Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Blue lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue lights?

So i would like to replace my stock light bulbs with a pair of bright blue lights. I just want them with a hint of blue. what kind of lights are you guys useing? which ones do you recomed?

im thinking of geting these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...p2045653.m1253

Most of those blue tinted glass bulbs don't actually throw blue light. The blue lights you see on the road are HIDs (which should never be used in stock housings.)

Honestly, blue lights really aren't cool anymore. They've kinda gone the way of big aluminum wings, vinyl graphics, and LED windshield washers. You can do it if YOU like it, as it's your car... but it's not really admired by anyone else these days.

Comment

Get a color that's gonna help you actually see the road clearly.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

4300k is the best temp for useable light. but please retrofit, I just did mines check the mrt

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I run 3000k yellow halogen bulbs for my low beams. I like how the yellow doesn't glare on surfaces. Basically like driving with bright ass fog lights that cut through everything.

I have some unknown brand blue bulbs in my highs. They are bright white with a hint of blue, and they are super bright at night with excellent visibility.

If you're wanting some good quality halogen bulbs, Luminics and Nokya are some good brands to start with.

Comment

That actually looks quite good.

And yeah, lower temp "yellow" provides much better visibility in normal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
              4300k is the best temp for useable light. but please retrofit, I just did mines check the mrt
              You sick car! Ay but what kind of lights were the first ones that you had. There picture is on the front page there right under the picture of the mud flaps.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                That actually looks quite good.

And yeah, lower temp "yellow" provides much better visibility in normal circumstances.
                I love having the 3000s, because NOBODY....ok, except some guy in a current gen Golf in town, runs 3000s for their low beams. Everyone else rocks 6,8,10,12k HIDs.

People see the 3000s and are like fog lights wtf?

However, I must say, driving at night with the 3000s is fantastic. Visibility is crisp and clear. No glare off road signs, no glare off the road. No glare off cars infron, or anything else. Just cuts through everything.

Once I flick on my high beams, it's like God is appearing from the heavens.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Accord1 View Post
                  You sick car! Ay but what kind of lights were the first ones that you had. There picture is on the front page there right under the picture of the mud flaps.
                  Thanks, those are just led 9005 replacement bulbs in my high beam not good for useable light just show.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                  It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I use 2500k nokya hyper yellow for lows now and left DDM 5000k for highs, sort of like mikeys but more yellow.

Comment

I have a set of Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs in my stock fixtures. The bulbs look blue, but give off a great white light, and very clear. I'm partially colorblind, and have a hard time driving at night with some of these colored headlights, but these zxe bulbs help me out a lot.

Comment

5000K Nokya Lows

2500K Nokya Highs

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
                          I have a set of Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs in my stock fixtures. The bulbs look blue, but give off a great white light, and very clear. I'm partially colorblind, and have a hard time driving at night with some of these colored headlights, but these zxe bulbs help me out a lot.
                          Pure white, or even a yellowish tint, gives the most useful illumination. Stock bulbs aren't yellowish due to inferior technology or cost cutting... it's the most effective, safest light.

Although, my 09 Fit's light output blows goats. I need to do a projector retrofit in that sucker and run some HIDs!

Comment

I think im done with all my blue lights . I think im gonna go with 4300k Hid bulbs.Most people around here run 55w ballasts and they blind the crap out of you with the blue.I want ordinary bulbs now.I had Silverstar ultras and they were nice and bright and had a good fan pattern

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                              I think im done with all my blue lights . I think im gonna go with 4300k Hid bulbs.Most people around here run 55w ballasts and they blind the crap out of you with the blue.I want ordinary bulbs now.I had Silverstar ultras and they were nice and bright and had a good fan pattern
                              It's not even the wattage what's blinding people. It's the misuse of HID's on housings that aren't specifically designed to run HID's. Though many people lower the aim of their headlights to fix this , it's not the solution at all. The usable light is not where it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X