Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Good system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good system?

Hey guys, I know next to nothing about audio stuff, but when I bought my car, it came with a Pioneer Head Unit, and XPlod Speakers.

I guess I'm just wondering if that's a good system. btw I play punk, rock, hardcore, metal...stuff like that, not too much rap or hip hop - if that makes any difference./ thanks guys

^^click it or ticket^^

do you want a system that will sound good and not draw attention to you ?? or do u want to set off car alarms and let everyone know your driving by ??

--------------------
    sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
    bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
    Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

something that'll sound good and not bring any attention to me haha

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

when you said speakers in your OP, do you mean subs or other speakers, like 6x9s and door speakers and stuff?

if they're door or rear deck speakers, you're fine with them. you could get an amp to get a bit more power out of them, but if they seem fine to you then just save some money and leave them.

if they're subs, an amp is once again a choice, but if they sound alright and since you said you don't want to draw attention, just leave 'em.

one other thing is, how old is the deck? if it's fairly new then just leave it. but if it's a bit old (like a couple years) then you could get a new one. they seem to be coming down in price for the basic ones and they're starting to come with more features. just a thought though.
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Infinity AMP
          Kicker cvr Subs
          Infinity Speakers

And you will be bumpin!

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91
            it came with a Pioneer Head Unit
            Originally posted by CB7lx91
            and XPlod Speakers.

I really like Pioneer's basic H/Us.....they are well powered and reliable. For a $180 or less H/U (retail) they would be my top pick. For more expensive units I tend towards Alpine.....(Panasonics are reasonably priced with many options too)

I HATE Sony's XPlod line.......the decks are underpowered and junky and the speakers are lousy compared to many other brands. They're better than stock, but thats not saying much.

Alpine Type S are very reasonably priced fairly powerful speakers and I like Clarion too.

If you have an EX with 6x9's in the back then I would say you're set with some nice 3way Alpines front and rear. Good setup for listening to punk or rock.....

A nice little 10" KickerCompVR in a sealed box in the trunk would add a little more oomph, but that starts ratcheting up the $

good luck
            1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

the comp CVR subs are worth it. They wont kill your budget and will sound good in a sealed box.

--------------------
              sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
              bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
              Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

You can make anything sound good in the right box. I would personally go with something like RF, JL, Kicker, or Alpine.

Brands I'd stay away from are: Pioneer (for subs anyways), Sony, MTX (which is my current setup, and they sound DIRTY), Audiobahn, Dual, Lanzar, Kenwood, and pretty much anything else best buy sells, lol.

Comment

Dude get 2 12" kicker L7's in a sealed box with a 25000X1 kicker amp and it will Beat your dick in the dirt.Make sure its a sealed box. I messed ^ and got the ported,still sounds good but my woofers should hit alot harder

Comment

Originally posted by HONDAISGOD
                    Dude get 2 12" kicker L7's in a sealed box with a 25000X1 kicker amp and it will Beat your dick in the dirt.Make sure its a sealed box. I messed ^ and got the ported,still sounds good but my woofers should hit alot harder
                    fix your location for those at work

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                      fix your location for those at work
                      What???

Comment

I got 6.5 Xplods all around they are good for the price if your not blasting bass though them at really high volume
                        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by HONDAISGOD
                          What???
                          think a little.... your location that everyone can see under your name

Comment

why would i fix my location?If your at work u need to be contributing to the company that pays you a check every week.not worrying about my location.Not to be rude.

Comment

but the dohc is nasty sweet.Iam hating on the polished head

Comment

Working...
                              X