New...Used Car help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New...Used Car help?

Once again getting into another car. Looking for something 2000 and up, also trying to stay under 15k.

Iv been thinking weather a 2 seater or 4...I have a few cars im thinking of but cant come down to one. It will be my daily, and probably owned for a good while. But must also have potential for some decent power. Car will be bought from a dealer.

Also really looking for something AWD or RWD, nothing FWD for me at the moment.

RX8-So one i have thought long and hard on is the RX8, I love the styling, nice lines, and nice interior. 4 seater 4 door but still looks sporty. Also handles very well. Only downside i really see is also an up. The Rotary, love to rev, and run better with more abuse. But recently i read that some people were only making it to 30k before it gave out. They said it was due to the oil being used, no synthetic. Im not sure if it is all RX8 or just a specific year. So if anyone can shine in on this car and let me know, please do so. One other thing is not much power. But power is easily aquired, but from what ive seen not to much can be made.

350z- Havent done much research on the 350z, but nice power, nice inside and out. Im not to familiar with the handling of it. Cons I see which isnt neccesarily a con is only 2 seats. I can do without, but 4 seats are always nice just in case. But it shouldnt really affect my decession.

s2000- What 2 say about the s2k? Nice in everty way possible. Isnt much to complain about. 2 seater. But once again isnt a big problem. Aftermarket is endless...One thing is im not too sure on the price range...

Any other cars I should look into? Id like to add an STI to the list but in my newer there are only new ones, which is way out of my price range.

out of all those iw ould pick the 350z. torquey, fun to drive, amazing exhaust note. and i hate the rx8. the s2000 i love but just doesn't compare to the 350 IMO

Comment

rx8 for sure.
      I hope you have some petrol money though. expect v8 fuel usage.
      My advice is to just go out and rebuild the engine as soon as you get it anyway.

how many k's will it have on it?
      If you get non mazda unbreakable seals. this will save you a lot of money when it does go out. unless you can afford a complete rebuild do this.
      you can easily have 300kw + at the wheels. on the rx8 with headers ecu intercooler. dependant on which turbo you put on it. People have been getting these at real bargain prices recently. it will probably be my next car..

downside to rotaries are you have to warm them up. don't just jump in and start abusing it straight away. and once it is warm your expected to thrash it. thats where a remote start would come in handy. also have noticed not many people use them as daily's and have other cars.

s2000 is a great car and corners like no other. if you know what your doing they can be very fast. I think look a little old from the rear and

also red cafe vouches for rx8's which i thought was cool. the rx has the most potential to be fast. Z's cost a lot too modify.

Comment

RX8's are for chicks
        350's are just everywhere
        S2000's are awesome machines, but small

04 STI's are in your range, but stay in sleeper mode and get a 05 Legacy gt

I got mine waaay below 15k
        Last edited by ibr_adam09; 09-15-2010, 11:47 PM.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

4wd is for people who can't drive and like to brake for corners.

Comment

May also add the Audi TT Quatro to the list. The 1.8l Turbo at 225HP AWD

Comment

The older one's look girlish. I recall seeing a 5 cylinder at the racetrack new model.
              never even knew they had them til i saw the hood opened.
              they don't look bad.
              I couldn't be bothered explaining why 4wd isn't good.
              34 gtr's almost got it right.
              otherwise the systems aren't good everything from lambo's to whatever don't have it rite. they will someday just not now.
              If you considered an 8 just buy it I hope you can afford it.
              the s2000 makes a good track car the steering system need to be exchanged for a more traditional one though.

one knock and your up for lots of money.

Comment

Im acctualy going to go looking at cars right now. Maybe a few test drives. Every car has its pros and cons. I acctualy like the older TT's. Kitted with some nice BBS's or similiar.

However since im buying a used car, I know more problems are bound to happen. Which is another reason why im looking away from all the stated cars. Engine repairs are expensive.

I was acctualy thinking of getting another Miata, only reason im getting rid of mine is im tired of jumbing in and out. I guess thats what i get for not paying attention though. T-Boned

Im thinking a newer model than im used to though. 2001+ Only problem is highly underpowered. A good quality turbo kit from flying miata is 6000 includiong the stand alone. Thats not really a bad price. Seeing as how complete it is, all quality construction, proven performance. Im just lost...

I see soo many pros and cons with every car I consider. Ones cons are pros on another car, but thats cars cons are pros of antoher and so on.

Comment

Working...
                X