Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Everything You'll ever need to know about roof racks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
    would you make your next screen name Yokohama? i really have some tire questions i need answered. later.
    I know very little about tires. I can try to answer though. What do you want to know?

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
    yakima either way your not going to get much respect around here after this. its sad in a way since you seem like yuo were trying to make a thread to help people. maybe next time dont try so hard
    Roger

Comment

Hey ive been building my thule roof rack slowly and i just got my fit kit today. I have everything exept the fairing and 477 short roof adaptor(I own a coupe). After putting the fit kit on i noticed technicaly you dont NEED a short roof adaptor but the load bars will be really close together wich is cool with me im only carrying a skateboard. My question is, how do i move the towers more towards the inside of the load bars?? I tried pushing and pulling but no luck, is there a button or something im not seeing?? The towers are just too far out wide on the load bars. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        I have a Yakima rack. I originally had it on my sedan using the Q73 clips... I installed it on my wagon using the same fit kit.. Seems to fit fine!

So, you don't NEED to get the Q6 for the rears... I'd recommend it though if you are building for a wagon....(opposed to swapping from a sedan)

I also have a couple of Thule pieces, like J-Bars for a kayak, and a roof box. (Thule's cheapest roof box is a hell of a lot cheaper than the cheapest Yakima roof box.) Those two Thule items work flawlessly with Yakima bars.

-2 cents.
        I don't know if this thread is dead, I've been busy and away for a while. I JUST BOUGHT A WAGON! Anyway I thought I'd be able to swap my Yakima rack right over. Saw this thread and u say the q73 clips will work on a wagon? Is it secure? I'm lugging an 8' ladder for work. Also when I checked yakimas site today it says q35 in front and q6 in back, did it ever say q73 in front and q6 in back? This thread says 73 in front and 6 in back that's why I ask. Thx guys!
        91 ex sedan
        And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
        Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
        sold to: Agol

Comment

Originally posted by Junior Smurff View Post
          Hey ive been building my thule roof rack slowly and i just got my fit kit today. I have everything exept the fairing and 477 short roof adaptor(I own a coupe). After putting the fit kit on i noticed technicaly you dont NEED a short roof adaptor but the load bars will be really close together wich is cool with me im only carrying a skateboard. My question is, how do i move the towers more towards the inside of the load bars?? I tried pushing and pulling but no luck, is there a button or something im not seeing?? The towers are just too far out wide on the load bars. Thanks!

A roof rack for a skate board? Isn't that a little overkill?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i like my roof rack thats hard to find

back at it again

Comment

This picture is back in 2003 when I bought the car, since then I have upgraded to new towers and the newer fairing. My rack carries everything from ladders, surfboards and even a large head board when I was in college.

"There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

What a good cheap basket just for looks

Comment

Originally posted by dannyhsu View Post
                  What a good cheap basket just for looks
                  curt makes one im selling mine

Comment

Working...
                  X