Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Broken H22 trans case; Will the f22 case fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken H22 trans case; Will the f22 case fit?

I tried searching, but had no luck. all i can seem to come across is that the f22 trans fits the h22, which i already knew, And google isnt doing it for me..

If there's a better place for this question, please relocate.

Heres my issue; Last week when i wrecked, the only damage to the engine or trans, was that a small corner of the transmission case broke off where the mount bolts up. I know someone who can weld aluminum, but its not cheap.
    So im wondering before i start on it, Can the outer casing from the f22a transmission fit onto the h22 trans? If so, Im about $300 ahead (price to get it welded)

300$ ???
    I'm in the wrong business. Did you check part numbers for bearings? That will give you a clue to see if the shaft fits.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Manual or automatic? I know the two Accord you bought are autos, but it wasn't clear what is currently in the car.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        Manual or automatic? I know the two Accord you bought are autos, but it wasn't clear what is currently in the car.
        Currently, its a 93 jdm h22a, bone stock, 48k, with an m2a4 5speed, freshly rebuilt with a synchrotech carbon kit, and all oem bearings. Trans has about $400 in parts, plus 450$ in labor cost, on top of the 2500$ engine/trans package.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          300$ ???
          I'm in the wrong business. Did you check part numbers for bearings? That will give you a clue to see if the shaft fits.
          Yeah same here.. lol. From what im told, cast aluminum is very difficult to weld, but the price comes with a guarantee, if it breaks loose,he said he'll either do it again for free, or replace the trans. And no, i didnt..but ghats a really good idea,. I never would've thought about that honestly..

Comment

Bump. Anyone?

Comment

Working...
            X