Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Surface rust around rear wheel well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
    But like I said, the bondo absorbs water and keeps it interfacing with the metal causing more rust. It is better to roll with some rust on your quarters and save up to do it right the first time than to have way more rust quietly soaking in through your "fix"
    Well both quaters are under coated inside and out and I have driven the car for about 2 years like this and no rust yet....

Comment

Originally posted by G-Series View Post
      Well both quaters are under coated inside and out and I have driven the car for about 2 years like this and no rust yet....
      None that you can see...

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

not true mines a 93 and i got not a bit of rust on any part of my quater panels nor my whole car is rust free

Comment

I never had any experience dealing with rust until I owned my '89 blazer.. the two doors are notorious for rust in the quarter panel right in front of the rear wheel... bought the patch panel.. cut out the original.. tacked in the patch panel with no welding experience.. but my dad did supervise.. it's really not that hard... good luck!

the rust was so bad that there was a hole in the quarter about the size of my foot..
          92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
          2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

i have delt with this probelm alot with most of my honda"s best bet it to cut out mock up a replica and weld in man easy to do if you got the tools man best of luck..

Comment

That is far from "surface rust" ... Anything less then cutting it out and welding in new metal is temporary .

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help. I've not got the money or the tools to deal with it properly, so I'm going to save my pennies and make some friends with welding experience and do it right. Hopefully I can get it done before the end of the summer.

Thanks again!

Chris

Comment

I'm victim to this, going to see what can be done, I'll prob have to order the parts

Comment

When I bought my Accord back in 2001 both sides had been "professionally" fixed by a bodyshop by having the rust sanded and fixed with Bondo. You could see new rust bubbling all around the edges of the repair. It was fine for about the first 6 months I owned the car, then it all came back.

I ended up having two OEM quarters from a dry Arizona car welded in at all the factory locations. It was an excellent repair that also required the fab of new inner wheelhouses to weld to. I had the whole backhalf of my car repainted and while I was having that done, I added in a 92-93 trunklid and a OEM spoiler.

If my memory serves me correctly all of that work, including new 92-93 red/clear tails, the trunklid and the spoiler, ran about $2,800. I had completely perfect rear quarter panels when I was done.

Comment

81.00 shipped, cant complain there, just need to pony up and get em installed.
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/190317995481...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/t...ody/index.html

These guys used epoxy and rivets to attach the new panels. Since I don't have welding gear either, I was thinking of doing this to my car. Does anybody here have experience with this method?

Comment

Rear quarter and wheel housing rust repair. Combination of welding and 3M 08115 Auto Body Panel Adhesive.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180806
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                            Rear quarter and wheel housing rust repair. Combination of welding and 3M 08115 Auto Body Panel Adhesive.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180806
                            Very informative, thanks.

Finding a rust-free donor around here is out of the question, so I'll just buy new panels (which are pretty cheap). I'm also leaning towards the Eastwood epoxy, since it's designed for a generic caulk gun.

Comment

i just order new rear quarters for mine cant wait to get them in i hate looking at the rustt

Comment

Working...
                              X