Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

jmolina's: 1992 accord Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
    It's because you drive a compact car that looks modified. I guaruntee that's the reason you were pulled over.

That particular wastegate can be risky, like the other guys said. I'd replace it, but that's just me.

This looks like a nice, cheap turbo setup you've got going on. I like it and I hope you meet your goal.

What size is that intercooler though? It looks pretty small to me, and you may need to upgrade?
    damn cops pickin on imports but its ok

the wastegate i basicly got it for free along with the intercooler so can't complain, the inside of that wastegate looks good and intact, even though its old, i heard it was the shit back in the 90's but this car is not a daily driver so it won't get banged everyday, and its not for streetracing, i'm really doing it for status but if a srt-4 pull up to me, then its on...j/k.....maybe

but i will surely upgrade everything that needs upgrading but the parts i have will have to do. like said 250whp is all i want, man i'll be happy with 220hp, so the intercooler should be fine. Size is 6.5 in tall 29in long 2.2in thick, so its perfect, keep in mine i wanna keep my a/c on.

yeah...its a cheap setup, but it okay, all the parts are cheaper than the full turbo kit sold on ebay, and they are better in quality

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
      damn cops pickin on imports but its ok

the wastegate i basicly got it for free along with the intercooler so can't complain, the inside of that wastegate looks good and intact, even though its old, i heard it was the shit back in the 90's but this car is not a daily driver so it won't get banged everyday, and its not for streetracing, i'm really doing it for status but if a srt-4 pull up to me, then its on...j/k.....maybe

but i will surely upgrade everything that needs upgrading but the parts i have will have to do. like said 250whp is all i want, man i'll be happy with 220hp, so the intercooler should be fine. Size is 6.5 in tall 29in long 2.2in thick, so its perfect, keep in mine i wanna keep my a/c on.

yeah...its a cheap setup, but it okay, all the parts are cheaper than the full turbo kit sold on ebay, and they are better in quality
      This is true. Good luck on the build man!
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

thanks brother just bought A second cb sedan 5speed...woot

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
          thanks brother just bought A second cb sedan 5speed...woot
          Very nice!
          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

You should turbo the 2nd cb7 bro have some fun with 5-speed.
            99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh View Post
              You should turbo the 2nd cb7 bro have some fun with 5-speed.
              yeah it will get her turn in the near future..lol
              now i gotta fix the damn oilleak coming from the bottom of the harmonic balancer

Comment

subscribed. i wanna see this build play out. makes me wanna switch to a turbo build reeeeeal bad!
                2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

yeah looks to be a good budget build. Im anxious to see how it turns out. Its about how i would like to build mine, budget wise. Let me know what that oil leak ends up being. I got the same thing going on and dont feel like getting into it. I know its dripping off of the plastic cover on the very bottom of the Harmonic balancer. Its too cold outside to bust up my knuckles. PEACE

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by theSOB View Post
                    subscribed. i wanna see this build play out. makes me wanna switch to a turbo build reeeeeal bad!
                    thanks bro..

Originally posted by LowNknoxville View Post
                    yeah looks to be a good budget build. Im anxious to see how it turns out. Its about how i would like to build mine, budget wise. Let me know what that oil leak ends up being. I got the same thing going on and dont feel like getting into it. I know its dripping off of the plastic cover on the very bottom of the Harmonic balancer. Its too cold outside to bust up my knuckles. PEACE
                    thanks...yeah its a really good budget build, now that the white cb is out of the way and not have to worry about any oil leaks(sold it) i can dedicate more time to the coupe, i've already purchased the oil filter sandwich plate oil feeder made by glowshift and the complete oil line kit, thats the feed and return.

Gotta go pickup that oil pan from justin next week, the only thing i need is the chipped P06 ecu and 450cc injectors, after that the turbo is ready to be bolted on

Also i still gotta make a custom dumptube for the wastegate

wish me luck guys

Comment

nice build, im starting one here real soon once money starts flowing. as for the dump pipe, you going to run a screamer pipe, or are you going to tie it into the downpipe?

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Good luck on this as well, but I am another advocate for getting a tial and getting rid of the deathgate. Better to spend 200 now on a wg than to spend 500+ later on a new motor.

Looks like good stuff though, keep us posted.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by 5spd92 View Post
                          nice build, im starting one here real soon once money starts flowing. as for the dump pipe, you going to run a screamer pipe, or are you going to tie it into the downpipe?
                          thanks...and good luck with your future build, i'm gonna have a welder here weld it to the downpipe

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                          Good luck on this as well, but I am another advocate for getting a tial and getting rid of the deathgate. Better to spend 200 now on a wg than to spend 500+ later on a new motor.

Looks like good stuff though, keep us posted.
                          thanks bro...i might have to look into different gates soon, we'll see what happens by the end of next week i'll keep you guys updated.

Comment

I can't wait to see your finish product. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.
                            I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                            Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            My coupe!!!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                            Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Nice turbo build on a buget. Cant wait to see te out come.
                              cb007
                              first cb wit full LED taillight retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by daheavyking View Post
                                I can't wait to see your finish product. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.
                                me either man, i hope i do it right

Originally posted by cb007 View Post
                                Nice turbo build on a buget. Cant wait to see te out come.
                                really good budget bro...thanks to my local friends, they helped me out alot

the kit is near completion, just got the oil feed and return kit, also in is the oil filter adapter plate. DSM 450CC injectors have been purchased, just waiting for it to be shipped..only item left is the p06 ecu..

and also need to make a custom dumppipe for the wastegate..i'm not gonna weld it to the downpipe, also the downpipe i have will not fit so i need to make a custom one too...well thats it for now, i'll post pics of the items i just recieved later. Keep u guys posted

Comment

Working...
                                X