Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ride comfort after rims.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride comfort after rims.

Im looking at buying 15" Enkei Gold Classics for my Arcadia Green Accord. But ive heard larger rims can mess with the speedometer, make the ride quality terrible, and rub the wheel well if the rims are too tall/wide.

Im no mechanic, so i dont know the dimensions of the car vs. the rim.

So ill post the link to the rim and ill let you guys tell me what i need to know!

Rims (not buying them from this site): http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...lModel=Enkei92

I plan on getting the 15" variant with 2" profile Yokohama tires.

I just need to know if they will fit without changing the car to badly, adjustments with the spedometer or the comfort are my main worries, but thats because im not too sure on the dangers of tires rubbing the wheel wells.

Thanks for helping!

Wheels shouldn't change your ride comfort. And you should be on 15" already unless you have a dx I believe. The thing that makes a ride suck is the struts and springs and tires.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

i drive an LX which appearently has stock 14" rims.

Comment

As long as you get 195/60/15 tires, OEM ride quality and speedometer calibration will be unaffected
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Thanks man! ill tell the guys buyin my rims and tires that so they dont mess up my baby.

Comment

you can also use 205/55/15. its a bit wider than the stock 195/60/15. if you use the 195/60 it may look a bit funny since the side wall is some what tall.
            FRIENDS
            DONT LET
            FRIENDS
            ROLL ON
            ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
              you can also use 205/55/15. its a bit wider than the stock 195/60/15. if you use the 195/60 it may look a bit funny since the side wall is some what tall.
              You do realize that 195/60R15 and 205/55R15 are about the same sidewall height, right? 0.17" difference....
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

195/55/15? or maybe a 195/50/15. I know his speedo will be off by a bit,but it might help with the look.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                  You do realize that 195/60R15 and 205/55R15 are about the same sidewall height, right? 0.17" difference....
                  yes, but it wont look so bad becuase its a bit wider
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

What messes with yoru ride comfort or speedometer is when the overall diameter of your wheel and tire is signifcantly different then that of the stock setup. If the diameter goes larger the setup spins less per mile then stock, so your speedo will read slower then your actual speed. The exact opposite if your setup is less then stock. As far as comfort, a larger wheel will tend to have a smaller sidewall (if you are trying to keep the proper diameter). THe sidewall material will tend to be stronger and thus stiffer in these low profile setups, making the ride feel a bit rougher.

Comment

Ok slow down... slightly smaller/bigger rims are not going to drastically change you'r spedometer or ruin your ride comfort... stretching the tire like a rubberband on the rim will. Low profile tire... you're going to feel a lot of the bumps on the road buddy.

$0.02
                      Last edited by tutsuo; 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM.
                      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                      den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

I didnt say a slight change would cause a big affect. If you notice I said if the change was significant, it would change your speedo one way or the other.

Comment

How wide should the tires and rims be to have them go past at least a half inch beyond the wheel well? I don't want to look flush... Would that 205/55/15 be good enough?

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                          Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
                            How wide should the tires and rims be to have them go past at least a half inch beyond the wheel well? I don't want to look flush... Would that 205/55/15 be good enough?

depends on the width and offset of the wheel. it the 92's your getting are 6in wide with +35 offset and with 205/55/15 tires, i wouldnt stick out much or at all. you may get the affect you're looking for with 7in wide and +35 offset wheels
                            FRIENDS
                            DONT LET
                            FRIENDS
                            ROLL ON
                            ROTA'S

Comment

i appreciate all the help, but since its becoming a bit dim what im looking for, ill restate it.

I need to make sure my 15" Enkei classica wont mess up my ride too much, with 2" Yokohama tires, it totals to 17", same as the current setup. I just need to make sure this rim/tire combo wont offset my spedo or ride comfort. And at worst rub the wheel well.

But from what it sounds i dont have to worry about tires rubbing. So the spedometer is my top worry.

(being only 17 i dont like burning $1100 unless i know it will work.)

Comment

Working...
                              X