H22 Auto Accord vs Mustang GT 4.6L 94-01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Auto Accord vs Mustang GT 4.6L 94-01

This happened right as I got off from class for the day today. I was coming pulling out of my campus...there's this long stretch of road where you can pretty much see everything for at least a mile around...so no cops can get you. Anyways...I see this Red Mustang GT convertible coming up behind me, I was doing 45, just cruising, he was prob. going 60.

We eventually come to a stop sign. I arrived first and he was like 1/2 a car behind, so I waited slightly longer. I looked over and its this black guy smiling back at me He had his window down and was saying "ay man, you wanna run?" in a cheerful attitude. I was like "eh, sure why not (looks around for popo)" We basically just gunned it right after I said yea...so I shift it all the way to 1st and then proceed to manually shift right before redline....somewhere at 75-7600 RPMs. I immediately get the jump on him, i think he must've been auto as well b/c he didn't launch it or anything, same as me....we both just gassed it.

I get to the top of 1st and i'm ahead by 2 cars. I shift, I stay in VTEC so its quicker than it normally is if I were to leave it in D4 mode. I kinda chirp the tires and my speedo goes from like 40-50 when it shifts and then back down to like 45. I'm still ahead. I get to the top of second at like 70-75mph, and I'm in front by one. I end it at 80 and he still keeps going. haha I couldn't b/c there were RR tracks about 200 ft. ahead so I immediately slow to like 45 so I won't fuck up any of my wheels/tires or suspension by bottoming out. He kinda launches off the tracks and THEN he slows lol. But I guess he was on stock suspension so it was plush for him.

End Result: I beat him by 1 car at 80mph. I feel kinda happy about this kill. Are those GT's quick by any means? I felt we were evenly matched but I stayed in front the entire time. It was a fun rush....just getting out of a boring history of engineering class....I needed something to wake me up lol

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

was it this one:

if it was, 190hp. the ones with a V8 come with 260hp. but the thing is still a boat compared to our cb nice kill tho.

Comment

SPECIFICATIONS

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price $ 23,590
      Price As Tested $ 24,165
      Engine Type SOHC 16-valve 4.6 Liter V8 w/SMFI*
      Engine Size 281 cid/4601 cc
      Horsepower 260 @ 5250 RPM
      Torque (lb-ft) 302 @ 4000 RPM
      Wheelbase/Width/Length 101.3"/73.1"/183.2"
      Transmission Five-speed manual
      Curb Weight 3417 pounds
      Fuel Capacity 15.7 gallons
      Tires (F/R) 225/55R16 all-season
      Brakes (F/R) Disc (ABS)/disc (ABS)
      Drive Train Front-engine/rear-wheel-drive
      Vehicle Type Four-passenger/two-door
      Domestic Content N/A
      Coefficient of Drag (Cd.) N/A

PERFORMANCE

EPA Economy, miles per gallon
      city/highway/average 18/25/21
      0-60 MPH 6.0 seconds
      1/4 (E.T.) 14.5 seconds @ 99.0 mph
      Top-speed 140 mph
      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
        was it this one:

if it was, 190hp. the ones with a V8 come with 260hp. but the thing is still a boat compared to our cb nice kill tho.
        Whoops then I think it was a 93-98 models, thats right they changed the stang in 01 right? but it was the one w/ the 4.6L badging right under the GT insignia on the fenders and had dual exhausts. I noticed the badges as he pulled to the line.

member's ride thread
        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          I think it was the previous gen. stang but it still had the 4.6L in it. I think what 225hp in that gen?

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

is it this one?

sorry. i have an image base sort of stored in my head. lmao. i can kinda look at a car and tell if i can beat it by the info i have in my head.

Comment

is it this one?

sorry. i have an image base sort of stored in my head. lmao. i can kinda look at a car and tell if i can beat it by the info i have in my head.
              yep! same color too! but it had cobra wheels on it, but other than that, it looked stock i think. Oh, it was a convertible though....haha you have a pic of that one? jk.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

was it this one:

260 outta a v8? what a wimp of a car

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                  Mid 70s till now most V8's were under 200hp.
                  wat?

Comment

Nice! Id be very happy with that, its a 4.6L V8, with 225hp and 286 lb.ft of tq. I also searched this ford GT's weight and its only about 200kg more than a cb.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      Whoops then I think it was a 93-98 models, thats right they changed the stang in 01 right? but it was the one w/ the 4.6L badging right under the GT insignia on the fenders and had dual exhausts. I noticed the badges as he pulled to the line.
                      For that gen, the 94/95 had the 5.0L, the 96-98 had the 4.6L.
                      Nice kill Losi!

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

nice kill!

ya, nothing impressive when it is stock....actually the 5.0L and earlier 4.6L came with ~200hp V8 from factory...but throw just a few bolt-ons on it and you have over 400 horses. ...still, not as impressive as GM V8s, but respectable when you consider how many bottlenecks they come with from factory

Comment

It was like mine?

................except Mine has a Cobra swap and badges now

I still need a drop on the Mustang and the Accord though
                          Last edited by AbsurdNY; 02-18-2009, 03:10 AM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                          My member's ride

Comment

lol good kill... Stock the hard top 96-98 mustangs are a pig... The verts are even worse and the auto just kills it all. The last time I raced a 98 body style cobra with work... I put like 5-8 cars on him from 30-120 lmao. The hard tops are a pretty good match up for a auto h22 tho.
                            Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                            registration is free

Comment

Unless your car is swapped....youre the proud owner of an car with nearly identical hp/l...well hp/cylinder anyway. Gotta love being biased, huh?

But the jellybeans from 94-98 were slooooooooooooooow.
                              Originally posted by koolkoreanked View Post
                              The last time I raced a 98 body style cobra with work... I put like 5-8 cars on him from 30-120 lmao.
                              You didnt race a Cobra.
                              To-Do List for Today
                              Be Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X