Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
    Correct a ZF310.
    I would service the detent pins in it before installing it. My m3 has the stupid 5th gear lean when cold because of it.

Also I have an m3 3 spoke steering wheel if you're interested

Comment

I looked into that when I thought I couldn't get into reverse but I was just being stupid and did not realize R is next to 1. Other than that the grars shift just fine. It is good preventitive maintenance but there is no way I will get a hold of the right tools for that in time.

Well these finally showed up. The store bought it from shipped ot fast, USPS just fucked up.

Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Half way there! Now just for installation.

Comment

This is taking too long!

But the difficult stuff is done today. The PITA hydraulics are in place as of last week. This week the clutch, transmission and diff are in place, and the shifter is in. So all the heavy lifting is done with and should be easy from here on out. The only thing I am concerned with is if the hydraulics I have are good or not which will not be bled until next weekend. Also while my friend who was doing the starter, I found a second socket and did the poly rear sway mounts since there was space. Would have done the driveshaft but the damn DST reverting took an hour of sunlight away.

I was playing around with the shifter and it felt very precise. Either it is a well designed shifter or delrin bushing are great!

Comment

In my Manufacturing processes class, I took the OBD2 headers and got the air pump port welded shut and resurfaced the mating surfaces. And yesterday at lunch I went on the hunt for 18x1.5 bolts to block off the pre-cat O2 sensors. Today with what little sunlight there was left I re-coated them with the Autozone Special "ceramic coating" and are now finally ready to be dropped in. I had to rush this since some exhaust studs on the old headers snapped during removal so instead of fixing that I am just going to use the new headers and have a new cat-less exhaust welded up when the manual swap is finished soon.

Comment

I was going to drive home last night but the slave cylinder exploded and now there are bits of it in the bellhouse, DAMN IT! My options besides dropping the trans are few and unlikely to work so I am not too happy at all.

Comment

Got to work on it today and I can confidantly say the mechanicals are finished. Took all of 5 minites to get the rod out but I am not 100% sure everything is out but I will take a risk since I think the other items are small. So now tomorrow my friend is going to tow it home so I can do the electriclals then a new exhaust will be made to accomodate the new headers. Yay finally an end to this amd it has not snowed yet so I get sometime to play.

Comment

Its home!

Comment

So ive decided I want a car to enjoy and one that is dependable. This car is fun but not sure I would be fine with taking it to AL as much as I go there. I have it for sale for a ridiculous amount until I find suitable storage because I still want a project not one to depend on everyday and I dont have time for it lately so this Sunday im going to buy either an E39 530i or an E46 330i both manuals. So now I am fine with 1000hp stock block blowing headgaskets every week type of project!

This is also a bit if a credit building excersise too since I only have one credit card and I have a high score but a very small history and Ill be damned if im going to buy $1000s worth of crap I dont want or need.

Comment

Ended up selling her to a good buddy of mine. Not my car now but still going to update since I will be helping him with it. It is just not the time in my life for a project. Between school and work, just no time. I am also trying to save for a house so 1 BMW is enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X