Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to refresh this site. We need some new ideas, and some new moderators!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True. Although it is not the opinion of CB7tuner.com. It is my opinion alone.
    Perhaps I should make a separate account on which to post my more opinionated ideas. One where my opinions aren't seen as the official stance of this site as a whole (not taking offense... if that's how it's seen, then it's a legitimate concern.)

Comment

hey deeves, have you thought of putting a chat box on the forum menu page ( the page where it shows all the sections of the board)?
      FRIENDS
      DONT LET
      FRIENDS
      ROLL ON
      ROTA'S

Comment

It gets suggested about once a year. I shoot it down every time.
        A chat box would be impossible to monitor and moderate, and if Facebook is any indication, fast-paced, real-time conversation can erupt into shit-talking way too quickly!

Plus, it would likely require modifications that I wouldn't want to risk (potential stability issues), and it may cause a major increase in bandwidth usage (which is already a bit of an issue.)

Comment

I'll try to link to the site as much as I can on the Facebook page.

Comment

Thanks Wilson.
            I really need to get over there myself more often. I really appreciate you keeping up with it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Thanks Wilson.
              I really need to get over there myself more often. I really appreciate you keeping up with it!
              We should make a newsletter and blast it to our member list to remind them to come back with updates.

Im sure you can rip emails from account info

My job uses Constant Contact for blasting stuff out.

or survey monkey. whatever.

Comment

Yeah, I think that's something Pandemic has been thinking of doing.
                The only bad thing is that it's likely that the majority of inactive users have likely sold their CB7 long ago (especially with a decade in existence), or they left because they don't like this place. But hey... if it brings people back, it's worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Yeah, I think that's something Pandemic has been thinking of doing.
                  The only bad thing is that it's likely that the majority of inactive users have likely sold their CB7 long ago (especially with a decade in existence), or they left because they don't like this place. But hey... if it brings people back, it's worth it!
                  worth a shot.

Something simple.

Check out this months Member Ride, blah balbha l

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                    Change the background of every page to be this:

Tiled, to fill the entire screen.

That'll bring in more traffic for sure!
                    ^ I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                      worth a shot.

Something simple.

Check out this months Member Ride, blah balbha l
                      ya I get something like that from driveaccord and my9thgencivic and I see something cool I check it out, honestly I forget about those sites sometimes and they bring me back.
                      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                      1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Yea I'm on jeep forum as well and they send out newsletters ALL the time and remind me to long in every so often so I can update them. They even send happy birthday emails. We should do something like that for our members.

Comment

deev I can help and volunteer being a mod in anyway. as you already know I'm one of the hosts for AFM, also host my own Monthly BBQ meet in Miami fl and I'm a active manager for Florida Accords page on facebook. so let me know what i can help on. alot of the things that need to be worked on have already been mention (DIY's,MRT's,ect.)
                          Last edited by pupildel; 04-04-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pupildel View Post
                            deev i cant help
                            I stopped reading at this.

Funny typo. Not knocking the guy, just think the typo and the relevance the post is ironic. Funny ironic.

LOL
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                              I stopped reading at this.

Funny typo. Not knocking the guy, just think the typo and the relevance the post is ironic. Funny ironic.

LOL
                              lmao damn stupid auto correct fml
                              Last edited by pupildel; 04-04-2014, 12:01 PM.

Comment

For the newcomers to the site, maybe you should make a sub-section specifically dedicated for the people who have excessively bad grammar, spelling, etc. That way everyone who wants to type like they are on a two-way, can have a section free of the harassment that they get. Also it will generate unique keywords that could lead more traffic to this site, even the random visitor who has no purpose with this site, you'll still get paid by Google for their impressions.

Also maybe you should consider a 'badge system', where doing certain things around the site to help others can be cause for a moderator to reward you with a badge of some sort. For example if I was a moderator, GeoffM would get the 'Troll' badge, make it fun, and interesting at the same time.

Also I really like the idea of the DIY section being re-categorized, and images being hosted with a reliable 3rd party image host. You already have the basic format, just expand on it, and create sub-sub-sections break it up even more. With this it would also be nice if you could get that particular section to display threads with replies from the last year (or longer), or compile an basic index in each section that is a sticky.

Also I think the MRT section could use some organization. I like the fact that all the MRT's are listed under one section, but it would be nice if there was a way to make it so there were sub-sections (say by paint color), that when you enter the sub-section, it filters the results for the main view/section. E.g.. So you can see all the most recent replies on MRT's in one place, but if you enter a subsection, it limits you to the criteria of that sub-section.
                                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                                X