Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Third Brake light relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Brake light relocation

So iv'e been thinking about removing my third brake light and putting in an oem spoiler and havig tha as my thrid brake light but now i remembered how much i love the look of the 3rd brake light of the TL like this kinda but without it saying ACURA

anyway is there a way to make his look good and be able to run the wires nice and tucked away i thought it would make it look a bit more modern,
    does anyone have this already? if so pics please
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

does anyone have any info i am going to try this this summer but if its not possible i'd rather not waste the time
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

Comment

Well, I know that one model of the CB7 doesn't have the third brake light (maybe SE) or the rear deck, so you could swap it over, and you can probably integrate that same light, or one similar, into your headliner with some retrofitting. I think it would be pretty cool to see, IMO.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

It wouldn't be that hard to make a fiberglass housing for a third brake light up by the headliner. That would be a good way to go. Use some fiberglass mat and resin to make your own. Your rear package tray might look goofy without the brake light housing there, so maybe just leave the empty assembly there. You could just extend the wires and run them up to the headliner behind the c-pillar trim.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

I've done this twice using the third brake light from a 1998 Chevy Astro, now just a clarification these minivans have their third brake light outside on the roof but they can easily be adapted to almost any headliner as long as you have the patience to do it, I unfortunately do not have pictures of my previous cars, one was a Nissan Sentra and the other was a Mazda Protege, but I am planning on doing it with my CB7 if I can get a hold of an Astro third brake lamp before someone gets a picture up then I'll post some pics and even try to do a DIY...good luck...

UPDATE
          Oh, I just remembered I did see a universal led third brake light on ebay that might even be easier for you to adapt it to our cars, if I can get the link to it I will post it up...good luck
          Last edited by DRAGON JOEY; 12-12-2010, 07:04 PM.

.................................................. .................................................. ...
          God First, Family Second, and CB's for fun Third...

Comment

the cb9 has a high mount rear brake light

Comment

Working...
            X