Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no CEL/ECU light codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no CEL/ECU light codes

Wussup CB7 ppls...i just got my CB like 2 weeks ago. the CEL came on a few days after having it, but it was fine up until around last week. yes the car is running funny and im almost certain of what could be wrong with it(EGR and/or fuel pump, plus it needs a tune up), however, as i put the paperclip in the SCS connector to check the codes(to make sure nothing else is wrong)nothing happened. no codes flashed at all, from the ECU light or the CEL. Any ideas??

Are you doing it like this? http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

Comment

yes....but its not working

Comment

Originally posted by ItzYaBoyTrigga View Post
        yes....but its not working
        Did you by any chance reset your ECU earlier?

Comment

no i didnt reset the ecu, i didnt disconnect the bettery, or any of that

Comment

does the check engine light even come on when you jump the connecter ? if not possible faulty ecu .
            this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
            How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
            Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
              does the check engine light even come on when you jump the connecter ? if not possible faulty ecu .
              More than likely, someone pulled the bulb. Try taking out your gauge cluster and checking for the bulb thats supposed to be there.

People will commonly just pull the bulb instead of fixing the problems before selling the car.

Comment

Originally posted by n8r4d3 View Post
                More than likely, someone pulled the bulb. Try taking out your gauge cluster and checking for the bulb thats supposed to be there.

People will commonly just pull the bulb instead of fixing the problems before selling the car.
                if that was the case he would now when he starts the car every time.
                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

when i jump the connector, the CEL comes on for like half a second and goes right off...there was quite a bit wrong with it and it should have thrown codes, but it didnt...a friend of mine said that it could either be a blown fuse in the ecu, or the ecu itsself may be going...but i dont know because the car drives fine(just got full tune up, and oil change, and fuel systen treatment)

Comment

So when you have the SCS connector jumped and you turn the ignition to II the CEL comes on for 2 seconds and shuts off..... sounds like you are ether jumping the wrong connector or someone cut/disconnected the SCS wires. Seems like the ECU is just going through it's usual start up self test and not getting the SCS signal.

Or there are no stored codes.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                      Or there are no stored codes.
                      If there were no stored codes, and the SCS connector was working properly and was jumped, then the CEL should stay on constant.

Comment

Shyte... Brain Fart!

0 flashes or CEL not lit with SCS jumped is an ECM/ECU error.....
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Also if you have an ecu like I've had in all three of my 1990 canadian accords you may have an led on the ecu. Lift the carpet on the passenger side and have a look it maybe flashing the codes on the ecu
                          My work in progress!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=49411
                            My work in progress!

Comment

Working...
                            X