No announcement yet.

ghowell6 : 1991 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are REALLY pushing the limits of talking about selling/trading...
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Dude, it's Member's Rides section, this isn't the spoon feeding section.

Comment

S.W.A.T. that is a sweet looking car. $1400 was a steal for that. My Accord was about $2500. Should have only paid about 2k, considering it needed a timing belt, new CV joints and some other stuff. There’s a great story about the CV joints on this car. Suffice it to say, I’m so happy I decided to take it to a shop and not mess with anything. I’ve had some fun adventures with this car in terms of repairs...
        My “records” are a stack of receipts from a previous owner. They have the printout of the CL ad from the owner before them, which is interesting.
        I was just curious about the origin of the seat covers, since he mentioned them. Duly noted.
        MRT's:
        2001 Acura CL
        1991 Honda Accord SE

Originally posted by Bad_dude
        If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

Comment

UPDATE: Finally got my variable speed wipers all installed. I installed the wiper stalk about a month ago but just got an A11 ICU and soldered it up. Got some rain today so I was able to use them on I-205 coming back from a trip up to Washington. It was awesome.
          MRT's:
          2001 Acura CL
          1991 Honda Accord SE

If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

Comment

That's a great mod. I did that on my SE too. However, when I sold it, I took the A11 ICU, but I left the stalk in the car. I only drive my car on nice days now, so no use to put the variable wipers in this time.

I sold my SE for $2500 back in December. I was surprised I even got that much for it, considering in December 2009 when I bought it, I paid $800 for it.

Comment

Very clean car! I like where this is going.

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

If I ever sell the car, I'll probably swap in a regular Accord wiper stalk and the regular ICU and keep (or maybe sell) the A11 and Legend wiper stalk, since it'd be a drop in fit for any Accord owner.
                One thing I noticed with this mod is that the automatic seatbelt no longer moves when you remove the key from the ignition- it only moves when you open/ close the door. Doesn't matter to me, and I like the new lights-on chime a lot better. I'm personally happy that the key-in buzzer doesn't work anymore, as it always annoyed the heck out of me.
                MRT's:
                2001 Acura CL
                1991 Honda Accord SE

Comment

Clean ride man
                  You think you might lower it?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                  BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                  Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                  CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Thanks guys! I've debated about lowering it. If I did, it probably wouldn't be much. I kinda need the ground clearance for driving to barns and show facilites with the horses. Horse people never patch their potholes.
                    I managed 27 MPG on my last tank. It was mostly freeway, but I was pleased to say the least. I though my car just got ho-hum mileage, thanks to the automatic.
                    MRT's:
                    2001 Acura CL
                    1991 Honda Accord SE

Comment

Finally got some stuff done on the car.
                      I went to a local Japanese specific parts yard here in Portland, called Auto Adventure, and found a factory manual for my car. Not very useful to me as I have a factory Helms manual and a Haynes manual, but it's a cool thing to have with the car.
                      I had some good junkyard finds recently, grabbed the Civic corner light sockets for the running lights on the bumper mounted turn signals, and two CD5 map lights. I have yet to install either, but I'm excited none the less.

I also washed the engine bay this last weekend with my uncle's help. Looks so much better, I was really pleased.
                      MRT's:
                      2001 Acura CL
                      1991 Honda Accord SE

Comment

Forgot it in my last post, but I also found a Yakima roof rack for my car off of Craigslist. $70 for the base rack and bars, two bike mounts and a short (12") ski mount. I went to a car shop in SE Portland (A great place called ReRack) and bought the proper clips and pads. About $100 for the whole rack system, which seemed like a really good deal. I can't fit it on anything newer than a '97 but for my purposes it'll work for a long time. Pretty stoked about that, as I can go up to the mountain and not have my backseat folded down to store my skis.
                        I bought a new bike for myself for college, and sold my mountain bike. Rack worked great for hauling both. The front bars are a farther down on the car from where they really should be. I moved them forwards next time I put the rack on and it was much better. I just need to get a key for the locks, as it currently doesn't lock to my roof.
                        MRT's:
                        2001 Acura CL
                        1991 Honda Accord SE

Comment

Since school is out, I've had some time to go through the car a bit. Unplugged the power antenna, since it is on the fritz again. I'm back to the stock Honda deck, as some jerk decided to break in to my car at OSU last November. I literally drove it the night before, parked it, and at 8AM the next morning, I came out to no radio. I never leave anything visible in my vehicles, and never put anything out of sight before leaving the vehicle at the destination. Unfortunately, my sister isn't the same way. She left her backpack in the trunk, with her computer. Just finished upgrading some parts on her MacBook, then off it walked.
                          Thief was pretty experienced with older Hondas. Another CB7, a Civic, and an Integra also were broken in to. Must have used a Slim Jim or shaved key, as no windows were broken, and I was positive that I locked it.
                          Insurance was surprisingly good at covering everything, but the radio and car-related stuff. I had a radiator hose sprout a leak earlier that week, and had just replaced it two days before the incident. Other then that, she has about 170k now, still running great.
                          MRT's:
                          2001 Acura CL
                          1991 Honda Accord SE

Comment

Working...
                          X