Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swap time *H22a all day*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap time *H22a all day*

so here it goes, lil back round on the situation at hand. I been having the car for 14 years running this f22 on and off as a daily driver. about four months ago i was driving to work and when i pushed the clutch in she stalled out. i poped the clutch and she fired back up. got up to the stop sign and rpm dropped low and the oil ligth started blinking real faintly. i pulled over checked the oil, all was good. it only did it at idle. so since i was far away from home i jus kept it slightly reved at a stop. all signs pointed to a pressure problem but since that oil light is really only good for tellin you your in trouble i couldnt be sure. i contiuned to drive the car on and off because it would only do it after she got good and hot. i installed a oil pressure gauge shorlty after and noticed good oil pressure when cold but then she would drop to 0psi. all the while the top end had been gettin louder and louder, plus my clutch and or transmission was starting to slip and get stuck in gear, kinda like something was broke inside. when she was slightly reved at around 3krpm the rattiling from the motor was very bad. so i said hell with it. time for a new motor.. so here we are now. time to swap

using the DIY in here on the F22 removal this was easliy removed by my self in less then 5 hours, takin time to lable everything was the hardest part.

Comment

i orderd the minimum to freshen up the new(old) motor,belts, water pump,etc. dont wanna do a complete overhaul cause i plan to pull it back out in a few months once i save up a lil dough. so far lookin at the motor i notice im missing half the main connections on the wire harness. also gonna have to figure how to wire up for the internal coil on this new dizzy, figure out the deal with the non existent vtec pressure switch that jus a bolt in its place and how to wire it and swap the fuel rail with my f22 one since the fuel pick up is on the opposite side. gonna pull the valve cover and oil pan and see what years on stagnent oil look like i guess

Comment

Follow the swap thread and you'll be fine. As far as the Vtec oil switch just go to the JY and get one from any honda with vtec. Get the plug too. Unless you are chipped then you just disable it on the chip

Is this OBD 1 or 2 motor you have?

steve

Comment

sweet, another H22 swap

any pics??
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

i got a few pics ill post in a bit, it should be an obd 1. thats what i asked for, iim not sure what the differences are but i read that alot of obd 2 dont have the pressure sensor as well, then i read that as long as i have the right jdm ecu that it wont look for the sensor. im not chippin it yet, gonna run it stock for a few months make sure everything is right before i start tweakin.

Comment

well i got the valve cover off and the oil pan off and been cleaning as much as the hard build up as possible while waiting on parts to show up. also finished these motor mounts up (front and rear) turned out sweet!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

both broken mounts broken, casted on one side and layed flat to take the fill

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                        Good luck with the swap man. hoping to do a h swap in my accord at some point

Comment

they look good but will they hold.............

Comment

Why wouldn't they work? They look pretty good, just let them cure properly.

The jdm p13 has a speed limiter at 118. I think. When I was looking I wanted the US version. I may be wrong.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                              Why wouldn't they work? They look pretty good, just let them cure properly.

The jdm p13 has a speed limiter at 118. I think. When I was looking I wanted the US version. I may be wrong.

steve
                              Yeah that's right. But why would you want to go any faster than that you gotta be dumb in a 20 year old car, that's what Deev says and he's right!

P13 ecus are expensive and hard to find these days, I heard that you could buy a civic ecu with a H22a basemap preloaded and have it shipped to you. There's this guy on Ebay who does it, I trust him and I think I am going to get one from him. Its cheaper than what a P13 ecu goes on ebay, $170 compared to $200.
                              “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                              ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Working...
                              X