Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 CB7 Shaking When I Brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 CB7 Shaking When I Brake

I have a problem with my steering wheel shaking when I go to stop. Worse at higher speeds. Replaced the rotors, pads, wheel bearings, tie-rods, upper control arms and ball joints and sway bar end links. Do you think these Napa rotors could be the cause of the shaking? Not much else to replace.
    Thanks

Do a runout test.
    wat?

Comment

Sounds like you need those new rotors turned.Very common to get warped new rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by pebojelly View Post
        Sounds like you need those new rotors turned.Very common to get warped new rotors.
        I've never heard that. I don't think it would be common place to sell a broken part.

I'd say replace them or turn them.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xIUAMl-oRQ

BAM DUDE! i used this diy to replace my front brake rotors.. No more shaky braking.

Comment

Have you checked the actual brake caliper? It could be that the piston is not compresing all the way and it could cause the brakes to grip more on one side and could cause it to shake. How about your tires and rims are you rims bent anywhere and are your tires evenly wearing out check the tire tread and see if it's even on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakersfan24 View Post
              Have you checked the actual brake caliper? It could be that the piston is not compresing all the way and it could cause the brakes to grip more on one side and could cause it to shake. How about your tires and rims are you rims bent anywhere and are your tires evenly wearing out check the tire tread and see if it's even on both sides.
              My rims are not bent. Checked that also. Plus has new winter tires on the car. I have heard of Napa selling bent rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post

BAM DUDE! i used this diy to replace my front brake rotors.. No more shaky braking.

That has to be one of the coolest ways to separate the hub from the rotor. Never seen it done like that. I used a hub puller when I did my rotors. Thanks for the link. I learned something new today. Does that mean I can go home now...lol

Comment

Yeah if you used a puller you maay have distroyed the bearings, that willl give you a vibration.
                  wat?

Comment

Defective Rotor. Even though it brand new.

Bring the rotor back and get a replacement. Try not to get a beat up box

This happen on my corolla.

Comment

yea there probably not parellel

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post

This is the BEST youtube video ever! Next time I need rotors my laptop is going to the garage with me.

93blackcb7: If they're not parallel, then he needs an alignment
                        MRT
                        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

If the rotors are refundable then get them replaced... Brembo blanks are what I have on mine and are great... if you get the chance to swap out to a set of them, do it... great value for price...
                          Last edited by 604CB7; 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Buy some new rotors and that should fix the problem

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

wheel bering

Comment

Working...
                              X