No announcement yet.

H22 Swap Running Weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the guy said up there^ if the tps has the little yellow paint spots on the screws holding it on then it is already factory pre set.

I've actually only pulled the car into the garage after pushing it out. That's the only time I've drove it. But now that I think of it.. yesterday when I let it sit and idle for awhile it did start sounding close to right after it got to normal running temp.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
    "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
      Like the guy said up there^ if the tps has the little yellow paint spots on the screws holding it on then it is already factory pre set.

I've actually only pulled the car into the garage after pushing it out. That's the only time I've drove it. But now that I think of it.. yesterday when I let it sit and idle for awhile it did start sounding close to right after it got to normal running temp.
      Sounds like we are having the same problem. I was told it was my ecu, but its a fairly new swap and the car ran fine the 1st day I did the swap then it started doing this shit.

Comment

Did you use the F22 front water neck with the coolant temp sensor on it? Can't tell from your pics. the JDM H22 water neck has a blank sopt where that sensor would be
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Did you use the F22 front water neck with the coolant temp sensor on it? Can't tell from your pics. the JDM H22 water neck has a blank sopt where that sensor would be
          Are you talking about where the top radiator hose goes into the motor? If so, I'm using the H22 one. and I seen that blank spot yesterday and wondered about it.

I put the gaskets on the header and downpipe and bolted them up tight. I have a nickel size hole in my resonator though and it's leaking exhaust pretty bad so I'm gonna get some exhaust tape for it.

You have to use the F22 alternator don't you? Cause I just plugged up the H22 alternator that came on the new motor and it is NOT charging the battery what so ever lol.
          I sold the alternator off my old H22 without even thinkin. So I guess I'll have to run to the junkyard and get an F22 alternator.

It still kinda sounds funny... but I think it may sound normal after I use a timing light and adjust the alternator right AND get that exhaust leak fixed from the resonator.

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

I really can't figure out what is wrong.
            I took it around the block for the first time... It sounded terrible and didn't have much power AND I tried to get on it a little bit just to see if it would do it and when I hit about 4500rpm it kind of stalled or something. Like it wouldn't go past that. It made the whole car jump.

I need help. Bad...

Comment

Would it help if I posted a video of it doing what I'm talking about? It sounds terrible though. It sounds very unhealthy.

Comment

how are the injectors? Are they all functioning correctly? no blockage in fuel? What about the fuel filter and the Catalytic converter? are those in good shape?

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

sounds like a fuel problem

Comment

is this your first H swap you have ever done?

just curious, did you use the accord f22 FPR or the H22 FRP.

you should go back and set your tps anyways if you haven't. just cause there is paint on it doesn't mean I hasn't been moved by force or vibration.make sure its at the right voltage. when I swapped in my h22 it ran great at least I thought but adjusting the voltage made a huge improvement.

you should check to make sure your fuel line nut is tightened right and your fuel rail is buttoned down right aswell. and it would hurt to double check to make sure all your wires (sparkplugwires&sparkplugs) are pushed down and click when placing them back and no cracked wires.

might seem like alot of dum stuff to check but I caught and fixed of my brother inlaws problems on his f22b prelude cause he over looked it on accident.

Marry Jane

Comment

deff check ur lines, cus my friends havin the same issue and wwe cant figure out the problem, are u 100% sure its not timming, because wen me and my boi did a swap, and timmed the motor, it looked perfect but wouldnt run rite, had to retime it like 3 more till i got it ritee, let me noe if u figure anything out.... thanx

91 ex coupe-daily
                      91 2.0si (cb6)original RHD-project
                      R.I.P sedan.... will be missed

Comment

I'm thinkin it is the timing. I'll let you guys know when I figure anything out.

Comment

Tear open ya ecu, could of blew it.
                          93 ex coupe

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164698

Comment

Possibility. I'm about to post a video of driving it around the block after I just put new spark plugs in it. It runs better but still sounds kinda weird/wrong. I made sure the plugs were gapped right also.

Comment

Check the video out!

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                                X