Future Mods:

RL/350z brake setup
    BC coils with custom spring rates
    Custom splitter
    Custom vented fenders
    4/6 point roll cage
    Carbon goodies
    MOAR AERO!

Hello guys! I guess my original build thread got deleted or something, so I'll just make a new one. I bought my current CB wagon (Sophia) for $450 and it was wrecked. (Old guy rear-ended someone, nothing critical) She had 174k, ice cold A/C, all the windows and sunroof worked, had the original radio, and only 1 of the factory speakers still worked. Here's a pic of her the night I picked her up....

Then within a week I had her looking like this.

I lowered it on Ground Control coilovers and KYB AGX struts (One of my favorite junkyard finds)

Then started collecting goodies

Got the front 5 lug done, and when I started on the rear I found out that wagons and coupes/sedans have different rear spindles. So the Prelude hub didn't just slide on. So I drove around like this for a little.

Then I slapped the ITR's on.

I got bored with the ITR's and traded them for a set of 06-08 SI's. I found out the hard way that they don't clear our calipers, so I had to buy spacers.

Plastidipped the SI's hot pink for breast cancer awareness month (Yes I donated as well!)

Finished up the 5 lug conversion shortly after.

Then I traded the SI's to a friend of mine for his TL wheels.

She stayed like this for quite some time. Had a problem with the head and kept blowing head gaskets. I got to the point where I couldn't cut the head anymore, so I bought another one and had it milled. Never had any problems with it since. She played pit vehicle for a while.

My friend's EG sedan broke an axle at the track, so I ended up pulling him home. Trip was about 95 miles, and Sophia did great, Once up to speed you couldn't even feel there was a car back there haha

Then I got a pair of fogs and an OEM hood bra for her

Then I decided it was time to stretch her legs a little. We have some curvy roads here that my friends and I play on all the time, but I wanted more. I registered for the next up coming autocross at Daytona International Speedway (My home track). Borrow a set of RSX Type S wheels from a friend and threw a set of Dunlop Direzza Star Specs on them. Then I bought Hawk HP Plus pads, Brembo blanks, a set of SS braided brake lines, and some high temp brake fluid. While doing the brakes I had a piston push out of a caliper at 11pm the night before the event. So I rushed back to my job, grabbed a caliper off of my parts car, and bled the system by myself, That was fun! Got it finished around 4am, got a couple hours of rest, and then headed to the track the next morning. Here's a couple pics from the event.

Yours truly

She was doing great, got my tire pressures dialed in, and was even beating a couple Camaros and Mustangs. During my 4th run I started to notice that she wasn't pulling all the way through to the redline. As I passed the finish line I put it in neutral and it shut off, so coasted back to my area. I started it back up, and I heard a knocking noise. So I came to the conclusion that she spun a rod bearing. So I called a tow truck and got her back to my job. I was on the fence as to whether I rebuilt the F or just put a H in it. I had a good F block sitting that I bought as a spare, but the car guy in me wouldn't let me just replace the block. I HAD TO UPGRADE! So she sat for a week or so while I looked for an H. It just so happened that my friend decided to part out his Prelude a couple days after. It had a fresh H22a that had been well maintained, and I even work on the car. So out of all of my options, I trusted this one. He ended up selling me the complete motor for $300 I picked it up, dismantled it, cleaned everything, and reassembled it before installing it. I started installing it around 10pm, and she was running and driving by 5am.

Can't do an engine swap without a selfie!

First ride after running for an hour or so.

View My Video

Running a stock P13 H22 ecu for now, going to get her tuned once I install a couple of my goodies.

After that I plastidipped the TL's for breast cancer awareness month, and that brings us to where we are today! Right now I'm a full time college student, so I don't have much time to play with her. The next thing on the list is to finish porting my spare intake, buy a 68mm TB, buy a different header because the RMF I have isn't A/C friendly and you need A/C in Florida! Then get a tune. I'm collecting 5 speed conversion parts at the moment.. I'm waiting to find a M2B4 or a T2T4, because I don't want to go 5 speed and have a non-LSD trans. Anyway, here's some pictures of how she currently sits. I'll keep the thread updated as I go. I also got a really good deal on a driver-side JDM 1-piece head light, so I'm on the search for a passenger headlight if someone knows of one, please PM me!

