Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clutch slipping feels like wheel hop but with the motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch slipping feels like wheel hop but with the motor?

Has anyone experienced this? In the mornings i will go to pull out of my drive way and when putting it in first gear and start to let off the clutch pedal the clutch starts to grab and all hell breaks loose! Car start shaking violently until the clutch is fully engaged. It feels as if the flywheel had a rough spot on it and the clutch would slip then grab/ slip then grab. It feels like trying to do a burn out with broken mounts with wheel hop. Anyways i was screwing with a cop last night or i should say tried too lol. I pulled the e break at a stop sign and though id light um up. I raised the rpm's dropped the clutch and nothing! It just slipped the clutch and good too! So this morning i hop in and run some errands and my car felt better, The clutch now engages nice and smooth none of the clutch hop feeling. I get on it and no slippage happening from the clutch. I went ahead and dumped the clutch at 4k rpm's and did a small burn out to and it went great, no problems at all. Could i have had some contamination on my clutch or flywheel? And by slipping it for a few seconds did this somehow clean or resurface the flywheel or clutch somehow? Anyways no harm no foul. Car feels great now and i like the fact that when i pull off in the mornings I'm not chirping the tires and getting that awful shake anymore. I just found this all to be interesting and though id share it with everyone.

By the way, I live near the interstate and i noticed the cop down on the highway trying to catch speeders. I was up on the overpass within his sight. There was no way he would have been able to come after me but i figured what the hell.

have you changed the clutch before? if so, was the flywheel resurfaced by a machine shop?

if not, then perhaps you are getting debris (oil, etc) on the flywheel from underneath the car by the flywheel cover. Just a guess

Formerly 91AccordExR33
    11.68 @ 127mph
    417whp/375wtq
    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

mine chatters too when cold...but i can still pop the clutch and do one tire fires all day.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
        have you changed the clutch before? if so, was the flywheel resurfaced by a machine shop?

if not, then perhaps you are getting debris (oil, etc) on the flywheel from underneath the car by the flywheel cover. Just a guess
        Yeah i haven't changed the clutch but i believe it was replaced not to long before i got the car, two years ago. It would slip a little back then when i really got on it. But after i took it easy for a while it never did it again i guess it broke in.

wed3k- mine chatters too when cold...but i can still pop the clutch and do one tire fires all day.

Same here well on my old tires. Now i got these new Firestone's and these damn things stick. Now the Bridgstones that i moved to the rear would just melt like nothing. These walmart Firestone tires have very weak sidewalls and it feels as if they are acting like slicks upon take off. They are great for straight line but suck on the twisties. Also about two weeks ago i filled my mounts with that mcmasters urethane 86a i believe, That may be making some difference as well.

Comment

yeah mine have the same thing. when it is really cold for the first time i take off there is a small chatter. but after first is disengaged it be fine and after that i don't feel it anymore.

clutch was replaced right before i bought the car which was last sept.
          1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Yeah my chatter would go away after a while also. My friends would be like dude learn to drive manual lol. But after my failed burn out and me smoking the clutch a bit seem to have made it better, Go figure right. I am by no means telling anyone to go out and fully slip the clutch like i did but i have to admit it made it allot smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
              Yeah my chatter would go away after a while also. My friends would be like dude learn to drive manual lol. But after my failed burn out and me smoking the clutch a bit seem to have made it better, Go figure right. I am by no means telling anyone to go out and fully slip the clutch like i did but i have to admit it made it allot smoother.

lol well i have been babyin this car so far i have not even attempeted to burn out in it, but my white car i had omg i'd just do burn outs till thrid!

but when it snowed i never had a prob with the wheel spin.

but if u can't do a burn out i say ur clutch is bout to go, i'd say start savin up ur money but it could be a false alarm. when my chatter like that i belive it is just the cold and the metal expands and such but when it warms up all good

Comment

btw i notice we have the same color car. man i'm jelous ur look waaayyy better than mine!

wanna trade? lol jk

Comment

Looks can be deceiving lol It's got dents, fading clear coat on the roof and dented up fender. It was just really clean that day i took some pic's. Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

Working...
                  X