No announcement yet.

CB7tuner.com branded product ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be all over a sun shade. I really don't like the one I have now but these 100 degree days are killer.

Comment

I figure our southern members would probably want one! Up here, rust is what ruins CB7s. In the hot, sunny areas, it's the sun that trashes the upholstery and dashboard (and paint... but hey, two outta three ain't bad!)

Comment

A light colored dash cover with a CB7Tuner logo on it?
        That helps alot with heat
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I'm thinking either a light color or that silver/mylar stuff with just the CB7 outline and CB7tuner logo (like the decals). That would likely cut some cost in terms of printing, and it would be more effective in the heat than a black one (which was my initial idea... but you have a point that light is better!)

Comment

I'm in for a sunshade. Preferably a form fitted one though. I hate how the generic ones never fit correctly.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Surprisingly, WeatherTech seems to have a CB-specific part number available in black or silver for about $60 that you could make a flexible decal for. Granted, at that point, you may as well just sell a new decal design so we can stick it to a shade we purchase ourselves... which many people may end up buying to stick to their rear-facing windows or wagon side windows instead.

http://www.weathertech.com/honda/1992/accord/techshade/ (punching that part number into Jegs, Summit, etc brings up CB-only fitment)

Not sure how easy it would be to just purchase a WT shade, print a logo on there, and sell them on a made-to-order basis. And would doing it that way bring up legal issues with whoever you buy the blank shade from?

*ED. - read the color thing wrong. No color options on the WT shade; use the silver side out for hot weather, and the black side out for cold weather, I guess. I wonder if that black side actually helps at least with windshield defrosting, that sounds like a pretty cool idea.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-09-2017, 10:19 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                Surprisingly, WeatherTech seems to have a CB-specific part number available in black or silver for about $60 that you could make a flexible decal for. Granted, at that point, you may as well just sell a new decal design so we can stick it to a shade we purchase ourselves... which many people may end up buying to stick to their rear-facing windows or wagon side windows instead.

http://www.weathertech.com/honda/1992/accord/techshade/ (punching that part number into Jegs, Summit, etc brings up CB-only fitment)

Not sure how easy it would be to just purchase a WT shade, print a logo on there, and sell them on a made-to-order basis. And would doing it that way bring up legal issues with whoever you buy the blank shade from?
                I think its a great idea Deeve, this way you could in a way avoid the custom design cost and maybe even work out a deal with them to lower your per unit cost and i doubt it will be a problem with infringement on anything since you are purchasing the product to customize and sell based on the added cost, much like printing T-shirts; I do not see Heavy T or Gildan suing anybody.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

We're hoodies mentioned? I'd buy 5.

Comment

It just ocured to me, you know how the RHD CB's have those rubber dash mats? It might be a lot of work, but a LHD version with the CB7Tuner logo would be amazing. I'm going to check out that weather tech sun shade...

Comment

Hoodies are a definite possibility. i think we may even have some older designs on the cafepress store (cafepress.com/cb7tuner)

I like the idea of the dash mat. It's likely that something like that would be WAY expensive... but it's definitely a unique idea. I'm not sure where to begin looking, however.

A sunscreen looks like it might be trickier than I initially thought. The quality screens are mylar, which presents issues with printing. I'm still looking around and thinking of new ideas... but aside from a cheap cardboard accordion style, it might not be feasible. And after custom printing, that style probably wouldn't be worth the price I'd have to sell them for just to break even.

In better news, our old member Jon recently contacted me about making CB7tuner products. I'm not even sure he was aware of this thread until I directed him to it. He just appeared at the perfect time!
                      He's got some good stuff in the works. We've been communicating about ideas, and he's been sending me mock-ups. Get excited. Trust me.

Comment

Yeah I did not see this thread until Deev pointed it out, so it was just happenstance I reached out.

I am in talks with several companies about the sunshade idea. Most can't or wont do it.
                        Like Deev and I discussed, the heat involved with setting the ink in a silkscreening process can melt the foil/mylar that these products are made of, hints why most won't do it.

Originally posted by From a WeatherTech Rep
                        The sun shade wouldn’t be able to handle any sort of heat from a machine that irons decals on t-shirts or sets ink. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.
                        The few companies that do offer custom printed sunshades:
                        A. Are cheap.
                        B. Aren't custom fitted.
                        C. Use a cheap process to apply the graphic that doesn't hold up (typically more than one summer).

So it's tricky to find that line between quality, price, and customizability.
                        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Those shades are usually multiple layers sewn together around the edge, aren't they? Could you print the design onto a transparent layer that could handle the heat, and then sew that on as the outside layer? Would that extra material hurt the shade's ability to properly function?
                          Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-22-2017, 05:48 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Exactly, they are put together in a manner that SHOULD be able to allow for some customization.

Hell the higher end shades have a foam core, just heat/vacuum form the logo into the core and apply the rest of the layers and call it a day! No need to worry about that fading.

Most of these companies have their own logo on the product in some way/shape/form. Take CoverKing's sun shade, it has their logo on it.
                            Covercraft puts model names (such as Edge, Mustang, etc.) on their high end shades.
                            Why couldn't they imprint CB7Tuner on it? From what I was told, they don't have the capabilities to do it. Or maybe it's just a lack of wanting to?

Maybe someone else out there can have better luck with these companies than I have??
                            Last edited by Jon; 06-22-2017, 06:40 PM.
                            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

The order volume would probably exceed the demand this community would provide, unfortunately.

Comment

Sorry I've been busy these last few weeks and I'm trying to catch up...

I just received my sunshade from CoverCraft for the 00EXV6 (which also fits the CB7 perfectly) and the best word I can come up with is "formidable." I've had many shades over the years but this one is stout. I'll post pics later but it's thick which means very insulated!

While I like how well made and form fitted (barely any gaps around the edges) it is a little unwieldy to handle. I'm used to the double round spring shade design which is very compact and easy to stow in the passenger seat map pocket. The CoverCraft accordion design is thick and too tall to put anywhere but on the floor, back seat or trunk which is kind of a pain...

On another topic I was looking to replace my TSX remote which cracked and found numerous Chinese knockoffs on eBay but most looked cheap (big surprise). But in my search queries other things kept showing such as key chains. Which led me to this item:

I hope I'm not violating any rules by putting this up but is this from a member here?

Other way I think it's quite clever and I offer it as an example of an appropriate idea...
                                Last edited by hiptech; 06-24-2017, 12:10 PM.
                                My Collection:
                                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
                                X