Man accused of writing N* word to waitress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
    Yeah I have the jokes amongst my closest friends about how I'm the 'Whitest black guy they've ever met' but that's it..it's a joke.
    wait........ Your black

Comment

UPDATE: http://news.yahoo.com/waitress-red-l...113225994.html
      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
        she looks like someone that will scam/screw/make a big deal of things, and no her race has nothing to do with it
        Sure it isn't, even though that's pretty much the only thing you know about her

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
          I can't stand the 'You were wrong so you owe me' complex.

Nothing gets my anger flaring than a person who uses the race card to get by. I'm African American / Pacific Islander and although I have BEEN profiled I have never NOT EVEN ONCE tried to use my race as leverage.

It's embarassing,insulting and degrading when a person uses that excuse to get by. I didn't read the whole story after I saw her all smiles with a 10k check because I was pretty disgusted by the whole thing.

Yeah I have the jokes amongst my closest friends about how I'm the 'Whitest black guy they've ever met' but that's it..it's a joke.

The problem with this fucking society is that everyone expects something to be handed to them after a 'racial' incident. The whole 'Nappy Head hoes' from Imus when Sharpton wanted him to lose his job? Are you fucking kidding me??

I got into some shit with a fellow forum member..and it was sad because he got infuriated with me over an my comment about an EBT card.

My observation was this: I was at a local supermarket buying groceries and I see this woman with an iPhone5s in her hands while she's using an EBT card to pay for her baby's food

I post a comment on FB to the effect of 'You have an iPhone 5 and you have an EBT card?' And it led to an argument and subsequently I was deleted from that person's friends list.

Fucking wah

In any case.

Stupid comments shouldn't cause a person their fucking lively hood.

Unless you physcially harm someone you should be able to keep your job not fucking loose it because of a comment.

Maybe I see things differently than everyone else.

I really really without a fucking doubt in my mind..HATE the race card excuse.

You're human..you were born with a brain and common sense.

Use it.

/end rant.
          Stop pandering.........

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Stop pandering.........
            I do not think that word means what you think it means.

In this case, our little waitress here is a perfect example of a panderer:

pan·der [pan-der]
            noun Also, pan·der·er.
            1. a person who furnishes clients for a prostitute or supplies persons for illicit sexual intercourse; procurer; pimp.
            2. a person who caters to or profits from the weaknesses or vices of others.
            3. a go-between in amorous intrigues.
            verb (used without object)
            4. to act as a pander; cater basely: to pander to the vile tastes of vulgar persons.
            verb (used with object)
            5. to act as a pander for.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
              I do not think that word means what you think it means.

In this case, our little waitress here is a perfect example of a panderer:

pan·der [pan-der]
              noun Also, pan·der·er.
              1. a person who furnishes clients for a prostitute or supplies persons for illicit sexual intercourse; procurer; pimp.
              2. a person who caters to or profits from the weaknesses or vices of others.
              3. a go-between in amorous intrigues.
              verb (used without object)
              4. to act as a pander; cater basely: to pander to the vile tastes of vulgar persons.
              verb (used with object)
              5. to act as a pander for.
              Ummmmm.... pander as a verb =

1. gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire, need, or habit or a person with such a desire, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The mix of cursive and print letters looks to be present in both words. Not likely something a scamming waitress would think of emulating in a spur of the moment thing.

I've worked in restaurants, and I've seen some MAJORLY shady stuff go down... so I know that it's entirely possible that she did this just to screw a guy that stiffed her. Optional or not, being stiffed is infuriating (and "optional" is questionable... it's not required, but servers are still taxed on the assumption that they are tipped at least 10%, and they are required to share a portion of their tips as calculated by a percentage of their sales with the support staff...)

Still, as much as I'd like to defend the guy... I think he wrote it.
                Should it be such a big deal? No. Should the girl have gotten $10,000 because she whined about it on the internet? No. Should the guy have the right to sue her for putting his personal information on the internet? Yes. Especially since she profited by doing so.
                Regardless of whether or not the guy left a racist asshole comment, he has still suffered far more by her actions than she has by his.
                1) it's impossible to tell whether he wrote it. I had a friend that could duplicate my signature we'll enough after seeing it once that most people couldn't tell. I have had to do it with relatives in a pinch too.

