Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fixing the front end of my Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixing the front end of my Accord

This is my first post on this site so here we go. I am currently fixing up my 1992 Accord LX. I have it running good but it needs some cosmetic help. The previous owner got in an accident on the front drivers side and all the body panels are screwed up over there. It was repaired with a grill and one headlight from a 1991 Accord, so nothing is correct up front. I just ordered new lights, a new grill and a new bumper. Anyway, the radiator support is bent just enough to mis-align the panels up front. There is a half to three quarter inch gap between the driver side headlight and the hood. Does anyone know of a way to reduce this gap without replacing the radiator support?
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Post some pictures so we can better assess the damage. I had a minor front end accident in my 90; I used a come along to pull the radiator support (where it meets the headlight support) forward.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
      This is my first post on this site so here we go. I am currently fixing up my 1992 Accord LX. I have it running good but it needs some cosmetic help. The previous owner got in an accident on the front drivers side and all the body panels are screwed up over there. It was repaired with a grill and one headlight from a 1991 Accord, so nothing is correct up front. I just ordered new lights, a new grill and a new bumper. Anyway, the radiator support is bent just enough to mis-align the panels up front. There is a half to three quarter inch gap between the driver side headlight and the hood. Does anyone know of a way to reduce this gap without replacing the radiator support?
      Welcome to the site.

You really have two options, replace the bent/damaged parts or re-bend them into their approximate normal shape. This isn't ideal but on something like the radiator support you might be able to do a passable job if you have access to a vice and a selection of BFH's (big F-in hammers). honestly your best bet IS to replace it since re-bending metal work hardens it and you probably won't be able to get it perfect anyways. I'd double check the actual body "frame" and see that it wasn't also knocked out of alignment.

Comment

Here are some photos. I hope I'm uploading these right...
        [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by Rat; 08-12-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

How should I go about checking the frame?

Comment

You need to re-host your images because P-Bucket won't allow us to see it. Anyways..back about 3 years ago I had a front end collision with my old sedan. I ended up replacing the full core support and actually got it as a brand new unit from Honda.

As far as the extent of the damage..the only way to know is if you bring it to a shop and they can do a once over on it.

Mine was something like this:

So to cut down the labor time I took apart down to this:

After a week in a shop at the dealership I worked at it came out like:

So depending on how bad it is so long as the frame isn't bent it should be able to get fixed.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ill reup in a bit, i call my car the curse due to to it constantly trying to either kill me or simple things being major things. Im looking at another 92 today. Either way I am still going to try to fix the front end of the curse.

Comment

Reup.

Comment

Working...
                X