I'm familiar with previous Star Ocean games beforehand?

I'm enjoying Xenosaga so far... though with all the cutscenes, I'm doing more watching than playing!

Comment

Did you know MGS3 had enough cut scenes that the devs put together a movie you could watch in the Limited Edition of the Subsistence special edition? I actually watched it, even though I'd beaten the game multiple times, on every difficulty - including European Extreme, where simply being seen is game over. Sad times.

I got Champions of Norrath forever ago and never got around to playing it. I remember enjoying an old OPM demo, so I grabbed it when I saw it in a pawn shop. I've been getting back into gaming lately though, so it may finally see some play time... working on Uncharted 1 & 2 right now though.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-21-2015, 11:55 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

was X-2 the singing one? If so then yes it is terrible.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

depending on your controller setup if i still had a ps2 i would be all over gran tourismo. love the shit out of that game.
                          visit vgruk

Comment

GT2 was my favorite (I still play that on occasion, and I even hacked my PSP so I can play it on there!) I really need to dig out my copy of GT4, or download one, and play that. That's probably my second favorite!
                            I do have ProjectCARS for PS4, though. It's hard as hell, but beautiful.

Comment

This is why you should have a twitch or some kinda stream channel! I'd come and watch. Since we are on the subject of PS2, I would suggest Gauntlet Dark Legacy if you like hack and slash type games. And X-2 isn't as bad as they say it is, it's only major drawback is the multiple endings, some of which, are hard to find. I need to dig in my plethora of PS2 games and see what else I should recommend.
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                              X