Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Lips: HUGE favor asked for anyone with a cb7 and access to a 5th gen accord...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Lips: HUGE favor asked for anyone with a cb7 and access to a 5th gen accord...

I know people have fitted 5th gen oem rear lips onto 4th gens...and they fit, but just come up a little short on the sides.

By this logic, I'm deducing that 4th gen rear lips would fit on 5th gen rear bumpers but will be a bit longer on the ends, requiring trimming. However, not real sure about the contours n stuff. I'm on the verge of buying a 2-piece mugen style rear lip for a 4th gen accord and kinda don't want to waste my time with money and shipping and the entire hasstle if I can avoid it. I've got a 1st gen cl but the fitment is almost identical to a 5th gen accord, which is why I asked.

If anyone has a for sure answer on this, I would appreciate it so much. Thanks in advance

My members ride thread

1) Damn son, glad to see you could grace us with your presence again.

2) I cant help with pics and i dont know that ayone has ever put a 4G lip on a 5G or a CL. Good luck though. Why not pick up a cheapo 4G lip and test fit. That way, if it does fit, you know exactly what you have to do to the new lip, if/when you buy it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

heyyyyy my man...dang, mutual. Miss you guys mucho....and the site in general. I think about the cb all the time and actually still ponder of picking one up as a project car

good idea dude...I'll try to see if I can source a 4th gen oem lip locally from a junkyard. In the meantime, if anyone does have any idea of the fitment and would like to share, it would be greatly appreciated

thanks bruh!

My members ride thread

Comment

Why bother? The 5th gen has plenty available styles to choose from for rear lips

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
          Why bother? The 5th gen has plenty available styles to choose from for rear lips
          True that - unless you're gung-ho about the CB Mugen style. Plus, the OEM CB rear "lip" is part of the bumper.

Man, I really like 1G CLs.
          My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

^^ thanks dudes...but honestly I really prefer the look of the 4th gen 2 piece mugen style lip. It hangs low and since it's 2 piece it makes it easier for me to work with

as per 5th gen lips...the mugen style, to me, is ugly...and the wings west lips are played out to hell. Anything outside of that is hard to come by and expenive.

Hopefully someone on here has a lip hanging around and a homey with a 5th gen

My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
            X