Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 coupe from FTW Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 coupe from FTW Texas

Hey guys i joined here a while back but havent been on much. To introduce my self I am Jose from Fort worth Texas. been a cb7 fan for quite a while but not been around much as i wouldve wanted. as you know life takes its toll and its not always easy to just pick u where you left off. to begin my journey my first cb was a 1993 accord dx. first owned by my older brother who just happened to take the car for a water pump job to a faulty mechanic. whom did probably the worst job i have seen... with that being said. since his means were to junk the car i asked if i could have, and thats how i became the owner of my first cb. which did not last long. after getting the timing done by another technician, the block ended up being bad at the last minute and thats where we parted ways.

After that came my 1991 Lx. which i bought from a body shop and well the body was in mint condition. but the heart and soul under the hood was not kept properly. unfortunate to say i bought for my birthday and lasted me 3 days on the road... after being short on money and not being a skillful mechanic as i wouldve wanted i proceeded to take it to a local honda technician. whom did 2 head swaps for me and well. I shouldve done my research. not his fault the parts i bought were not specifically made for what i wanted. finally got it running and well it was fine for a while. untill like my other cb the block ended up seizing coming back from work. I struggled for months thinking about a swap and well h series were not as accesible as they are now a days. After a long winter i came accross a CL ad about a f23vtec. yes i had done some research on this but was sceptic on doin on my own. Fortunately a friend of mine was a tad bit more experience on swaping axles and manifolds, for this we agreed to take it upon ourselfs to get this done. him being more experienced with civics announced to me that it will not be easy but its managable. It actually took us almost a whole week just to take out the original engine. Since we were labeling everything and making sure we knew were everything went after a 2 week process the newly low miles engine was in. Then she would not budge to fit the old harness into what we thought a manifold swap would do ended up being a longer story than what we had expected. Finally we decided to take this rolling shell at this point to the same honda tech i had used before whom acknoledged the problem and helped solve. Ended up being a harness and manifold trouble. finally got her up and running, and im going to admit i loved popping vtec all day. Couldnt wait to get off work just to drive her around all night being young and dumb. which led to the catastrophic crash which took place exactly a week after 2 years of having her. Dissapointed and stressed i actually sold her to a local honda enthusiast who get her up and running and is now in a better place.

2 years passed and out of the cblife i came accross a buddy of mine whose mom owned a 1992 accord coupe ex model 5 speed. Excited that she was selling for cheap i jumped at the offer not realizing what was under hiding under the sweets and charms. Apparently a few weeks before i purchased this beauty for 600 bucks one of her sons had blown the engine. not knowing it was a simple headgasket i tore the engine apart and there is where my build started

here she is. not how i purchased actually black housed headlight and got installed corners from my old cb

A couple of months passed as I decided what to do with the new jdm engine corps accross town, thought of saving for a f20b. Actually purchased a KSport timing tensioner to motivate me.. which it didnt it only sat under my windshield for months just fading away the packages ink. Yet that build never took off. Came to the conclusion of what is the point on buying a new stronger engine if in the long terms it will give me trouble and I am going to have no idea on how to fix and much less the resources to do so. So I buying parts to rebuild a stock f22a1 with a6 components and internals. Basically took the whole engine apart having no experience at even swaping a head yet a timing belt. Came accross acouple of manifold swaps and clutch and flywheels oil changes brakes. Well all the basics of maintenance but never something this complex or so i thought. I found its easier to live in the darkness than to fight your way to the light. I'm definitely not saying it was easy but man with some research, and youtube videos anything is possible.

heres a pic of the engine sitting next to my cb weeks before installation. since I approach this by myself and had no help didnt get the time nor patience to take pictures of the process.

Finally assembled the transmission and engine together

and In she goes

its getting kind of late so i will update more tomorrow.

StraightAs jamz720
    HTTPS://youtu.be/sJA1_TQ-WVY

Welcome to the site! Sounds like a bargain, I wish I could find a few like that here in Ohio. I suggest that you change the color of the type in your post, it is virtually impossible to read the small text (my eyes may have something to do with it).
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thank you sir i definitely will keep that in mind.

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

Welcome to the site buddy. Sorry to hear about your luck with cb7's, but I'm glad you stuck with it and got this one up and running.

Comment

Nice job, coupe looks clean. Does that coupe have maroone interior?

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Hey man looks like a pretty solid start to the new one after all that hard luck in the old one. I just picked up my first cb7 a few months back down here in Austin. Gotta show some Texas love

Comment

Thaks guys yes shes not the best but she will get there.

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

BTW that is a 85 maxima flush mount spoiler. got lucky on that find at a local yard

found this at a yard as welll

thats how she sits now. the rims are off becausee no tires..

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

BTW that is a 85 maxima flush mount spoiler. got lucky on that find at a local yard

found this at a yard as welll

thats how she sits now. the rims are off becausee no tires..

and yes it does have burgundy interior well you know how it is. one does not just buy burgundy interior.. it grows on you. lol

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

updates

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

your luck with accord's sounds like mine lol. Started with a 91. Transmission went out. Then got a 93 guy said it was the distributor and it wasn't some how the cam was broke in half. Had a 89 hatch back accord God I loved that car. Let a dude live with me to help him out and I caught him stealing. Kicked him out and some how all of a sudden I had pin holes in my fuel line and had a huge fire. Then a 92 coupe and what a turd it was a impose buy. Now I have my 90 traded my wagovan for it on the first. Made a four hour drive to trade the guy and I drove it for a hour and the motor blew a rod thru the motor. So now I'm finely taking on replacing the motor in it. First time for a accord for me. I've done tons in civics
                        1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

car looks good on tl wheels. ive been thinking about taking them off my cls6 and putting them on my coupe.
                          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb View Post
                            your luck with accord's sounds like mine lol. Started with a 91. Transmission went out. Then got a 93 guy said it was the distributor and it wasn't some how the cam was broke in half. Had a 89 hatch back accord God I loved that car. Let a dude live with me to help him out and I caught him stealing. Kicked him out and some how all of a sudden I had pin holes in my fuel line and had a huge fire. Then a 92 coupe and what a turd it was a impose buy. Now I have my 90 traded my wagovan for it on the first. Made a four hour drive to trade the guy and I drove it for a hour and the motor blew a rod thru the motor. So now I'm finely taking on replacing the motor in it. First time for a accord for me. I've done tons in civics

Awe man yea youve had your share of cb hickups. Hopefully this one worls out better

Btw f series swaps motor replecng is not top far from a ls or a gsr to a h22. In comparison i mean

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                              car looks good on tl wheels. ive been thinking about taking them off my cls6 and putting them on my coupe.
                              Its totally worth it man. Makes ppeople wonder and ask. You have np idea how man thumbs up ive gotten while driving.

Cls6 are peefect fitment. Im looking for a polished set for now cause the TL wheels have alot of curve checks and rashes on them. Reall want to clean them up and repaint soon.

StraightAs jamz720

Comment

Working...
                              X