1060hp F22!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1060hp F22!

I figured you guys would like this video.

The Tuner Brent from PFI (from BoostedBoiz videos) tuned an F22 in a civic Wagon. Awesome video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_a5E8Gf2g
    Keep Pushing..

I think turbo90accord on here (correct me if I got the username wrong) had his F22 at 6- or 700 hp, and it was tuned by the same guy.

*Also, keep in mind that shop is at about 5,000 ft elevation.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-26-2018, 11:51 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      I think turbo90accord on here (correct me if I got the username wrong) had his F22 at 6- or 700 hp, and it was tuned by the same guy.

*Also, keep in mind that shop is at about 5,000 ft elevation.
      So that means less oxgen at the shop, and more HP at sea level, right?

Comment

Yup.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

God dam I wish I could tune!!

Comment

I think turbo90accord’s engine has been built to handle that sort of power. He just hasn’t gotten it there yet.

That level of power is just insane. I can’t imagine trying to keep it on the ground!

Comment

So how does one learn to tune like they talk about ?

Comment

Nothing beats hands-on repetition when it comes to learning and mastering anything. I suppose find a shop, become good friends with the tuner, and hang around often... like a job shadow.

Subscribing to the channel wouldn't be a bad start. Brent's been showing his tuning in a lot of his videos, and I can definitely see him giving actual instruction in the future.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-26-2018, 07:58 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

EFI school isn't a bad way to learn either, My tuner and his friend Jason ( Stoopid) learned the basics there.

Comment

Find a guy whom you think is the best at whatever you are trying to learn and volunteer to work for free in exchange of tutoring, this works but most people dont want to work for free regardless of what they will learn. I have a guy here in the city that placed 11th on pikes peak a couple years ago, if i didnt have all this damn bills i would definitely give up my time just to be around guys like that; i sporadically show up and we talk for a while, as a matter of fact he will most likely be tuning my car when i finally get to it. Last time i went by he had a RWD CRX, 2 NSX and a skyline he was getting ready for pikes peak.
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Good ideas, but there's only one tuner i know in my city and he's not very social when it comes to sharing secrets. I've read the S300 manual and read online but there's some obvious steps i'm missing and can't put the puzzle together. Assuming one had a base tune, I think one would do ....

- Start on a low HP tune and only tune the bottom half of the graph (low rpm)
                      - Aim for 14.7 A/F across the board
                      - Correct any issues which arise (ie: ran out of fuel, maxed injectors out, etc.)
                      - Then tune for high HP (high rpms)

But there's so much more in the S300 settings that needs explaining. So ya, i guess one should go to school for it. But I think experience is required here to put all the puzzle pieces together to make a good tune. Like troubleshooting a car the manual can tell you how to troubleshoot one thing but can't put the pieces together for you.

Comment

I found this when looking into the usefulness of an EGT sensor:

http://www.sdsefi.com/techegt.htm

Accord Aero-R

Comment

BoostedBoiz's version:

I didn't know nobody had taken the F22A that high, supposedly it's a world record. I would have thought Bisi went 1k with the F... guess not.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I want to know what intake manifold he has on that thing. It's either custom or a k series intake the best I can tell. You only see little glimpses of it, but it has a flat top or a flat plate across the top.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

@ 30:40 in the PFI video while they're doing a rundown of various supporting mods. Stock manifold cut in half with custom plenum, Chevy LSX throttle body - the size is mentioned at 8:38, I think he was about to say it's a 102mm throttle? If there are adapters to put an H22 IM on an F22A, then the Rosko custom upper would probably be a similar enough bolt-on option - or maybe Rosko could even make a custom upper for the F22 IM that has the removable butterfly section.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-27-2018, 10:42 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X