old man checkin in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hola sir.

So Cal lends itself so well to car swapping. No weather to deal with! Liking the G!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      Did you ever sell your CB?
      Not yet. Haven't really been trying, tbh
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

looks like we've both been busy with significant others. Happy for you twin brother.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Still kicking it here glad to see your doing alright. I still take a gander at your old CB from time to time. Still one of my favs.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
            sure has bud. whats new?
            Liking the G!

Moved, changed jobs, states, and getting married in a few months! So basically, not much! Haha. I miss the weather and terrain in the SW... I watch all the Youtube videos from that area and get jealous!
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

logged in just now just to see if forum is still alive lol. its been a hot minute. I moved onto volvos. dunno how just happened.
              miss my turbo cb7
              moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Im still around as always. I never really left haha.

Doing the family thing right now. My daughter will be two in two weeks.

I picked up a 13 Accord EX for my work commute.

Itching to buy a project/weekend car but just can't afford it now.

Good to see everyone is staying up!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                  Liking the G!

Moved, changed jobs, states, and getting married in a few months! So basically, not much! Haha. I miss the weather and terrain in the SW... I watch all the Youtube videos from that area and get jealous!
                  nice. where you livin now man?

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                  Hola sir.

So Cal lends itself so well to car swapping. No weather to deal with! Liking the G!
                  damn good to see you're still around. thanks brotha, i like the g too. at first it was ugly to me(particularly the tail lights) but it grew onto me. I remember your old build. shit was dope.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  Still kicking it here glad to see your doing alright. I still take a gander at your old CB from time to time. Still one of my favs.
                  Thanks man, i still have my 2008 cb calendar next to my computer. lol. Hope all is well with you.

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                  looks like we've both been busy with significant others. Happy for you twin brother.
                  brah! man we gotta chill again. next time when my girl and i get to go to norcal, i'll holla. Or if you visit sd dude.

Comment

Good to see some old faces still around here. I BARELY go on this thing. Not as religious as I used to back in the days. My passion for cars died down a little, but it's still there. I just have other priorities now like the rest of us whom gotten older.

I was 20 when I first started on cb7tuner, now I'm friggin 33! crazy how time has gone by.

Comment

The job took me to Texas into the Dallas area.

I like Dallas, but it is flat, flat, flat.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Good to see some old faces still around here. I BARELY go on this thing. Not as religious as I used to back in the days. My passion for cars died down a little, but it's still there. I just have other priorities now like the rest of us whom gotten older.

I was 20 when I first started on cb7tuner, now I'm friggin 33! crazy how time has gone by.
                        Same here, except I'm 26! Plus I live in downtown Philly now and don't have a place or much time to wrench, so I drive a stock civic every day.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Tell me about it! I was a sophmore in college, now I'm a married homeowner!

The wife and I just bought a crossover!

...I used to have a soul. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
                          Last edited by AccordWarrior; 03-03-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I feel you on the passion dying down, Jed.

I kinda feel the same way. Well... sort of. I'm still crazy about cars, but not so crazy about modifying as I once was. When I got into my CB7, I was all about making my slow car faster. Now, brand new cars are obscenely fast. Inexpensive brand new cars, even! The used market is already getting a decent amount of low-priced performance cars that are worth buying. To me, it seems silly to spend $10,000 building a reliable 400hp 25-year-old Honda when I can simply go out and spend that money on a bone-stock Mustang. Or a GTO. Or an M3. Or an STi.

Old cars are more appealing to me as restoration projects now. If I went to a CB7tuner meet and saw 50 modified cars and one pristine bone-stock car, it's that one stock car that would set me to drooling!

I'm hoping to get myself into a nicer house with a nice garage in the next few years. I also plan to be in a decent job with a stable schedule and acceptable paycheck. I think then I'll get back into wrenching... probably restoring something cool, building a kit car (Factory Five Racing has plenty of appealing stuff), or simply buying something irresponsibly fun and keeping it running (like a 996, or maybe an old imported TVR.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I feel you on the passion dying down, Jed.

I kinda feel the same way. Well... sort of. I'm still crazy about cars, but not so crazy about modifying as I once was. When I got into my CB7, I was all about making my slow car faster. Now, brand new cars are obscenely fast. Inexpensive brand new cars, even! The used market is already getting a decent amount of low-priced performance cars that are worth buying. To me, it seems silly to spend $10,000 building a reliable 400hp 25-year-old Honda when I can simply go out and spend that money on a bone-stock Mustang. Or a GTO. Or an M3. Or an STi.

Old cars are more appealing to me as restoration projects now. If I went to a CB7tuner meet and saw 50 modified cars and one pristine bone-stock car, it's that one stock car that would set me to drooling!

I'm hoping to get myself into a nicer house with a nice garage in the next few years. I also plan to be in a decent job with a stable schedule and acceptable paycheck. I think then I'll get back into wrenching... probably restoring something cool, building a kit car (Factory Five Racing has plenty of appealing stuff), or simply buying something irresponsibly fun and keeping it running (like a 996, or maybe an old imported TVR.)
                              I'm still crazy about cars also, but i dont have that "i have to have that part" mentality like i used to. When I bought my infiniti, i thought of buying a car that was age appropriate, I can take on dates, comes decently fast stock, and not much to do to keep me happy. I've only lowered my car and upgraded my front bumper and side skirts. It's been like that for nearly a year now. lol. The cars that i couldnt afford back then, i can afford now especially in the used car market.

But likewise, on the garage. When that day comes when i become a home owner have a garage, I'm sure I'd spend more time with my hobby again.

as for now, if i wanna go fast and nearly kill myself, i have my crotch rocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X