Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars you would love to own, if it weren't for one fatal flaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW's..

heard one too many 1st hand stories with it.. which explains the 4yr/50kmi warranty..

but i still want an E30 M3

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

stock vs stock, these are so much faster than my current WRX. I used to have a regular 9-3 though. Very glad I got rid of that shit as it was one repair after another.

Comment

The SVX is sweet. So are the Saabs.

1st gen. Cavalier. I'd love to find one these to swap with something. Cons??
        - pretty much impossible to find

Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by 91 EX-R View Post

Here you go!
          http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2945968513.html

Comment

i also want this:

The tiv from storm chasers. They see me rollin deep on they ass i wanna know if they gonna honk the horn or not!

Comment

Another m3 best car I've ever owned but these are known to have the smg pump go out at around 100k I miss my LSB M3

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

AE-86 corolla would be my first car choice for this thread. Love the looks, but thanks to initial D and the drifting scene, finding one untouched and in decent condition is nigh-impossible.

I'll also throw in a +1 for the FD RX7's for already stated reasons.

A while back scion release the tC with an option for a warranty-covered TRD supercharger. Very short lived though, as they found out fast that their engines tended to blow up more often. These days if you can find one with the supercharger it's likely been punished beyond what it should be.

Looking forward, I'm not convinced the FT-86 is going to be as awesome as Toyobaru is promising. Sounds a bit underpowered to me, and scrapping AWD leaves me a little iffy on the whole concept. LOVED the concept car though, the sharp lines and organic feel were totally amazing looking.
                Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                ┴─┴
                ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

04-06 BMW 330ci ZHP.

Flaw: I'm a broke-ass mofo'!

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                    Awesome. I'm pretty sure there were fewer then 1,000 1st gen. convertibles produced. Maybe a few hundred a year.

Comment

Wow. That body style really comes alive with some subtle mods.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                        Wow. That body style really comes alive with some subtle mods.
                        They can be quick too since they only weigh 2500lbs. The one I posted has a 3800 supercharged in it.

Comment

That's pretty impressive....for what it is.

Comment

They can be quick too since they only weigh 2500lbs. The one I posted has a 3800 supercharged in it.
                            That's a swap right? As far as I know they only came with the horrendous 2.8
                            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
                              AE-86 corolla would be my first car choice for this thread. Love the looks, but thanks to initial D and the drifting scene, finding one untouched and in decent condition is nigh-impossible.

I'll also throw in a +1 for the FD RX7's for already stated reasons.

A while back scion release the tC with an option for a warranty-covered TRD supercharger. Very short lived though, as they found out fast that their engines tended to blow up more often. These days if you can find one with the supercharger it's likely been punished beyond what it should be.

Looking forward, I'm not convinced the FT-86 is going to be as awesome as Toyobaru is promising. Sounds a bit underpowered to me, and scrapping AWD leaves me a little iffy on the whole concept. LOVED the concept car though, the sharp lines and organic feel were totally amazing looking.
                              The whole point of the FT-86 is to go back to the AE86 concept... lightweight, underpowered, relatively inexpensive (though I think their price point is a bit high... still competitive with the Miata, though.)

If they made it AWD, it'd just be a funky looking Impreza. If they made it turbo, chances are it'd bump the price up into the 30k range... and away from their target.

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                              That's a swap right? As far as I know they only came with the horrendous 2.8
                              Yeah, that's a swap. 3800 only came in bigger cars. Apparently it's a relatively common swap (not like the H22 for us, but still...), and those little things FLY with it! Too much power for a lightweight FWD car, IMO. The supercharged 3800 in my old GTP was too much for even that behemoth!
                              1st gen Cavaliers are badass looking. I also like the 2nd gen Z24. Once they hit the 3rd gen, they got too bubbly looking for my taste.

Comment

A 1967-1970 Porsche 911S. Or rather, ANY vintage pre-1978 Porsche 911, non-turbo. I have adored these cars my entire life, and they are among the best driver's cars ever made; Raw steering, stiff ride, noise, and a rear-mounted flat-six that has a certain tendency to end up in front. Absolute perfection.

The fatal flaw: The inevitable arm & leg costs required for repairs and maintenance, especially on the rarer models.
                                Shown: 1973 Carrera RS
                                Last edited by Nurega; 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM.
                                Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                                2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                                2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Working...
                                X