No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically they do need your permission. Have them pay you $20 for using it or something. Unless you don't care. Every picture for a speed zone rear visor is alex's car keepinitclean

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Lol...should ask him for royalties, every item sold you get a %. That or he at least gives credit where credit is due.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Problem is all those companies are LLC so all they'll do is change the picture or change their company name and won't owe you anything. I don't care if they use it, I did ask what else they sold and if I could get something cheap for them using the pic.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

found out the muffler was half way shut the other day when we did tuning. i was having some break up when iat's were above 125 deg so took it back to find the culprit and he was like "is the thing open it seems quieter than normal". sure enough. 1deg timing taken out and added some fuel up top got this with the muffler open.

Comment

I talked to ben today (tuner), he said the biggest improvement is that the voltage offset tables are now correct so the tune can be leaner and still be safe. With the valve open she needed a pinch more fuel up top but now its at 26º timing @ wot and 13.0-13.1 afr.

Comment

talked to danny at DDtech today ghost, im purchasing a custom cam just as soon as we figure out what all options i have. im also in the process of planning a ram air system. some of the 212whp may be in part to the 11ºF cooler IAT than the previous run. 78ºF for the 212whp and 89ºF for the 206whp. i know it seems like im rambling but i just want all the facts on the table, people dont realize how much weather can effect naturally aspirated engines. i think with more humidity and hotter IAT's of summer time this same setup is down 3-5whp. anyways it is a green light for a new cam and finally a green light on the T2W4, just may not get the 4.64 right away but it'll come in due time. main focus is bills to be paid, wifey to get new wheels, and then what ever is left over gets spent on the hotrod. as the budget looks so far i can atleast get a new cam and trans.

Comment

Sweet... I have talked to Derek about a few different cams. One for the Accord F24A1 build and I also have him looking into grinding a couple cams for my '83 Suzuki GS400S. I haven't herd back from him yet...waiting for a quote! So far he has been a really good guy to deal with.

I can port your head whenever you have all your ducks in a row. I think it would be easier for you to get the OS valves and valve job done locally. I can hawg the bowls out to match whatever valves you intend to use. Then when they install the new valves/seats they can machine it to match the throat and bowls.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Problem is nobody local will touch os valves in an aluminum head for some reason. I really think at my current state its not needed but in the future it will be. I really want a ported head, it may lose some low rpm torque but I feel the trade off is worth it. With the combination of ported head, larger cam and 3" exhaust I may cross into 220-230whp on pump 93 and with some internals possibly 240whp. This would easily be 250whp on e85 in a full interior cb7. I'd be the first n/a f-series powered accord in the high 12's. I may have been the first in the 13's and 14's but I'm not sure. Well ghost, send me a pm with final price if you supply the head, I just want the best you can do with oem valves. I really want to thank everyone for the support, Its what kept me going after so many engines, lol.

Comment

new vid. 0-60 in roughly 5sec and the best 1-2 shift i think i have ever done, lol. this is with 110deg IAT's, we dynoed it to check the difference, its 206whp with 110-120deg IAT and gains a little over 6whp with 30deg drop in IAT's. apparently the muffler being shut a little doesnt effect power much. if it is shut all the way it's one thing but atleast halfway open to full open was only 1hp. i got all excited the other day when it made 212whp , lol.
                    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Comment

Bad ass as all hell. F UR K

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I have been planning my dream build lately. The f is running so good (knock on wood) it really makes me want to stick to it in the dd and build a monster for the dx.

Brian crower 100mm crank: $2100
                        Offset grind rod journals to
                        accept 48mm rod which
                        increases stroke to 103mm: $300
                        ACL rod and main bearings: $180
                        ARP head studs: $200
                        Rebalance rotating assembly: $200
                        Crower Billet steel F23A rods: $850
                        Custom JE FSR pistons: $800
                        Sleeved block, bored 89.5mm: $1400
                        KS balance shaft delete kit: $150
                        Portflow F22A cylinder head: $1500
                        Bisimoto 90mm head gasket: $120
                        DDtech custom camshaft: $850
                        Bisimoto rocker spacers: $210
                        Bisimoto valvesprings: $200
                        Honda oem retainers: $140
                        Evolution F2H adapter: $200
                        Borla induction 52mm ITB: $2100
                        Injector dynamics 750cc: $450
                        Carolina dyno custom header: $1500
                        Hondata S300 tuned at CD: $1000

TTL invested 2.6 liter street: $14, 110

Then the trans and suspension
                        T2W4 trans
                        Synchrotech carbon master set
                        Synchrotech rebuild with WPC treateatment
                        4.062 accord FD
                        Competition clutch stage2
                        TTL: $2900

Drive Shaft Shop level 2.9 cv axles: $900
                        ESP traction bar: $400
                        Kingpin front LCA's: $400
                        Carolina Dyno custom UCA's: $350
                        Megan racing rear LCA's & toe arms $220
                        SPC rear UCA's: $180
                        McMasters urethane filled mounts: $75
                        TASauto.com ROH and rear disc: $1300
                        BWR custom rate coilovers: $1100
                        TTL: $4925

Weight reduction

Odessey pc680: $150
                        Carbon creations trunk: $530
                        Seibon carbon oem hood: $580
                        NRG carbon seats: $1000
                        Cage Carolina Dyno: $2500
                        Remove ac, ps, carpet, rear seat, rear panels
                        And ryno line floors and roof to keep down noise

TTL: $4760

$26,695 total invested, so really $30k and she'd be badass.

Comment

yea....$30k on a 20yr old car. id rather pay $9k on a newer car and another $4-5k on parts and get the same results. but to each his own.

love the build you got going now man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            yea....$30k on a 20yr old car. id rather pay $9k on a newer car and another $4-5k on parts and get the same results. but to each his own.

love the build you got going now man.
                            Yea that 30k would get me an older NSX in the garage to start Modding.
                            I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

This cb is and has always been badass .
                              But 30k is ALOT of money to invest. But then again, my cousin just dropped 35k(over time though) restoring his 1968 dodge charger from scratch.
                              For this kind of money ,a nice supra would suffice. But I have faith you will do the cb justice.

Comment

When your in this hobby, it's not really about the money. It's more about doing what makes you happy. If it was about cheap easy horsepower, this build could have gone snail a long time ago. This is a great build and an amazing learning experience. Maybe it's not for you, but some of us are about that life.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                                MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Working...
                                X