Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 Accord LX Clutch Master/Slave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Accord LX Clutch Master/Slave

Hey guys I'm getting ready to do my Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders because, well, they're done for. I was wondering if anyone's done it and has tips, and if there's a write up on it. If there is no write up, anyone have interest in one, I'd be willing to do it while doing the job on my own car. I'm getting an Exedy master and slave cylinder for the job. Thanks guys!

Exedy Master and Slave? Didn't know they made those.

Anyway, it's a pretty straight forward job. I recommend using the one-man bleeder method. It took me less than 5 minutes to bleed the clutch and that's probably the most frustrating part of replacing hydraulic components.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Some people (including myself) have had issues bleeding the clutch. There are half a dozen different methods discussed on this site. I found and tried all of them, and had no success. What ended up working for me was having a friend pry on the fork at the slave cylinder while I depressed the pedal. It was the only way to get all the air out of the system. Most people didn't have that kind of difficulty, fortunately... but if you end up being one of them, I suggest trying that.

Comment

I got the parts in today, and they aren't "technically" Exedy, but the shipping and packaging indicates that it was at least distributed by Exedy, and it alludes to the parts being made by them. @deevergote thanks for the tip, I've been stalking here for a while through my CB7 ownership and finally made an account after my fifth CB:P I haven't had to swap the hydraulics for the clutch before, and I'm sure its so simple a caveman can do it after taking a look at it, but I was mostly just wondering if a writeup wouldn't be a bad idea for the spoonies. I was beginning to think the forum died and its good to see some OG members out posting

Comment

The forum slowed down due to the kids preferring faster, less accurate forms of information exchange (Facebook and Instagram top that list.) We're still here, though... and although it's a bit slower than it used to be, this is still the best place to get good info!

If you want to write a DIY thread on bleeding, please do so. The more info we have on here, the better!

Comment

I recently replaced both MC And SC. It took for ever to bleed, and it stil feels like its not right. I have to press really hard alll the way down to get the car to shift, I even had to extend the rod to the max almost to the point where the rod is about to un-screw from the nut. any pointers,tips, DiY's are always helpful. Im old school and still use the different forums around. I rarely have posted on here since I signed up but I have benefited from reading a lot of the info on here.
            Last edited by Phxcb7; 04-15-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phxcb7 View Post
              I Recently Replaced Both Mc And Sc. It Took For Ever To Bleed, And It Stil Feels Like Its Not Right. I Have To Press Really Hard Alll The Way Down To Get The Car To Shift,i Even Had To Extend The Rod To The Max Almost To The Point Where The Rode Is About To Un Screw From The Nut. Any Pointers,tips, Diy's Are Always Helpful. Im Old School And Still Use The Different Forums Around. I Rarely Have Posted On Here Since I Signed Up But I Have Benefited From Reading Alot Of The Info On Here.
              Please turn caps lock off... that is terribly annoying to read.

Comment

Fixed, i have to use caps at work so i rarely turn them off. my apologies.

Comment

If it doesn't feel right, it usually isn't.

When you are bleeding, do you see any air bubbles?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                  X