That said, you would have to have a specific writing sample to make a determination.

2) I disagree about tips. They are earned, regardless how they are taxed, and I would be well within my rights to reduce it if the service is substandard. I have basic criteria by which I judge the service. If certain things start happening, I start reducing. I don't do it often, but I have done it.

That said, on the other side of the equation, I have been judged plenty of times by servers who assumed because I was with friends and was college aged, I wouldn't tip well. Lo and behold, it became a self fulfilling prophecy when the service was bad.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                  I'm not sure what side to swing of this situation; but I believe the girl, and not because I am of her ethnicity. The writing seems kind of skewed but without some examples of her handwriting it's hard to say she wrote it. I also take into the account that it's a 6 letter word opposed to the previous one of four. Those lines are generally designed for 1-4 digits, so he might have tried to squeeze it in. As a former restaurant employee it was wrong to post his sensitive information; and she received a suspension which was fitting. To "make right" of the situation her bosses I assumed proposed a with pay suspension.

I'm not sure why everyone is offended though because she received 10k. I doubt it came from one source, or even less than 250 sources. If there is one thing I know(and in a way somewhat proud of), is that if African-Americans put their minds to something, not even the sky is the limit, but rather the highest points of heaven. I'm not saying a different ethnicity is incapable, but the sheer tenacity of African-Americans in my opinion is practically unrivaled. I don't know how many views she got on Youtube but I can only imagine that it was within the hundreds of thousands. All it takes is one sympathizer to propose a small "Christian Donation" and you've got what probably amounts to a small city, donating $1-$20.
                  You just made it racial (to illustrate a point). I have seen Mexicans work circles around people of all other ethnicities. Does that mean they are more tenacious than blacks? My grandparents worked 3 full time jobs each (one of which was their own business) and raised 6 kids at the same time. My grandfather was a cop and a firefighter during that time (in addition to the business) and my grandmother kept her kids and house immaculate. Does that make them more tenacious?

The reality is that hard working people are hard working people. They come in all different shapes, sizes, colors and backgrounds. Just like good people and terrible people.
                  Last edited by owequitit; 05-25-2014, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Sure it isn't, even though that's pretty much the only thing you know about her
                    Are you always above such things? I recall a time you were afraid to move to Texas because you and your girlfriend weren't sure what the "Republicans" would do to you.

Everyone is guilty of stereotyping.

Comment

1. gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire, need, or habit or a person with such a desire, etc.)
                      I still don't see how what he wrote would qualify as pandering...
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        Are you always above such things? I recall a time you were afraid to move to Texas because you and your girlfriend weren't sure what the "Republicans" would do to you.

Everyone is guilty of stereotyping.
                        Ummmmm.... Texas is known and documented for being a conservative, religious state. My concerns were based on

- discussions with my uncle, who has lived in Dallas since the 80s
                        - discussions with college buddies who relocated to Austin
                        - discussions/interactions with my best man's in laws, who live near Corpus Cristi
                        - phone interviews with companies in Texas which went weirdly religious/political (by no doing on my part)

What do you think the threadstarter based his character assessment of this waitress on?

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        I still don't see how what he wrote would qualify as pandering...
                        I'm not going to get into it as online discussions on race rarely end well.

Comment

Texas is not that bad....just sayin. Dallas isn't or Houston or Austin. Now the small white towns I try to stay out of.

Comment

Ummmmm.... Texas is known and documented for being a conservative, religious state. My concerns were based on

- discussions/interactions with my best man's in laws, who live near Corpus Cristi
                            - phone interviews with companies in Texas which went weirdly religious/political (by no doing on my part)

What do you think the threadstarter based his character assessment of this waitress on?

- So if my uncle tells me how awful black people are, and that they are all criminals, degenerates, and all mooch money off the government because they are lazy, would that make me justified in believing it?

Funny how that shoe fits on the other foot isn't it?

I can also assure you I get the same looks when I go into a predominantly black neighborhood that you get when you go into a white one.

- Austin is BY FAR the most liberal city in the state of Texas. In fact, they are so blue, they probably rival any liberal city you can think of. So if Austin is a problem, maybe it isn't "the conservatives" after all.