Last edited by turboHLS30; 01-24-2016, 11:35 AM.
    '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
    '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
    '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Love seeing the wagon at the track. hope to get mine to a track this spring.
    lookin good man.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
      Love seeing the wagon at the track. hope to get mine to a track this spring.
      lookin good man.
      Thanks man! I've been following your build. Excited to see your power numbers!
      '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Thanks guys! I just recently picked up a daily so I can give the wagon a break, and get a chance to go through the suspension. Hopefully soon I'll be ordering Energy Suspension bushing kit, rear sway bar, and new inner and outer tie rods. Here's a pic of the new daily, she's a '92 DX hatch, runs great, A/C, power steering, heat, decent system, and best of all it's single cam. Took $27 to fill up, and I'm at 275 miles and it just passed half tank. I love it!

I look so big compared to her! Well I am 6' 2" and 280lbs lol

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Daaaymn!

Love the wagon, and I'm secretly in love with dem Civic's too :3

My ex's sister had a wagon imported from Texas which is identical to yours.
          Like.. The original color ;b Nice ride, love your work with her so far.

Will be following this thread down the road!

Comment

If your replacing your bushings go with the prothane ploy's they make the real master kit with both front and rear bushings and mine have yet to start squeaking like you hear about the energy suspension bushings.
            CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMario88 View Post
              Daaaymn!

Love the wagon, and I'm secretly in love with dem Civic's too :3

My ex's sister had a wagon imported from Texas which is identical to yours.
              Like.. The original color ;b Nice ride, love your work with her so far.

Will be following this thread down the road!
              Thanks man! Hopefully I'll be getting this stuff soon. She's been sitting for about 2 weeks now, and I noticed a trail of oil running down my driveway from underneath it. So I have to figure that out as well. I'm pretty excited about what's to come

If your replacing your bushings go with the prothane ploy's they make the real master kit with both front and rear bushings and mine have yet to start squeaking like you hear about the energy suspension bushings.
              I'll definitely check into those. I have noticed I've only been able to find bushings for the front. I really want a COMPLETE kit.
              '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

That CB9 is dope man!
                For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Thanks man! Well guys, I sold the hatch! Almost tripled my money out of it, so I don't mind. Paid bills, paid for my books for school, bought tires for Sophia, and got her tuned. She's running great now! I have a RMF header at the welders getting repaired, and in the process of gutting a spare intake manifold. Going to try to make 180whp through the auto, then going to go 5 speed this summer Big things coming this year! There's an autocross coming up this weekend, so I might try to make it to that. Anyway, here's some recent pics of Sophia!

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Well, made it out to the track last night! First run I power braked a tad bit too hard and lit up the tires on the launch. Ended up running a 17.0 at 88mph. Second run I power braked at 2,000rpm, and it bogged on he line a little and managed a 16.3 at 88mph. On the last run I decided 2,500 was the sweet spot, and pulled a 16.2 at 87mph. So close to the 15's, and weight is fighting me. It's hurting my 60 foot pretty bad! One thing I hate about the auto trans is it tops out second gear at the quarter mile mark. On the 2nd run, I shifted to 3rd and I got the 16.3. And on the third run, I left it in second and I got the 16.2. My goal is 15.5 with the auto trans, and then shoot for mid to low 14's when I manual convert it. I'm still focused on making it a competitive autocross car, and eventually a fun road course car, but it's nice to go drag racing every once in a while haha. Still waiting on my RMF header to get back from the welder's, and then I'm going to be doing a true 2.5" exhaust, 68mm throttle body, as well as a gutted and ported intake manifold. Picking up a traction bar tomorrow *fingers crossed* so that will shed some weight as well! Then heading back to the track next Friday in search of that magical 15.5, and maybe even a 90mph trap! Here's a couple pictures from last night!

