23T Caliper Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23T Caliper Bracket

Does anyone knows the part number for it? And what vehicles come with it?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=189935&page=2
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thank you for the info... now I understand the 23T concept. Now I have a whole part list for a ROH and 5 lug conversion for when I take a trip to the JY.

Comment

What's your setup gonna be friend? Share it with us.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

It depends on the inventory of vehicles in the JY, if they have an Odyssey, I'll take the whole front setup with V6 calipers with rear Prelude knuckle and hub assembly. Rotors I will buy from a performance company. If they have a Legend I would go with the dual piston caliper setup. Maybe if they have an SK2 I'll go with that. Any setup that I choose to go with I'll make sure to post some pics and the parts that I used. There are so many setups one can go with, it really all depends on the JY inventory.

Comment

Decide on what you want first. If you want to go 5-lug then look for a first generation Odyssey or an sixth-generation Accord with an S5 stamp on the dust shield(second generation TLs and CLs fit here also). I wouldn't bother with the '97-'01 Prelude unless you just really want to. It's not a direct fit and I went with a setup that is. As for brackets, decide now whether you want a thicker or thinner rotor. Then get the brackets from the according vehicle.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I do have a list, but it is still depends on the availability of parts in the JY. So what do you suggest for the aft axles? Should I go with the fourth gen Lude brake setup. I've got the front figured out, the back puzzles me a bit because of the conversion to disk the I will be doing. I am not at home right now so I can't really go to the JY until I get back from deployment. Thank you for the input.

Comment

I did '96-'98 3.2TL rear knuckles back there but I wouldn't do it again. I wanted to experiment with some other options for converting the rear to 5 lug. I succeeded but I don't like the aesthetics of the result. The rear hubs for the 3.2TL are 30mm taller on each side so the rear track is now 60mm wider. Great for a performance handling standpoint, but the tires stick out of the rear wheel wells too much for me.

There are essentially two knuckles available that fit our cars with varying hub/bearing combinations/axle stud combinations. The 3.2TL uses the the same knuckles (again, disregarding the hub/bearing/axle stud) as the CB9 wagon, the 5th-gen V6 and wagon, the Vigor and the 1st-gen CL which spaces the locations the lower control arms bolt to the knuckle by 30mm. So essentially the lower control arms are 30mm further apart.

Since all of the models that use this control arm are somewhat larger than the CB7 it would make sense to assume that this front-to-rear distance increase would benefit stability. If you were to use one of these knuckles sourced from any of the Accords that had them then the axle stud length would be such that you could use a factory 4-lug hub or the 5th-gen Prelude 5-lug hub. The downside to this is that you'll need the crossmember from the same car as well. This will benefit you by giving you rear sway bar mounting points while also taking car of the new control arm spacing on the other end.

If you think that's too much to think about then you'll need rear disc knuckles from a '91-'93 Accord that used them. Those will bolt up just like stock. Of source you'll need all of the other things that the rear disc DIY discusses such as rotors, calipers, brackets and e-brake cables.

Or, if none of those suit you, tasauto.com sells a rear conversion kit that will use your factory knuckles. With this method you would need rear hubs from a '97-'01 CR-V to go 5-lug since those had drums.

It's a lot to think about but all of the information is here.

Comment

I saw your setup with the TL knuckles in the rear; I think that increasing the camber, rolling the fender (professionally), toe adjustment, and using a lower profile tire would do the trick. The wider track on the back is beneficial, but it look a little off. Will the front knuckles from a TL work on the CB? And if it does, will it make it as wide in the front as well? I think that I will go with the Prelude setup on the rear.

Comment

Working...
                  X