- Dallas is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the US (right behind L.A., New York, and Chicago areas). Houston is the 5th largest metro area and the 4th largest city in its own right. I have seen many Arabs, Persians, Asians, blacks, whites, and Hispanics (who actually account for nearly half of Texas' population. They are developed, modern, educated and affluent. The same applies to Austin, Lubbock, etc.

You seem like your trying to make it sound like everyone lives in trailer parks and dropped out of high school.

- Someday someone will have to explain why believing in a higher power, and more specifically the code of conduct that goes with it, automatically means "racist" and intolerant. I'll tell you where that comes from, it is perpetuated propaganda pushed by people who want to eradicate individual freedom.

I know tons of religious people who are more open and accepting than any atheist I know. I also know religious shit heads. That said, I also know plenty of atheists that can go either way. The common element is stupid people, not religious affiliation.

- What did they say about Corpus? You do realize that the South (including Texas) has an extremely high concentration of blacks right?

-You do realize that it was staunch Southern Democrats that opposed integration right? I assume you also know that Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican President, and at no point was that party in favor of such things as racial segregation? Most "conservatives" aren't even staunchly against *** marriage.

- I wont even address the corporate thing because that happens anywhere you go. There are plenty of Texas companies that don't give a shit what your personal beliefs are. Math at also exists anywhere.

The problem with most "liberals" is that they have been brainwashed by the liberal machine to believe that "conservative" = racist, close minded, uneducated, ignorant and backward. Unfortunately it is bullshit. The fact that people accept it as fact PROVES that those same characteristics of small minded people exist on both sides.

Also, you have very clearly demonstrated the same ignorance of others that you complain about, which was my previous point. But thanks for supporting it.

You were told things by people you know, and you just assumed they were true. But if someone on the other side of the fence does that, my gosh.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              - So if my uncle tells me how awful black people are, and that they are all criminals, degenerates, and all mooch money off the government because they are lazy, would that make me justified in believing it?

Funny how that shoe fits on the other foot isn't it?

I can also assure you I get the same looks when I go into a predominantly black neighborhood that you get when you go into a white one.

- Austin is BY FAR the most liberal city in the state of Texas. In fact, they are so blue, they probably rival any liberal city you can think of. So if Austin is a problem, maybe it isn't "the conservatives" after all.

- Dallas is the 4th largest metropolitan area in the US (right behind L.A., New York, and Chicago areas). Houston is the 5th largest metro area and the 4th largest city in its own right. I have seen many Arabs, Persians, Asians, blacks, whites, and Hispanics (who actually account for nearly half of Texas' population. They are developed, modern, educated and affluent. The same applies to Austin, Lubbock, etc.

You seem like your trying to make it sound like everyone lives in trailer parks and dropped out of high school.

- Someday someone will have to explain why believing in a higher power, and more specifically the code of conduct that goes with it, automatically means "racist" and intolerant. I'll tell you where that comes from, it is perpetuated propaganda pushed by people who want to eradicate individual freedom.

I know tons of religious people who are more open and accepting than any atheist I know. I also know religious shit heads. That said, I also know plenty of atheists that can go either way. The common element is stupid people, not religious affiliation.

- What did they say about Corpus? You do realize that the South (including Texas) has an extremely high concentration of blacks right?

-You do realize that it was staunch Southern Democrats that opposed integration right? I assume you also know that Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican President, and at no point was that party in favor of such things as racial segregation? Most "conservatives" aren't even staunchly against *** marriage.

- I wont even address the corporate thing because that happens anywhere you go. There are plenty of Texas companies that don't give a shit what your personal beliefs are. Math at also exists anywhere.

The problem with most "liberals" is that they have been brainwashed by the liberal machine to believe that "conservative" = racist, close minded, uneducated, ignorant and backward. Unfortunately it is bullshit. The fact that people accept it as fact PROVES that those same characteristics of small minded people exist on both sides.

Also, you have very clearly demonstrated the same ignorance of others that you complain about, which was my previous point. But thanks for supporting it.

You were told things by people you know, and you just assumed they were true. But if someone on the other side of the fence does that, my gosh.
                              I love you for everything you just said...! <3 your now my idol.

Comment

It still doesn't apply to what he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X