No announcement yet.

Bisimoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gah. i wish i still had that picture of the shipping container with the manifest packed full of bisi's "custom" made headers. Funny that PLM or whomever kept the dimensions and now clones saturate the market. Id give money to frigging Yonaka before Bisi.

Comment

Or just buy the PLM... I’d buy an eBay brand manifold with an a4 downpipe/2.5” collector before I bought Bisi on principle alone for what happened in the past.

On the off topic, my wife memorized basic parts of a gasoline engine from me drawing it on a napkin while drinking at a bar one night!

Blew my face off with how she’s capable of retaining things I tell her once. One night I was babbling on about the SBC build I was wanting to do, and she was like “yeah the block contains the rotating assembly which is the crank, rods, and pistons - and the head is separate usually with the camshaft, and valvetrain assembly, but the one you’re doing the cam is in the block.”

Needless to say, she got the D that night. And the amount of arguments I’ve won can be counted on my hands xD. If they care about you, they pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Needless to say, she got the D that night. And the amount of arguments I’ve won can be counted on my hands xD. If they care about you, they pay attention.

I laughed my ass off at this comment. MARRIAGE win.

Now if I could get my girlfriend to be interested in what I babble on about she just looks at me and nods..
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I met my wife online. In her first email to me, she asked which Top Gear presenter I most closely resembled (anyone wanna venture a guess?) She also drove a supercharged Mini with multi-piece BBS wheels. Manual only. She turns her nose up at automatic. She taught herself how to heel-toe.
          She’s not quite a gear head, but she understands enough. She’s also come through in a pinch a number of times when I needed a hand with my cars (helped with the miata’s Top, the Fit’s alternator...)

Keeper.

And I’m staying out of the Bisi discussion. My feelings are well known, and echoed here quite accurately already! I’ll give the man credit as an engineer and racer, but that’s it. He’s too willing to mislead and defraud his customers, and his “my shit don’t stink” attitude is offensive. As good ‘ol Gump said, “that’s all
          I have to say about that.”

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I met my wife online. In her first email to me, she asked which Top Gear presenter I most closely resembled (anyone wanna venture a guess?)
            I'll say James May given the Cadillac, also because Clarkson nor Hammond would own the Caddy plus a Miata.
            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Precisely!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                Then what's incredibly deceptive is the order sheet for the header and having each prospective owner paying $1000 believe that their header would be a bespoke design based on the variables they outlined on an order sheet. Presumably, someone with a stock cam and pistons would receive a different header than someone else with a wild cam, high compression pistons an headwork. Nope. Same thing.
                I state this as someone who was years past owning an Accord when the Bisi products came out, but as a layman what I never understood is why these "custom made, $1,000 headers" were still not a bolt on design. The Accord dimensions were well known at that point with many companies making products. They should have been bolt-on at that price-point.

But what do I know, I'm just a lowly peon.

Comment

Richard did the NC Miata review and loved it. Plus, he's secretly American and would totally go for the CTS-V muscle car. I think James would criticize the Caddy for its cheap take on luxury, at least from that period, as well as its Nurburgring-tuned suspension.

And a stock exhaust would bottleneck a real performance header, making it a complete waste, so why would you expect one of any brand to bolt right up? They're race headers, and race exhaust systems are typically custom.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-16-2018, 05:24 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I dug up the original group buy thread.
                    The header Bisi sold was marketed as a “street version”, compatible with PS and AC.
                    I agree that there’s no good reason that “street version” shouldn’t have been made to bolt up to an exhaust. Especially if it was a custom piece (which was absolute hooey.)
                    The slip joint was cheap, and allowed for a greater lack of precision. If it didn’t line up exactly, it flexed a bit.

And I’ve also criticized my cadillac’s interior.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      Richard did the NC Miata review and loved it. Plus, he's secretly American and would totally go for the CTS-V muscle car. I think James would criticize the Caddy for its cheap take on luxury, at least from that period, as well as its Nurburgring-tuned suspension.
                      He loved that challenger and Jeremy loved both the ZR1 and GT but if you recall there was a episode where they made fun of the CTSV for the non burnout and what was already mentioned. Anyways only I guessed and whatever method I used I got it right so I get Deeve cool points.
                      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I think my RMF prototype header is far better than Bisi's header. Quality of the welds is pretty damn good. I think mine was a prototype version due to the tag missing from the middle exhaust ports. I found it on a local Honda tuning site in AZ back in 2014. But every so often the header to DP gasket blows which is annoying. And I had to shave a LOT of the power steering bracket away to make it fit with a 4.5" angle grinder so it wasn't really for a "street" application but its in there with a full compliment of accessories (AC PS Alt in original spots)

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I'm not surprised that gasket blows; those flanges don't look even. And is the end flange cracked? It looks super thin, too.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

According to Bisi, Randy of RMF used to be his fabricator, and his famous RMF H22A header is just a stolen Bisimoto prototype.

Comment

Want to know the man Bisi? Watch the first episode of the Netflix show "Fastest Car". What a tool.

Friend of mine bought one of the first Bisi headers. At full retail. It was still a leaky turd. Looked nice tho.

The guy knew his target audience were not hardcore track day guys, "oh this is a race part leaks are expected" is a piss poor excuse. Just a crappy design. Fully weld the merge and put a flange after the merge, like posted above, were my suggestions to my friend.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Losiracer2, that is a good looking header there.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X