Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in a calendar this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone interested in a calendar this year?

EDIT: The calendar has been completed!
    Get yours here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=205592

Thanks to all those that have contributed. For those that didn't make it, feel free to submit again next year! I'll be starting things sooner next year, and I'm going to make a very detailed writeup showing exactly what I'm looking for, and how it is to be done. Let's make the best CB7tuner.com calendar ever next year!
    If you didn't make the calendar, and you don't know why, feel free to shoot me a message. I'll tell you exactly why you weren't picked. I don't mean to insult anyone, and every picture submitted this year had potential. Some pictures just didn't work as well as the ones I chose.

Last year, I couldn't even get enough submissions to make a calendar. I'm not talking just valid submissions... I didn't even get 13 submissions total, including the fuzzy, out of focus pictures of rusted cars in the Arby's parking lots.

I'm going to set aside the usual requirements. I don't care. Just send me something.
    Here's the short list:
    Send me the highest resolution pictures you can. Good smartphone pics will probably work just fine.
    Make sure the picture is appealing, background included (especially if your car isn't exactly the most beautiful thing on 4 wheels... a nice background can make an average car look great.)
    Close your windows, get the whole car in the shot, and try not to highlight any rust or damage.
    Try not to have any other cars or people in the shot.

If you do any processing (photoshop, etc...), try not to overdo it. Clean it up, if you want. Make it look nice. Just don't make it look like it was taken by a 13 year old girl on Instagram.

This part is important!
    Send me ONE picture. Just one.
    Title your email like this: Screen name - City, State, Country
    (that is important, because I will be cutting and pasting it... so format it exactly as you want it to appear on the calendar!)
    Don't say anything else in the title. I'll know what it's for.

CB7s ONLY. I'm not going to do an OA calendar this year.

Got it? Good.
    Now email me your pictures at deevergote@comcast.net

I am interested.

question. I don't really know how to send pictures by email. I guess sending you a picture by facebook is out of the question? I'll include everything you said as info

Comment

I believe Facebook resizes. If it's too small, it'll appear all pixelated when printed.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I believe Facebook resizes. If it's too small, it'll appear all pixelated when printed.
        oh i see. So if I email a picture directly from my phone to you, would it achieve the desired results you look for or will it be pixelated?

( sending picture by email through laptop/computer is whats confusing.

Comment

Should work through the phone.
          On a computer, you just have to go to "attach file". Or if you're using gmail, you can just drag and drop the file.

Comment

So deevergote, would a clean motor shot be better, or a shot not highlighting the rust be more desirable?
            CB7TUNER.com
            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Definitely always interested in a CB7 calender, with my Canon 40D, I can get pictures way better than I ever could before.
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

is there a deadline you wanted to shoot for?
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Haha, you are going to love what I sent you, typical me!
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I'm not sending a pic of my car but sure hope to have it nice enough this time next year to get in on this if your still doing it next year.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

I take it cafepress won't be used again.

Comment

Nope. Not much else I can say.

Comment

Are last year's submittals still being considered for the 2015 calendar, or do we need to resubmit? I still own all the Accords in last year's photos (and they don't look substantially different, except a wrinkled fender on the 93 EX sedan).
                          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-29-2014, 11:47 PM.
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Im interested big time
                            visit vgruk

Comment

sorry if it sends wrong. by Iphone it sends as a Text message to the email.

if it isn't how you want, I'll see if I can ask my sister for help.

edit : for those interested, don't forget to submit a picture as that's what he mainly needs. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X