Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil in spark plug hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the last time i did my valve cover gasket i wondered what those other seals were. i got an aftermarket set from Advance with no instructions. i guess before i replace the lower seals i have to get my hands on a set of feeler gauges and a torque wrench to stop the leaking in 2 of my spark plug holes. this thread has been very informative for when i do this job though.
    Last edited by Honda_Lady; 09-22-2011, 10:40 AM.
    1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
    1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
    1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
    1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Ok I got it. It wasn't lining up cause the springs pushed the entire assembly out. Had to take entire rocker arm apart and put back together one screw at a time. Once I did this it fit like a glove. Bolted it down (no torque wrench) center to out. Put upper seals, valve gasket was hard to keep on as I turned it over. New ngk plugs, runs good. Didn't adjust valves don't know how and limited tools, will this be ok?

First time inside engine, once I figured it out it was pretty simple, yea go me!!! Lol

Comment

messing with parts inside the engine, you really need to have them torqued down and with you having to mess so much with the adjustment of those valves you may have more problems and cause damage without adjusting them back to where they need to be. adjusting them was explained in one of those links one of the other guys gave you. you need a set of feeler gauges and then measuring the distance you adjust the valves accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
          Your upper seals should come with the valve cover gasket set, but the lowers will not an the lowers are underneath the rocker assembly.
          Originally posted by jaemil369 View Post
          Thanks for all the replies, but can someone tell me how to distinguish between the upper and lower seals which is bad? How do I check this? Do i have to remove everything and just get to the lower seal to know or is there a way to check whIch is bad before doing that?
          they usually do come with the gasket set. ive gotten the set from auto zone and they have came with both upper and lower.

and jaemil... its best to just go ahead and replace both while you got it opened.
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
            they usually do come with the gasket set. ive gotten the set from auto zone and they have came with both upper and lower.

and jaemil... its best to just go ahead and replace both while you got it opened.
            the set i bought came with both upper and lower too but since i am so new to Honda's i didn't know what the others were for and now i know i didn't have the right tools to do the lowers in the first place

he did replace both of them and didn't torque it down or adjust the valves when he put it back together.

Comment

Correct, I will be adjusting valves tomorrow as I have a friend coming to help. As far as torquing them, Idk cause I don't have access to one. Hope me and my socket set will be sufficient as far as the torquing. Thanks to everyone on there replies and information.

Comment

just replace all the seals and mine as well valve cover gasket too
                93 Cb7 Ex Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by jaemil369 View Post
                  Ok I got it. It wasn't lining up cause the springs pushed the entire assembly out. Had to take entire rocker arm apart and put back together one screw at a time. Once I did this it fit like a glove. Bolted it down (no torque wrench) center to out. Put upper seals, valve gasket was hard to keep on as I turned it over. New ngk plugs, runs good. Didn't adjust valves don't know how and limited tools, will this be ok?

First time inside engine, once I figured it out it was pretty simple, yea go me!!! Lol
                  Now you know, no excuses, and all you need is a 10mm socket and wrench, and a flat head screwdriver, oh yeah some feeler gauges.
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                  X