Lojack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lojack

Your worst fear....yea you have an alarm but all it does is yell. It won't scream for long and it won't tell you where your CB is being violated!
    So I'm in fear of my wagon getting stolen AGAIN like my first one.
    If I had LoJack in it...I'm sure I'd have it back.
    I did a Google search and looked for it cheap and with monthly payments regardless of their claim of "One time payment" Didn't expect to find any..but I did! The following is the response. Give David a call and I hope if enough say you heard it from me, Steve, and order one he may give me some kind of deal. I doubt it, but

Buying LoJack at the Lowest Price Installed at Your Home or Work!
    NewCarsLowestPrice .Com

Hi Steve:

Thank you for inquiring about buying a LoJack Vehicle Theft Recovery System at the lowest price!

I called you moments ago and left a voice message indicating I will gladly work with you to make LoJack affordable.

The following details answers our most frequently asked questions, with discount prices including installation.

We are a high volume LoJack dealer Nationwide for 24 years and will help you conveniently purchase LoJack by phone with big discount prices, including prompt installation by a LoJack factory employed technician arriving at your home or work with no additional charge.
    LoJack installers are very discreet so no one else will know where the system is secretly installed. However, the installer does notify LoJack Corporate Headquarters as to the exact location of the system in the unlikely event it should ever require servicing in the future.
    LoJack is the most effective vehicle theft recovery system available and has a 94% recovery rate. LoJack equipped vehicles are often found by law enforcement within minutes to 3 or 4 hours and is money-back guaranteed for the first two years to recover your vehicle in 24 hours or less. When your vehicle is recovered after 24 hours, you get your vehicle and your money back!
    LoJack is a one time purchase and there are no recurring monthly charges.
    The LoJack System is $595.00 which is a $100.00 discount below list price.
    Options include the Early Warning feature at $225.00 (a $75.00 discount) and this feature is highly recommended if you are away from your car for extended periods of time. With this feature, you will be instantly notified the moment your vehicle has been stolen at every telephone number and email address you have provided for such contact.

LoJack's standard 2 year warranty guarantees your vehicle will be recovered within 24 hours of your reporting the vehicle stolen or your money-back. If your vehicle is recovered in the 25th hour or later, you get your car and your money back! The optional Extended Warranty provides this guarantee for 5 additional years and the cost is $85.00, which is a $15.00 discount off the list price of $100.00.
    The LoJack unit is a sealed system by the factory and includes a long life lithium ion battery which is automatically recharged by the vehicle.
    Installation time for the basic LoJack system is about 30 minutes and if purchasing the Early Warning feature, the total time is about 1 hour. Upon completion of the installation of your LoJack system, you will receive a "Welcome to LoJack" instruction materials for quickly activating the system when your vehicle has been stolen.
    We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover or checks by phone. Installation appointments are made at the time you place your order and installing your LoJack will take only 30 minutes to one hour depending on the system and feature purchased.
    To complete your LoJack order or for more information, please contact us by telephone and we'll gladly answer all of your questions with no obligation.
    Yours truly,
    David Breslow

NewCarsLowestPrice.com
    Auto Purchase Consulting, Inc.
    Call8004321CAR@msn.com (email)
    1-800-4321-CAR
    1-866-4321-CAR (fax)

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

You are not gonna find anywhere to make a monthly payment on a lojack. What David offered you is just a discounted price, not monthly payments. Not even lojack employees can do monthly payments on the lojack units. Your best bet is to get a personal loan from a bank to pay for your lojack in full. Then you make your monthly payments on it.
    Last edited by Formula-ONE; 06-15-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

how much is lojack in a nutshell?
      visit vgruk

Comment

Around $1000.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by Formula-ONE View Post
          You are not gonna find anywhere to make a monthly payment on a lojack. What David offered you is just a discounted price, not monthly payments. Not even lojack employees can do monthly payments on the lojack units. Your best bet is to get a personal loan from a bank to pay for your lojack in full. Then you make your monthly payments on it.
          I hope you are wrong. I spoke to him and he gave me quotes on monthly. Now he may be quoting a bank ..I hope not. I will NEVER get a loan. I told him I would call in July. If you want to call and quiz him ..sure. Bring us back the results. Could be a bad deal.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

I'm sure it depends on the dealer. Either way, you're taking out a loan... either it's held by the dealer, or held by a bank... and you're likely paying interest.

