Quest for a/c knowledge..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quest for a/c knowledge..

Lets start a thread on A/C repair. Parts list, prices, locations on the said parts, what they do, how to replace ect. I personally am having ac problems and don't know where to start. Maybe put it all in a sticky or something.

I want to share my problem here too.. At night or when the sun's not to bright my ac works good.. But in the heat of the day it's crap. The compressor don't stay on long enough to keep it cold. Just cycles on and off. It got up to 103 today. Right now it's 90+, sun is down and ac is fine and blowing cold. But around 5pm it don't work for shit. What gives? Does anyone one know where all the ac parts on our cars are.

So yeah, My compressor works fine when its not absurdly hot outside. It kicks on blows cold and stays on and blowing just fine, even at idle. Now when its gets 85-90 outside. It starts to blow cold for a few min's then off goes the compressor. 10sec's later it kicks on and goes right back off.

Now i understand that its going to get hot in the car with it sitting in the sun, Thats a given. But what in the world would cause the compressor to keep kicking off in that kind of heat?

Ac compressor.
    Compresses freon gas, (Compressed gas heats up) and pushes it to the ____? where it expands thus relieving pressure and creating a cooling effect.
    Location- Belt side of the motor front bottom pulley.

Receiver/ Dryer.
    Removes moisture and filters crud out of the ac system.
    Location- near drivers side fender near the headlight.

Pressure switch.
    Turns off the compressor to keep pressure from over building and blowing your a/c system up.
    Location- Don't know.

Evaporator.
    What it do? Don't know.
    Location- don't know.

Condenser.
    What it do? Not real sure.
    Location- Behind the glove box. I think?

expansion valve.
    Takes the high pressure gas passing in threw a small opening atomizing the gas and allowing the expansion to create the rapid cooling and chilling of the gases.

I'm sure I'm not 100% correct on all this. So please please add information on how this system works.

And remember kid a Cool cb7= reduced road rage and ball sweat.

I believe the condensor is next to the raditor and what your talking is the fan motor.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Spray water from a garden hose onto the condenser. The condenser is infront of the radiator, Its the black radiator looking thing.

If the A/C gets cold when you do that, Its either clogged or lost majority of its fins.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
        I believe the condensor is next to the raditor and what your talking is the fan motor.
        The fan's are fine. They come on when I turn on the ac button as they should.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
          Spray water from a garden hose onto the condenser. The condenser is infront of the radiator, Its the black radiator looking thing.

If the A/C gets cold when you do that, Its either clogged or lost majority of its fins.
          I will check this out tonight when I get off work. I will take it up to the car wash and use some high pressure water and clean it and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
          X