Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone! I'm here with some updates (about me and the forum).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
    When I moved into my house there was no door between the attached garage and house. It was the worst of both world.

Had to do some serious re-engineering of the garage roof structure but got a door in.
    I’m sorry o-o

I say this now, and would probably feel different if I was in your situation, but I just want a damn garage.

If there was no door, that means my wife wouldn’t pile crap up in there.. And the dogs couldn’t get in..

I want no door. This works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      I’m sorry o-o

I say this now, and would probably feel different if I was in your situation, but I just want a damn garage.

If there was no door, that means my wife wouldn’t pile crap up in there.. And the dogs couldn’t get in..

I want no door. This works for me.
      Not having a door stunk. If you pulled in on a rainy day, you'd have to walk back out into the rain to get into the house. On a day with heavy snow you'd need to shovel out a path to the garage to get the snowblower out.

It cost me $5,000 to have everything redone and it was worth every penny.

I keep the garage as empty as possible other than the vehicles, but I can understand how it could end up being full of junk.

Comment

The more I think, the more it sounds like a huge face palm. Sounds like the builder minored architecture on that one..

My uncle has a two car garage in the back yard, but it’s paved all the way there, and we don’t really get snow here. We got snow like 3 times in ATL and FEMA went bankrupt.

Comment

Sooo what's the average active members now? 10 ?

Comment

So I am noticing a big increase in new members. I think the 30 post min should be dropped soon. So we don’t lose them because they can’t post in other areas. Just my .02
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I agree. I’ll most likely do that this weekend.
              I’ll need to rework the info in the beginner areas, changing it from “you’re limited” to “you may want to start here”.

Comment

Glad to see some changes on the horizon.

Congrats again Deev on your recent milestones, though im sure I already congratulated you on facebook lol.

I still lurk. Don't post as much anymore as there isn't a lot of good OT stuff, and I don't own a cb anymore.

And my garage is full of house shit because we have no shed and my wife refuses to buckle down and sell/donate all the baby shit that's in there.

And with 2 kids under 5, I am quite busy so don't have much time to clean the garage out.

Oh ya and now I work for free apparently lol.

Comment

Oh and before I forget-

with regards to a cb7 server. I don't have a ton of experience running and maintaining one, but I understand the theory behind them. My neighbor and good friend does IT for the NYPD.

If you needed me to set up one in my house to help host images or whatever, he could help me get one going and this way it would be local to you Deev, and you can always get a hold of me for whatever issues, and he is always available as he just bought a new house in my town and we hang out often.

Just an idea.

Comment

Thanks Deev .. cool update ... just bought a new place myself ...
                    And props to Happy Gil for the promotion ..

I saw where Gilmore said that he's been here for 10 years now ..
                    Oiii, I don't even wanna know how long I've been here lmao .. jus call me gandpa ..

Love this place Deev .. and it is nice to see the new members ..
                    Really appreciate all of the *kokua* that this place has brought to me and others.

Met some cool people, made some great friends, and built a fun a$$ wagon!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Congrats, Deeve! My wife and I are looking at getting a house this spring, and my main stipulation is at least 2 car garage, preferably with a detached shop.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Ya, if there 's anything i can do to help IT wise too let me know. I have a 25U rack and few servers which host other domains etc.

Comment

I know this is low in the "would be nice" list, but it would be cool if people were able to register with their Google or FB accounts. It would certainly reduce some of the friction people may have when signing up for a new forum and it'd be one less login they'd have to remember.

I'm not even sure if it's feasible, but would be a great way of making it easier for people to sign up.

Funny enough, I predict that this forum will get more active in the coming years when the CB becomes closer to a collectable car (can you believe it?!?!)
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post

Funny enough, I predict that this forum will get more active in the coming years when the CB becomes closer to a collectable car (can you believe it?!?!)
                            or .. FB burns n crashes ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

A little late here, but congrats on all your success. Hope more success follows for you and all the other CB junkies here! I'm looking forward to the future of this site also. This place is amazing, keep up the great work. Congrats Happy Gilmore!

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Deev,
                                Any updates on this? Specifically the thread count for beginners.
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X