INT : Map light Install LX, DX, and 10th AE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by busak87 View Post
    AWESOME!!! Ive wanted to do this for sometime now!!!

will definitely be doing this DIY in the spring!!! Now I just need to hit up the JYs and find a maplight lol

on the DIY!!!

Its spring time... do you know where your maplight is lol

Were you able to find one and install it?

Originally posted by rocketman_471 View Post
    Any DIY's on the wiring yet?

Which wiring? To make the lights come on when the doors open?

Or the wiring to the dome light?

Originally posted by mattman View Post
    excellent sir ive always wanted map lights hahaha

Your welcome. Now go and get one!

Comment

nice write up
      My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
        Its spring time... do you know where your maplight is lol

Were you able to find one and install it?
        I did end up getting one!!! Now all I need to do is follow this awesome DIY write up and it'll be installed cant wait!!!!

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
        be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

i just installed the map light as i'm re-wrapping my headliner.
          Question for excalibur02, how did you go about attaching the wire from the maplight switches to turn on with the doors? i thought i had it figured out but no luck
          the way i have it is the pigtails of the maplight matched to the pigtail of the dome light and i assumed that the third prong would be for the door switch but i guess its not since it doesnt work

the red wire is the one i have going to both switches

im sorry that this pic is so large but photobucket wont resizes it for some reason

could you please help
          Originally posted by Quashish
          Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
          Quashish dictionary
          Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
          To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

Originally posted by choppacity View Post
            i just installed the map light as i'm re-wrapping my headliner.
            Question for excalibur02, how did you go about attaching the wire from the maplight switches to turn on with the doors? i thought i had it figured out but no luck
            the way i have it is the pigtails of the maplight matched to the pigtail of the dome light and i assumed that the third prong would be for the door switch but i guess its not since it doesnt work

the red wire is the one i have going to both switches

im sorry that this pic is so large but photobucket wont resizes it for some reason

could you please help

You need to desolder the two wires on each switch and flip them with each other. Then add pigtails to each of the third pins on the switches, and tie them into each other. Then run them to the power off the doors.

I have pictures showing in detail this process, but I'm not at home to upload them, I'll do it this afternoon.
            Last edited by RacH22; 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Awesome thanks alot!
              Originally posted by Quashish
              Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
              Quashish dictionary
              Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
              To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

What happens to the pics??

Comment

My pictures are not showing up since my host/server I'm using is a bit infected with malware. They will come back eventually

Comment

pictures are back up!

Comment

Any pics on the wiring for both making the lights come on when the doors open and just straight wiring to the dome light?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

is there a way to get the maplight to install w/o that bracket? it probably wont just sit inside the hole you cut huh? i wish i woulda grabbed that damn bracket at the jy

8 Accords so far:
                        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Bump. Going to do this soon.
                          2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                          2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                          CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                          GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

legend 4 wire map light

so i read on another thread to cap the blue wire its like a constant power. then the black and silver wire is negative. the white blue stripe wire is positive. and everything works. then.. the legend already has on with doors open mode right? cuz it has a 3 way switch. so when i have swith in the middle and then touch the white black stripe wire to the negative the center lighs light up. so how do i connect that one to the door sensor or something to go on when any of my 4 doors open?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Changed my mind. Im going to use the rear dome light from a legend instead of the front.

The wiring is a little different. Black negative, red positive, that way you can work the side map lights.

Then the other two don't seem to have a specific polarity. As long as they are connected in a way that completes the circuit the center dome turns on. So... What should I do with those two so that the center comes on with my doors open?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

The outer spot lights red and black wires to 12v and ground. Polarity doesn't really matter, but Honda puts the ground through the switches.

The center light is the rear dome light, the wht/blu is 12v power.
                                Blu/wht goes to the front dome light after the switch, this is so it works with the regular dome switch This has to be soldered in on the accord like in this picture:

The front legend dome light wires as follow
                                wht/blu 12v
                                blk ground
                                wht/black door trigger
                                blu/wht output after switch to rear dome light
                                Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X