Accrdwgnguy : 1986 Chevrolet C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
    Damn, you have alot of cars! Is that an SI in the 1st pic?
    LOL yea its my buddys Si. I have cleared out the yard some since I sold the black Accord.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
      LOL yea its my buddys Si. I have cleared out the yard some since I sold the black Accord.
      Oh! I thought the SI was yours! What happened to the black 92-93 EX alloys?
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

Boy am I having fun right now.

So the inspection shop told me the lower ball joints are wasted. Ok cool, so I pick some up. I proceed to take apart the front end, starting with the wheels. It took me at least a half hour to get one wheel off. First the lugnuts are seized on, I am lucky they didn't break the studs. I finally got all 5 lugs off, and the wheel is rusted hardcore to the hub. WTF!! I soaked it all in PB, and beat the hell out of the wheel for 20 mins until it finally popped off. Right now I am waiting for the other wheel to soak in the PB. Good times. At least I got one ball joint done, the other side should be a breeze now that I figured out exactly what to do.

I also need to replace 1 rubber body mount on the cab, which was a dealer only item of course. 15 bucks or so from the General.

I went to one junkyard in my path of destruction yesterday, found 1 door panel in blue, and some mint black seat belts. So the interior is going all black.

Well back to beating the wheel!

Comment

My first tow with it.

And my first Civic!

Comment

Sweet! thats exactly the kind of truck ive been wanting but 4x4 and hella raised XD but id be happy with a 2wd as well

you gonna put a 350 in it?
            Blake.
            1994 Accord Part out!
            Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Accord View Post
              Sweet! thats exactly the kind of truck ive been wanting but 4x4 and hella raised XD but id be happy with a 2wd as well

you gonna put a 350 in it?
              When I have the extra cash I will buy a basic 350 crate engine from GM and toss it in. $1800 out the door for a brand new 290hp/336tq engine, yes please. That'll double the power output of this old 305 and make towing REAL easy.

I like the 2wd, not really into off-roading. I may lower it just a little too, tho it is nice to not have to jack it up to change the oil lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                When I have the extra cash I will buy a basic 350 crate engine from GM and toss it in. $1800 out the door for a brand new 290hp/336tq engine, yes please. That'll double the power output of this old 305 and make towing REAL easy.

I like the 2wd, not really into off-roading. I may lower it just a little too, tho it is nice to not have to jack it up to change the oil lol.
                yeah man

back at it again

Comment

You bastard! I'm so jealous!

My dream truck is a 1986 C10 with factory two-tone blue/silver paint.

I've been on the prowl for one around here, but I'm picky (like you!) Has to be 2WD, manual, shortbed, etc.

Awesome truck!
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                    You bastard! I'm so jealous!

My dream truck is a 1986 C10 with factory two-tone blue/silver paint.

I've been on the prowl for one around here, but I'm picky (like you!) Has to be 2WD, manual, shortbed, etc.

Awesome truck!
                    hahaa I still can't believe the deal I got this rig either.

I wasn't really picky, I wasn't even looking for a truck. Then this fell in my lap and I had to get it.

My Dad also gave me a bunch of parts he had kicking around from his old 85 C10. Brand new never installed polished aluminum running boards, bug shield, and a very clean set of Hurricane wheels.I'm pumped to paint the truck and install this stuff.

The factory light blue is a beautiful color.

Someday my truck will be this clean

Comment

i like yours in the black lol
                      back at it again

Comment

Black is nice too, haha.

Here is the color combo I would LOVE to find!

Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

mmm yes that is nice too. Not so hot on the black pinstripe. I like the rally wheels as oppsed to the standard steel wheels I have. I did find factory hub caps for my wheels tho.

I'm thinking, looking at these pics, that my truck would look alot cleaner without the visor, it's loose on one side and makes an annoying scratching/wind noise. Maybe get rid of the roll bar too, it gets in the way.

Peep this, old school Hurricane wheels. Popular aftermarket wheels for these trucks back in the day.

Only ever had one set of tires mounted on them, and I do have brand new center caps for them too. Just a little etching corrosion on them.
                          Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 11-05-2009, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Dyed the dash pad black yesterday, took a few hours of prep but was worth it, this will hold me over until I can afford a new dash pad. Gotta do the kick panels black, and redo the door panels with vinyl dye. Krylon Fusion sucks, real easy to scrape off.

Comment

The transformation begins this week. The rollbar and bed rails are going away. Gonna get a nice tonneau cover. Sandblast all the rust off, weld up all the holes from stuff removed, and primer it all. There isn't any dents to be fixed amazingly, just around the door locks. Cab corners are the only rust thru. Since I am on a budget, I am just going to finish it off with PPG DP-90 black epoxy primer. It'll hold up well to the weather, just no UV resistance. I also want to find the elusive flush tailgate from an early 70's truck.

As for up front, I am picking up an OEM grill for $20 to replace the rusted out aftermarket chrome tube unit. I either want the original argent silver look or the evil blacked out look. Just can't decide. Also getting rid of the visor, the truck looks cleaner without it. Defiatly keeping the grill guard, gonna sandblast it if possible and paint it flat black.

Will post pictures as this project progresses

Then I just want factory bucket seats and console, and some Silverado interior pieces to top it off.

Comment

nice eric i cant wait to see how it's coming lol

and maybee austin willl have his k10 in the summer lol
                                back at it again

Comment

Working...
                                X