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Looks like fun, I have to wait till spring around here for the track to open up.
                      Keep us posted on your track days and upgrades.
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by turboHLS30 View Post
                        Well, made it out to the track last night!...it's nice to go drag racing every once in a while haha.

Still waiting on my RMF header to get back from the welder's, and then I'm going to be doing a true 2.5" exhaust, 68mm throttle body, as well as a gutted and ported intake manifold. Picking up a traction bar tomorrow *fingers crossed* so that will shed some weight as well! Then heading back to the track next Friday in search of that magical 15.5, and maybe even a 90mph trap!
                        Oh man! I love that drag racing enthusiasm! That setup should get you to 15.5s and beyond with the proper tires. What intake manifold are you thinking about, H plenum and runners?
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Looks like fun, I have to wait till spring around here for the track to open up.
                          Keep us posted on your track days and upgrades.
                          Will do man! I stopped by the welder's today and he was finishing up a project today, so he's getting started on my header tomorrow. It's track season year round here in Florida, as long as it's not raining haha.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                          Oh man! I love that drag racing enthusiasm! That setup should get you to 15.5s and beyond with the proper tires. What intake manifold are you thinking about, H plenum and runners?
                          Yea man, I'm ready to head back and hit that time! I personally enjoy autocross, and road racing more, but the drag strip is open every Wednesday and Friday here. It's only a 30-45 minute drive for me. I'm really excited to get back and try to get that 15.5 pass, and maybe even a 90mph trap A local Accord guy has just about everything I need to go 5 speed for stupid cheap, so I'm probably going to pick that stuff up this weekend, and start putting together my 5 speed conversion, just incase this out trans craps out. It doesn't slip or anything, and actually feels like it has a "shift kit" so to speak. For the intake I'm probably going to completely gut the runners and plenum, as well as 2 IAB plates. Then going to dyno it with 2 IAB plates, 1 IAB plate, and no IAB plate, and see which has the best power curve. I need some more power and torque down low to get this boat moving haha More to come soon! Yesterday I installed some Aerocatch hood pins because my hood scares me a tad at highway speeds, and I really like the way they look!

Don't mind my messed up bumper, it's the original bumper that came with the car from when it was wrecked :/ Once I get her running well she'll get some nice aesthetic mods!
                          '92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Not much going on with the wagon, still waiting on my RMF header to be finished Went to the track again last Wednesday and managed to pull off a 16.0xx at 89mph 7 times! Import Face-Off is coming up this weekend, and I might go and run in the bracket class. Maybe even make some money! In other news, I just recently acquired a '96 EK hatch shell. It kinda fell in my lap. My friend rear-ended someone and then bought a new shell. He swapped everything over and was going to scrap it, but I told him I'd take it. It needs a core support, but that's about it. I'm going to make it a project. I want to put a F22 in it, but we'll see what I can get my hands on!

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

UPDATE! So my friend recently had his F20B in his CD Accord spun a bearing on him, so he decided to part it out. I picked up a gutted and ported intake manifold with 68mm TB, and Type S cams from him. Scored an Innovate LC-2 complete wideband for $100, and also scored a 3" exhaust for next to nothing! One thing I learned is that EG/EK exhausts will work on an Accord with a little bit of fab work. My friend just went top mount and out the hood with his setup, so he basically gave me his old exhaust. Full stainless with a Greddy N1 muffler. Now I'm just waiting for my header to get finished and I can install the exhaust! Being that I was planning on doing this upgrades, I decided to throw it on the rollers to get a baseline of where I'm at. She made 165whp and 130wtq. Not bad for an auto H22a with an intake pipe and ebay header lol I'm shooting for 190ish and 150 torque once I get the new parts installed and get it tuned! Stay tuned!

'92 EX Wagon (Traded)

Comment

Working...
                              X