I'm still a bit iffy on LoJack, personally. It's been around a long time now, and thieves have surely come to expect it. Maybe not on an old Accord, since these cars aren't all that valuable to most people... just enthusiasts like us... so in this case it might work.
            Still, if I were a car thief, I'd be sure to anticipate a LoJack, and learn how to disable/remove it from any car I steal.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
              I hope you are wrong. I spoke to him and he gave me quotes on monthly. Now he may be quoting a bank ..I hope not. I will NEVER get a loan. I told him I would call in July. If you want to call and quiz him ..sure. Bring us back the results. Could be a bad deal.
              He's right. Lojack employees don't even make payments. Its still a one time fee.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I'm sure it depends on the dealer. Either way, you're taking out a loan... either it's held by the dealer, or held by a bank... and you're likely paying interest.

I'm still a bit iffy on LoJack, personally. It's been around a long time now, and thieves have surely come to expect it. Maybe not on an old Accord, since these cars aren't all that valuable to most people... just enthusiasts like us... so in this case it might work.
              Still, if I were a car thief, I'd be sure to anticipate a LoJack, and learn how to disable/remove it from any car I steal.
              Anything can be stolen lojack isn't 100% full proof. I can guarantee even with some basic knowledge of the lojack, the cops will be knockin on your door before you get to it. Hiding under tunnels or in a remote forest wont work either. If we can track a car in a container on its way to China then id surely think this thing works.

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
              Around $1000.
              Where did you get that ridiculous quote? Its plastered all over the lojack website its $695 for the basic lojack.

What do I know though, I'm just a lojack technician.

Comment

I didn't know you did that, Jed!

How difficult is it to remove? I mean, if a thief is prepared, couldn't they just take the car, drive half a mile away, yank the system, and haul ass outta there?
                I'm sure the system is good. LoJack wouldn't still be in business if it wasn't worth owning... but nuts and bolts can be removed.
                There are some serious car thieves in NJ. We can't run to Mexico (like the guys who stole Steve's first wagon probably did), so NJ thieves need to steal the car and strip it quick. Certain areas of Newark, Paterson, and Camden are so run down and dangerous that the cops don't even patrol... so if a thief could get a car to an abandoned alleyway, pull that LoJack system out, and take the car to a chop shop... nobody would ever know.

Comment

You would really need to work fast and obviously know what to look for. If the lojack technician does a great job installing the unit then a theif would have a grand time finding it. I do inspections and even when corporate tells me where the unit is hidden, even I have a problem getting to some of em. Of course there are lazy fuck techs who do a shit job installing which makes the job for someone else much easier to find it (those techs eventually get fired quick). Even my work gets inspected. Lojack has strict standards on how it should be installed and hidden. Because everything has to look like it was there like it was part of the car. Thats the most I'm allowed tell you.

Comment

Nice. I hadn't thought of that! Disguise is a good thing

Comment

Wow! This is the most informative thread I have read so far! Mike is right about the shadow...it's gotto be in Mexico...Stolen on Labor Day when tourist from LA head to TJ. Do the border patrol have a Sensor to know a car is going through? I'm Sure if I had LJ it would have been found by now. Also..I bet a good thief has made a scanner to sweep and find the device. But the average dude can't afford them or to walk around with one.
                      I'm getting it and I would love Jed to put it in!! Wonder when I order it if the guy could arrange that? I think we both live in the Southern Cal/LA.area.

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

you can order it but im not going to install it. You would need to live in san diego to have a san diego technician install a lojack. Plus lojack won't send a friend of a friend to install it either.

and btw, lojack works better than gps. because once you go through a tunnel with gps, signal is cut off where as lojacks still get signal.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                          Where did you get that ridiculous quote? Its plastered all over the lojack website its $695 for the basic lojack.

What do I know though, I'm just a lojack technician.
                          I was basing it off the numbers given and I was surprised since I was seeing the $700 all around their website too, but I am use to there always being more that is needed. I am actually strongly considering it myself.
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                            You would really need to work fast and obviously know what to look for. If the lojack technician does a great job installing the unit then a theif would have a grand time finding it. I do inspections and even when corporate tells me where the unit is hidden, even I have a problem getting to some of em. Of course there are lazy fuck techs who do a shit job installing which makes the job for someone else much easier to find it (those techs eventually get fired quick). Even my work gets inspected. Lojack has strict standards on how it should be installed and hidden. Because everything has to look like it was there like it was part of the car. Thats the most I'm allowed tell you.
                            Its easy enough to find them (I have done them on and off)

If you do them by the book the antenna lead is the tell as well as the common power locations

But to the op if you can not afford another stolen car and need to MAKE PAYMENTS on a lojack maybe you should get a car less likely to get stolen..

A better option would be many of the cheaper and BETTER gps based systems that you can track yourself without the risk of relying a lazy officer.
                            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 06-17-2014, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                              I was basing it off the numbers given and I was surprised since I was seeing the $700 all around their website too, but I am use to there always being more that is needed. I am actually strongly considering it myself.
                              me too considering ill have around 10k in my car after the trans rebuild. (in a car only worth 2500)
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X